Wood Group Employee Reviews

good place to work
Coatings tech fork lift oper (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 22, 2017
fast paced multi task job challenging overtime was available good people to work with location was close to home enjoyed the challenge of the job good with deadlines
Pros
in charge of my dept
It is a growing company guided by solid core values.
HSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJuly 7, 2017
Wood Group is a company committed to the safety and health of its people. The top leadership is committed to this core value. It encourages and expects ethical behavior in all of its members and strives to serve its customers as well as possible. There is a lot of communication from the executive team about what is happening in the other parts of the company worldwide. It is an exciting place to work.
Pros
Good benefits, and paid time off.
Cons
There are more opportunites for growth if you are in a technical field like engineering.
Good place to work with plenty of opportunities
Project Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXJune 28, 2017
Woodgroup was a good place to work plenty of work and plenty of hours. Had the opportunity to work on all types of projects and learn new skills. I would recommend Woodgroup to anyone.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Work ended
Wood Group - Mustang
Construction Manager/TAR Execution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
I have been employed by Wood Group on a client site for 3 years with an assignment end date of July 31st. There is no real effort by my manager to find other Wood Group job opportunities for me to move into after completion of my assignment.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
No effort by managers at WGMI to keep employees working
Offshore
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 19, 2017
I was able to advance based on qualifications, not just time on job. I made the most of my time and worked closely with engineers to effeciently and safely complete work.
Secure Environment
Senior Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
The management of Wood Group Mustang make all efforts in ensuring that every employee has a safe and secure environment in which to work. From building security to work area security, it is all there. Wood Group Mustang offers a wide range of job opportunities for anyone willing to commit their time and energy towards project design, engineering, construction and management and it shows in the pride of the employees who work there.
Pros
Easy Commute
Cons
None to speak of
Good Place to Work!
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
The work atmosphere is relaxed. Management has working knowledge of work life balance, and they promote this balance with all employees. Good place to work!
Pros
Work atmosphere is relaxed.
Cons
Furloughs come too frequent.
Good Culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
While the position I held was temporary. This is a good company to work for. Everyone is very friendly and there is a good culture of cooperation and team building
Overall a good work environment but not enough sustainable accounts for projects.
Senior Technical Author (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
Wood Group is a good company that is in transition, trying to align the many subsidiaries under a One Wood Group flag. I feel that my group does not pursue projects with enough urgency. I have been there about 7 months and there have been 2 layoffs due to lack of work. This concerns me and is the primary reason that I am job hunting again.
Ethos
Gearbox Compressor Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
Short hours not benefits or bonuses for the amount of work that is required done. Layoffs are very often. People you work with are helpful. Management is unstable many changes throughout the year.
Pros
Inside work nice facility
Cons
No bonus or raises

Want to know more about Wood Group?

Ask a question
Got laid off
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 15, 2017
Got laid off, not much the company could do about it. They were good to work for. Good benefits and family time. Then they were bought out by another company
Productive and diverse workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
Productive and diverse workplace, Wood Group is a great company to work for. During my time at Wood Group, I have met and befriended many wonderful people. Their attitude and work ethic made the day to day hustle more pleasant.
Work
Registered Professional Land Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2017
I went to work and went home afterward, filled the time in between with surveying work from any number of different place within the US. I thought it was great.
Pros
I liked working there.
Cons
I liked working there.
Was PSN then Merged, that was the downturn
Desktop Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2017
Originally it was PSN. Great place to work. Provided full healthcare, great pay, Inter-office family of sorts. Once merged with Wood Group, things quickly fell apart and we were all laid off.
Mental Health Aide Review
Crisis Respite of Austin, Mental Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2017
Punctuality is important and so is carrying your own weight. It is important to be a team player when you work here, and also, it is important to be able to be autonomous as needed. Pay was the worst part and be willing to occasionally work shifts you don't want.
Culture of Corporation, Not People
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
Wood Group is a company whose culture is less and less about it's people and clients and more and more about increasing the overhead for a select few while removing team builders, functions and events from billable employees.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Disorganized. The company has an identity crisis.
Aberdeen poorly managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  AberdeenApril 26, 2017
Things started to go downhill when the PSN Merger happened, and from 2014 they got rid of some of their best staff, leaving incompetent management particularly in HR whereby jobs were given to those 'whose faces fit'. Too many cooks in the kitchen, huge departments with too many people doing goodness knows what. A terrible shame.
Benefits
Cons
Working culture, Hr, Management
Historically great company struggling to retain employee value proposition
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2017
The legacy company that preceded recent restructuring was a great place to work, offered lots of learning opportunities and mobility.

The larger the company has grown, the less agile it becomes, and the more policies remove any sense of autonomy. Perks and freedoms of the the past have dwindled quickly.

There are still a huge number of great people to work with, but we see more and more of them leaving, voluntarily and involuntarily.
Pros
People, relationships, fun environment
Cons
Little opportunity for growth or promotion
Local management (Houston, TX & St. John's, Canada) were fine
Weight Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX & St. John's, CanadaApril 12, 2017
Seconded to other company for full time of employment. Not much interaction with home office staff other than payroll and expenses. Found staff excellent to work with.
Good company
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 5, 2017
Wood Group is a typical engineering company that does typical engineering work. The management was adequate and the benefits were decent. I would work for them again.
Pros
Decent benefits