Wood Group PSN Employee Reviews

fast paced
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 25, 2016
enjoyable fast paced environment requiring the ability to multi-task / provided many growth opportunities and management training / the local management team was one of the best I've ever worked with
good pay, good personel in office
Mechanic Offshore (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoAugust 5, 2016
work offshore 14/14 schedule, hardest part of my job is being away from my family, good things are working with people from all parts of the world, learning new cultures and work ethics.
Pros
time off
Cons
time away from family
Cardno PPI was not the best company for a lifetime career
Subsea Engineer (Former Employee) –  OffshoreJuly 12, 2016
Cardno PPI was not the best company for a lifetime career due to lack of training and acknowledging employees for a job well done.
Work in fast paced and multi-tasking enviroments
Human Resources Asst (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 29, 2016
I started assisting the HR Generalist in the Greeley, CO office in August of 2014 the home office was based out of Houston, TX. We over saw 350 employees in our division. I help re-organize the office to bring it up to date and in compliance with company polices. My HR Generalist was laid off in March of 2015. I learned all of the HR duties therefore I was put in charge of all of the Greeley office at that time. I also assisted our payroll lead in helping with payroll and timesheets.
productive and fun place to work great ppl
a-operator (Current Employee) –  buras black bayMay 22, 2016
12 hours of work learning the end and out of state water compliance and production practices guys I worked with were down to earth and very helpful hardest part weather best part crew change
Pros
paid to work
Cons
cooks
Enjoyed work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 14, 2016
Routine operations monitoring charts recorders, Gas Rates, Oil production, pressure gauges, temperatures and levels, recording daily, weekly and Monthly records and reports, input in SEMP, BSEE testing, crane and rigging operations, chemical handling proper PPE's observing and monitoring equipment vessels, scrubbers, working in safe environment and in compliance under BSEE and Clients Regulatory Guide Plan
Oil Field Related
Automation Control Systems Specialist / DCS, HMI (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77094April 21, 2016
Oil field is slow at present due to global economic crises. Overall Woodgroup was goo to work with when work was available.
Pros
Good working conditions and good pay.
Cons
Oil field is unstable work at this time.
A good place to work when provided with more that just 40 hours a week.
Warehouse/Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Freer, TXApril 18, 2016
Work was enjoyable. I obtained better communication skills and more material handling/warehouse operations experience.
Pros
Company provided man camp for lodging with meals all day.
Cons
Health benefits changed too much year by year.
Maintained and install new or upgrade existing systems and equipment on oil and gas production platform
Electrician/A Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 3, 2016
— Installed, maintained, repaired and tested equipment for an offshore operating company.
— Performed preventive maintenance & corrective maintenance.
— Performed general electromechanical repairs on client systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to code requirements.
— Assist Operations with day to day activities to maintain production.
—
ok place to work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 23, 2016
Hard work and the industry is very unstable at this time. good time off if your working a rotational schedule. not real good pay
Good employment service
Technician/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 7, 2016
Wood Group strives to create jobs and hold their current employees to a high standard in the oil and gas industry. Although worldwide, we're a family
Woodgroup is a great company and I would still be there if they were not affected by lay-offs due to drop in oil prices.
C Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 14, 2016
Woodgroup is a great company to work for. The Oil prices unfortunately caused a problem for many companies including Woodgroup and this ultimately affected job security, compensation and benefits.
Pros
Very professional and good work ethics.
Cons
Affected by drop in oil prices.
Wood Group PSN is an overall great company to work for.
Upstream Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 3, 2016
Wood Group PSN is a great company to work for overall. Oil prices are currently low, which can become stressful. Wood Group is a contracting company for the oil and gas industry and in my opinion, places too much power into the hands of their lead operators.
love to work and learning more about the Oilfield
Production B-Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 17, 2015
Enjoy the work,plus learning the platform and oilfield.had a good group of guys, hardest thing missing holiday.management was fair.Great food and good pay.
Pros
not spending money while offshore
Cons
not have another place to go to (layoff)
Complex management makes moving up hard
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2015
It was a good place to work but due to having a bit of an identity crisis, we never really knew who we answered to. WGPSN acquires companies and thus the management is always changing.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Not united in company
The company is good, it just wasn't a fit for me
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXOctober 27, 2015
The company paid well for the position and my experience. There are some coworkers that weren't a joy to be around but that is the only downside to my experience.
Pros
good pay
Cons
some coworkers are rude
Family Oriented Company
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 20, 2015
It is a corporate machine that treats people like family. You feel like you matter and that you are more than a number which is no small feat for a company that has 40,000 employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Losing the family like feel as the Aberdeen executives begin working in the US.
It's a good place to work if you don't mind being away from your family for half the year.
Class A Level Lead Operator (PIC) (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 29, 2015
I'm older now and have two small children at home that I would like to be able to come home to everyday after work. With the price of oil dropping we are all in fear of lay offs out here.
wood group PSN experience
B operator (Current Employee) –  gulf of MexicoAugust 4, 2015
I really do like working for Wood Group PSN, I made a mistake by leaving my inland platform working of Energy XXI to go offshore to get more experience. The platform I am on now has just fired three operators in the past four months so with that said I am not liking W&T as a company and need to move.
productive but self preservation for job security mentality exist
FINANCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Rockport, TXJune 10, 2015
work is slowing down due to the price of oil. Lay offs and salary reductions trying to keep as many as possible without busting the forecasted budget.