Wood Group PSN Employee Reviews

Woodgroup is a great company and I would still be there if they were not affected by lay-offs due to drop in oil prices.
C Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 14, 2016
Woodgroup is a great company to work for. The Oil prices unfortunately caused a problem for many companies including Woodgroup and this ultimately affected job security, compensation and benefits.
Pros
Very professional and good work ethics.
Cons
Affected by drop in oil prices.
Wood Group PSN is an overall great company to work for.
Upstream Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 3, 2016
Wood Group PSN is a great company to work for overall. Oil prices are currently low, which can become stressful. Wood Group is a contracting company for the oil and gas industry and in my opinion, places too much power into the hands of their lead operators.
love to work and learning more about the Oilfield
Production B-Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 17, 2015
Enjoy the work,plus learning the platform and oilfield.had a good group of guys, hardest thing missing holiday.management was fair.Great food and good pay.
Pros
not spending money while offshore
Cons
not have another place to go to (layoff)
Complex management makes moving up hard
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2015
It was a good place to work but due to having a bit of an identity crisis, we never really knew who we answered to. WGPSN acquires companies and thus the management is always changing.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Not united in company
The company is good, it just wasn't a fit for me
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXOctober 27, 2015
The company paid well for the position and my experience. There are some coworkers that weren't a joy to be around but that is the only downside to my experience.
Pros
good pay
Cons
some coworkers are rude
It's a good place to work if you don't mind being away from your family for half the year.
Class A Level Lead Operator (PIC) (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 29, 2015
I'm older now and have two small children at home that I would like to be able to come home to everyday after work. With the price of oil dropping we are all in fear of lay offs out here.
wood group PSN experience
B operator (Current Employee) –  gulf of MexicoAugust 4, 2015
I really do like working for Wood Group PSN, I made a mistake by leaving my inland platform working of Energy XXI to go offshore to get more experience. The platform I am on now has just fired three operators in the past four months so with that said I am not liking W&T as a company and need to move.
productive but self preservation for job security mentality exist
FINANCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Rockport, TXJune 10, 2015
work is slowing down due to the price of oil. Lay offs and salary reductions trying to keep as many as possible without busting the forecasted budget.
Overworked/Underpayed
Operator (Former Employee) –  Greeley COMay 20, 2015
Wouldnt pay drive time when they should have. Management will tell you what you want to hear but not follow through with any of it. Just an overall poor place to work.
Organized and productive work place.
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2015
Wood Group is great company to be apart of, there is order in all work and job aspects. Great chain of command, and they treat their employees very well.
Pros
competitive pay, excellent management, excellent contracts.
Cons
Contracts come to a end, breaks between work scope after completion of contracts.
Very professional company to work with
Rigging Supervisor on Bhp Douglas (Former Employee) –  Douglas, ENGMarch 4, 2015
Onshore and offshore i worked with wood group on a supervisory role a good team was always put into place making even long days easier. All training that was to help in your work was given. The management always had an open door policy which helped bond and understand the difficult work scopes. The hardest part of any job for a supervisor is getting the work force motivated, which i find easy "bring a smile and a calm approach to work and it's infecting to others" being honest and open helps so much. The best part of any job for me is completing it safely and on time.
typical large company, you become a number
Project Superintendent for conoco projects (Former Employee) –  Dickenson, NDMarch 1, 2015
Project management, scheduling, budgeting, manpower issues, meetings. Mostly worked on Conoco Phillips site's for service company building tank battery's and treaters.
Wood group PSN
Manager HSEQ - US Onshore Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Great Company to work for. I feel i am ready to help a Sr management Team develop and deliver a world class HSE Program.
Great company
Senior Strategic Resourcing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJanuary 20, 2015
Nice people, family oriented, hard working, smart and knowledgeable people and management team. Open to ideas and process improvement.
Pros
flex hours, good pay and benefits
Low profile position
Lead Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 12, 2015
The required all of us to be self starters. We were to check our assigned tank settings and make repairs if possible. If repairs couldn't be done on our own, we had to coordinate with other co workers so that the work could be done.
Pros
allowed to take control of my area
Cons
very cut throat department to work in.
Poor
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 14, 2014
They have issue. Waste money.
Management needs work.
Worked 12 hours a day.
Working in the GOM for 2 weeks
Offshore Platform Mechanic GOM (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 30, 2014
get up every morning at 5 check out all equipment, do a little paperwork, eat lunch check on equipment, overall easy job unless everything breaks at once then you have to fly from platform to platform to work on different equipment. lots of ordering parts daily maintenance adding oil coolant etc...
Pros
food is good offshore, and lots of it, almost all rigs have workout equipment..
Cons
it is hard being away from your family for 2 weeks up to 6 weeks at a time...
Enjoyed Meeting new and interesting people in the oil response field
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 6, 2014
Typical day at work consisted of working with the SCAT files, handling any issues that would come up, i.e. Copier repairs, security badges issues, ordering special supplies for the SCAT Team.
Pros
worked with new people, and coast guard and learned things that i never knew before in this type of work.
Cons
no permanent employment.
fair pay,bad mgmt
PSV valve mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 27, 2014
Good benefits,big company...Greeley division has poor upper management....not concerned about what is best for employees..poor preparation , little planning and experience for job tasks....Have very poor standards for people they hire. I observed numerous safety violations.....workers are unqualified for the positions they are hired for... would not recommend.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor managment, bad planning, unsafe working conditions
very pleased
Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockport, TXMay 8, 2014
very good company good benefits. worked on lp and hp separators in the eagleford shale.