Wood Group PSN Employee Reviews

Great investors in their staff.
Offshore Technical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clyde PlatformMarch 6, 2017
During my time with Wood Group I found them to be progressive and they invested in my career progression.
All interactions I had with the onshore office were of a positive nature and I would highly recommend them as employers.
Typical contract services
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 2, 2017
Training program is good, Issues with payroll. Issues were worked out in timely manner. Lack of urgency on placing personnel after lay offs. Uniforms adequate.
They were a good company
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Woodgroup is a very large company but its a good company. Good people to work with and work for. Learned a lot. Had a lot of fun.
Good company
C Operator (Former Employee) –  gulf of mexicoJanuary 17, 2017
it gets the bills paid thats about it. they dont like safety at all. but they pay decent. time off is the best. They will help you when needed but you have to beg for it. Insurance is horrible.
Pros
pay and life balance
Cons
pay
All professionals with great core values
Control Systems Specialist/I&E Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 16, 2017
This is a professional Company and work environment. This company only works with Professionals who share the same core values as I. This company provides quality service and always has its customer’s best interest in mind as well as their complete satisfaction.
Pros
All professionls
good pay good people
Relief valve technician (Former Employee) –  Freer, TXDecember 26, 2016
the company used to be great until they started bringing in big wigs into the picture and they pretty much broke up a family, people that have been there for about 20 years in cut them from the knees, it became a cut throat company
it was afun place to work
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXDecember 5, 2016
very productive place to work decent pay but they closed to facility were I was working after twelve yrs on service on call 24 hrs a day
fast paced
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 25, 2016
enjoyable fast paced environment requiring the ability to multi-task / provided many growth opportunities and management training / the local management team was one of the best I've ever worked with
Field Operator
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TX 78382August 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for Wood Group. My boss was a really nice guy. My co-workers were great to work with and helped each other.
Would definitely go back to work for this Company.
good pay, good personel in office
Mechanic Offshore (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoAugust 5, 2016
work offshore 14/14 schedule, hardest part of my job is being away from my family, good things are working with people from all parts of the world, learning new cultures and work ethics.
Pros
time off
Cons
time away from family

Want to know more about Wood Group PSN?

Ask a question
Cardno PPI was not the best company for a lifetime career
Subsea Engineer (Former Employee) –  OffshoreJuly 12, 2016
Cardno PPI was not the best company for a lifetime career due to lack of training and acknowledging employees for a job well done.
Work in fast paced and multi-tasking enviroments
Human Resources Asst (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 29, 2016
I started assisting the HR Generalist in the Greeley, CO office in August of 2014 the home office was based out of Houston, TX. We over saw 350 employees in our division. I help re-organize the office to bring it up to date and in compliance with company polices. My HR Generalist was laid off in March of 2015. I learned all of the HR duties therefore I was put in charge of all of the Greeley office at that time. I also assisted our payroll lead in helping with payroll and timesheets.
productive and fun place to work great ppl
a-operator (Current Employee) –  buras black bayMay 22, 2016
12 hours of work learning the end and out of state water compliance and production practices guys I worked with were down to earth and very helpful hardest part weather best part crew change
Pros
paid to work
Cons
cooks
Enjoyed work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 14, 2016
Routine operations monitoring charts recorders, Gas Rates, Oil production, pressure gauges, temperatures and levels, recording daily, weekly and Monthly records and reports, input in SEMP, BSEE testing, crane and rigging operations, chemical handling proper PPE's observing and monitoring equipment vessels, scrubbers, working in safe environment and in compliance under BSEE and Clients Regulatory Guide Plan
Oil Field Related
Automation Control Systems Specialist / DCS, HMI (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77094April 21, 2016
Oil field is slow at present due to global economic crises. Overall Woodgroup was goo to work with when work was available.
Pros
Good working conditions and good pay.
Cons
Oil field is unstable work at this time.
A good place to work when provided with more that just 40 hours a week.
Warehouse/Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Freer, TXApril 18, 2016
Work was enjoyable. I obtained better communication skills and more material handling/warehouse operations experience.
Pros
Company provided man camp for lodging with meals all day.
Cons
Health benefits changed too much year by year.
Maintained and install new or upgrade existing systems and equipment on oil and gas production platform
Electrician/A Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 3, 2016
— Installed, maintained, repaired and tested equipment for an offshore operating company.
— Performed preventive maintenance & corrective maintenance.
— Performed general electromechanical repairs on client systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to code requirements.
— Assist Operations with day to day activities to maintain production.
—
ok place to work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 23, 2016
Hard work and the industry is very unstable at this time. good time off if your working a rotational schedule. not real good pay
Good employment service
Technician/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 7, 2016
Wood Group strives to create jobs and hold their current employees to a high standard in the oil and gas industry. Although worldwide, we're a family
Woodgroup is a great company and I would still be there if they were not affected by lay-offs due to drop in oil prices.
C Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 14, 2016
Woodgroup is a great company to work for. The Oil prices unfortunately caused a problem for many companies including Woodgroup and this ultimately affected job security, compensation and benefits.
Pros
Very professional and good work ethics.
Cons
Affected by drop in oil prices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood Group PSN. Our community is ready to answer.