Wood Group PSN Employee Reviews

Kept me working, when jobs were scarce.
A Operator (Former Employee) –  Venice, LAAugust 30, 2017
Kept me working when jobs were scarce. It had it's ups and downs. With the oil prices dropping, there was a 10% cut in pay, which always hurts financially.
Good company
Offshore Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 13, 2017
The most important thing I have leaned with this company is my time management and multitasking. A typical morning routine is making rounds to check the gas,oil, and water gauges to see how much has been produced in a 24 hour period.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Everyone on the contract took a cut in pay, no bonuses
Great Company
Lead Production Operator - Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Offshore GOM and Onshore LeasesJuly 7, 2017
Very supportive of employees. Good health insurance. 100 to 120 hrs paid vacation. 7 & 7 and 14 & 14 work schedules. Would definitely recommend working here.
Exciting and learning
A -Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 3, 2017
They taught me patience and how to be controlling when it came to controlling my load and how to be accurate when I had to be right in the money when people were on the BOP's and I had to operate in places where I couldn't see I had to have a great flagger and radio man. The most important thing about operating a piece of equipment like that is that you are in charge and if u think something is not safe call it off cause it can take someone's life in a alit second and I would have to live with that and that's something I would never want to go through so always safety first and follow the jsa at all times and job task at all times.
Pros
Long hours nice environment
Cons
Clean environment testing equimpment
Depends on who your project manager is
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 15, 2017
I worked for Wood group for 5 years. My last project manager didn't do his job very well and made excuses for everything. Very hard to get raises with this company.
I enjyed my job, I learned a lot in my seven years there, and was able to use my skills and learn new skills.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 27, 2017
All jobs are what you make of them. I liked my job, and made the best of it. I had the opportunity to manage projects in Pennsylvania, Lafayette, LA, and in the Gulf of Mexico. It was a job I enjoyed very much.
Very challenging and full of stress.
Vice President Gulf of Mexico Operations (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 14, 2017
This job required a high level of ability to deal with multiple projects and situations at the same time. Very busy and not any time for calm. High stress levels with high expectations.
Pros
Good paying
Cons
Huge stress levles.
Safe envoirement great attmosphere
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 3, 2017
PSN was one of the best company's I've ever worked for.They took safety seriously and gave all employees a chance to move up and learn all kinds of equipment.Also providing great benefit s and vacation time.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Working outdoors
Trusted to manage my own operation and assisted by management when needed
Lead Supervisor/ Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 24, 2017
Time well spent at Wood Group PSN. Great crews with hard working guys, very knowledgeable people, great safety program. Unfortunately a buy out happened and some people got fired due to legality issues.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Buy out
easy going workplace
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 23, 2017
Easy going workplace. Would allow you to work at your own pace as long as you were able to complete the job that was put in front of you. Well compensated for your work.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
not much advancement
Paid weekly
QA/QC Manager/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MTApril 7, 2017
Knowledgeable Management, Friendly crews, coordinated projects, on time job completions. Excellent work experiences, good safety programs, Good benefits and 401k programs
Good.
Land B Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 29, 2017
Overall Woodgroup is a great company to work for. Has ups and downs but so does every other company. Plenty of room to move up as well. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Great investors in their staff.
Offshore Technical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clyde PlatformMarch 6, 2017
During my time with Wood Group I found them to be progressive and they invested in my career progression.
All interactions I had with the onshore office were of a positive nature and I would highly recommend them as employers.
Typical contract services
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 2, 2017
Training program is good, Issues with payroll. Issues were worked out in timely manner. Lack of urgency on placing personnel after lay offs. Uniforms adequate.
They were a good company
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Woodgroup is a very large company but its a good company. Good people to work with and work for. Learned a lot. Had a lot of fun.
Good company
C Operator (Former Employee) –  gulf of mexicoJanuary 17, 2017
it gets the bills paid thats about it. they dont like safety at all. but they pay decent. time off is the best. They will help you when needed but you have to beg for it. Insurance is horrible.
Pros
pay and life balance
Cons
pay
All professionals with great core values
Control Systems Specialist/I&E Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 16, 2017
This is a professional Company and work environment. This company only works with Professionals who share the same core values as I. This company provides quality service and always has its customer’s best interest in mind as well as their complete satisfaction.
Pros
All professionls
good pay good people
Relief valve technician (Former Employee) –  Freer, TXDecember 26, 2016
the company used to be great until they started bringing in big wigs into the picture and they pretty much broke up a family, people that have been there for about 20 years in cut them from the knees, it became a cut throat company
it was afun place to work
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXDecember 5, 2016
very productive place to work decent pay but they closed to facility were I was working after twelve yrs on service on call 24 hrs a day
fast paced
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 25, 2016
enjoyable fast paced environment requiring the ability to multi-task / provided many growth opportunities and management training / the local management team was one of the best I've ever worked with