Wood Group Employee Reviews

good company and good people.
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2015
This company was real good to its employees and kept work and home well balanced. Managers were on top of all issues to ensure that the employees were happy.

The only downside was when I tried to move up in position the manager from the other team rejected my move before even interviewing me. Hired from outside instead of within like it was promoted.
Pros
good pay, good bonuses, benefits were amazing.
Cons
could not move up in position.
Great work life balance, not great job security
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2015
Great company to work for, everyone was very nice and willing to mentor a young guy like me. Fridays were "optional" for us and the dress code was very casual. They did not pay well though.
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
Low Salary
Good benefits except for paid time off.
PSSR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kenedy, TxSeptember 9, 2015
Good benefits except for paid time off. There is no sick leave or personnel time off. Management is very responsive to employee concerns. They support a strong safety culture.
Great groiup of people to work with...
Construction & Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoy working with my colleagues at Global Performance, they are a great group of people, all very talented in their areas of expertise. It was a great pleasure performing as an Owners Representative, making sure that the GCs were managing the projects well with their respective Contractors. I really enjoy interacting with the contractors as well as the GC representatives. All pulling together as a single team to insure a Safe, and successful project. Keeping up with the clients ever changing rules and regulations was always a challenge or dealing with the Tooling contractors who reminded me of juggling hand grenades where at any moment a new demand would explode in our laps, but our teams would always pull together to provide solutions. An awesome team for certain. It's always difficult when the projects come to an end, and with most of the work complete, not having a new project to transfer into is even tougher. This is where Global Performance lacks in being a world class company. The management treats their direct employees as contract employees, and doesn't do a very good job in insuring placement across the Wood Group companies. It really plays against them as it causes grievance among the employee's as they are forced to struggle and fight to keep a position within the company. Job advancement and job security are the biggest con against the company, but while employed they are fair and compensate well.
Pros
Comp Time, Some OT, Good Compensation
Cons
Very little room for advancement, Not a very secure job, Very little future placement oppertunities.
Good place to work hi risk job needs to have more training
wellhead and pressure Control technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, Tx and WyomingJuly 13, 2015
Good place to work, very dangerous, low compensation / risk factor, to many management changes. Needs to have more Well Head Training / Saftey schools.
Pros
Free Vehicle, free gasoline and insurance
Cons
To many management changes
its an adventure
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 8, 2016
ride in helicopter every day,clean and maintain equipment,excellent training program,good people willing t teach,
Felonies will HELP you get a job here
roustabout (Former Employee) –  sidney, mtOctober 3, 2013
Overall? Its not good....but it could be. Benefits are pretty good. Management terrible. Looots of politics and people playing 'favorites'. If they dont like you, youre screwed - doesnt matter how hard you work or honest you are

Other than that, its actually a good gig.
Pros
fast advancement, decent pay after 6 months, good benefits
Cons
everyone does drugs, no one has a drivers license, everyone steals hours they didnt work for. safety violations daily. dot violations hourly.
I like enjoyed working there.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
I ran loops, worked on land for wood group, I liked the people but I had to move on for more pay. They had good benifits, management was also good.
Wood group
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2015
The company was bought by Halliburton, three years after I started working for them, I worked with the same people, different management in the upper levels.
A very good company to work with.
One Call Specialist/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
Wood Group helped me get job with Conoco in Kenedy, Texas. They were there at all times if any problems arose and would handle it promptly and professionally. We worked long hours and enjoyed our time at work.
Very Employ Oriented Company with a Great Safety Culture
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXApril 29, 2015
Wood Group was one of the best companies that I have ever worked. I enjoyed my job at Conoco Phillips and the people that I worked with. COPC practices what they preach when it comes to providing a Great Safety Culture and a Great Work
Environment for their employees and contractors. They honestly care about each and every employ from the top management to each laborer involved in the day to day operations. We were Blessed with Wood Group Representatives that kept us informed as changes came through out my tenure there.
Pros
Great Safety Culture / Great Work Enviroment
Cons
Positive feedback for good work ethics and promoting safety among employs.
Wonderful place to work, great people
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 24, 2014
Everyone worked as a team to produce a quality product and a good working environment, GREAT group of people to work with was sorry to leave
Pros
good woring environment, wages benifits
Great Place to work
Operation Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJApril 10, 2012
Overall a great place to work. friendly staff union job great benefits local 68
benefits
Cons
management people skills need improving
Friendly atmosphere and room to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDOctober 30, 2015
Large company with many opportunities to grow! I was able to learn so much about the intricate dynamics that is involved with companies that offer oil field services.
Workplace had safety put in place unless they need you to good safety for a job to make customer happy
Chemical Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoSeptember 18, 2015
The contract I was put on was a fun place to work and all nice people, but wood group management was never available to help or answer phones. Safety was first unless they needed you to make customer happy.
A very productive and exciting company.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Floresville TX.October 1, 2015
Enjoyed working for company. I learned more day to dy management skills that will help me in the future with other companies.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Oil field
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Apex Power PlantAugust 26, 2015
Supervised twelve Combined Cycle Power Plant Operators. Prior to that I spend seven years as the Plant Engineer performing such duties as Outage Manager, Improving Plant Equipment, Participated in the final twelve months of the plant construction.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
New owners brought in their own management team.
Run as fast as you can from this company
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 6, 2014
Worst place to work at, no benefits, no stability. You get nothing from this company,
Cons
everything
Real Easy job there in Tilden
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Tilden Tx,June 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working for WG in Tilden Tx. the job it self was very easy and at the same time exciting to be moving large amounts of oil production. a typical work day was in the field gauging tanks, monitoring pumping units, fueling compressors and generators, gathering run times submitting daily logs and reports, hardest part of job was dealing with hi H2s levels, The only thing is that you are just a contractor and is very hard to get hired straight on with Murphy. so you never know when they just decide to let you go.
Pros
7/7 work schedual & provide fully paid Man Camp
Cons
WGPSN is just a contractor, constantly compeating with shamrock doing work for Murphy, if you are not related, or from there town its hard to get straight on. you never know when you will be let go.
Good Career Opportunity if there was enough work
Laborer, INE Tech, Hydro Tester (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXMarch 4, 2015
Work days started early and majority of the time ended late. Learned a lot from the crews I worked with and had a good mentor/pusher. Hardest part of the job was never knowing if there was work for the next day. Was taught the necessities to do my job on a daily basis in a safe and productive manner. One of the only downfalls of the company was the management team was extremely unprofessional and unorganized.
Pros
good pay, great crews and pushers
Cons
management, cutting hours and per diem