Wood Mackenzie Employee Reviews

All the questions
Mail Room Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
I just hate going here every day the long trips and the rude people that make you want to pull out your hair and jump out the window. I will never think about this place another day of my life until I die.
Grew too fast & then laid off tons of people
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
Company management has no clue what's going on, they grew so fast for a few years & were hiring non-stop. After doing so, realized there mistake & started to lay people off left and right.
Pros
Gas & oil companies pay well
Cons
Some management departments have no clue how to properly do their job
Upstream Supply Chain Research Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Good people to work with. People are easy to get along with. Flexible working schedule plus I was able to work from home on bad weather days. They also have weekly training sessions for employees.
Conservative culture, academic environment
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
The leadership at Wood Mackenzie frequently say that the company has a very "conservative" culture. What that means is that they do not want to take the risks necessary to grow very fast. There is a lot of internal resistance to changing anything. When I started there it was mostly industry veterans with extensive experience and client contact was encouraged. Over time the company shifted to hiring mostly new college grads and tended not to replace experienced staff who left. I've also heard leadership say they want to create an academic environment in the office. That might sound good to some, but clients look for real world knowledge, not theory.
Fantastic company to work for - people are their product
Head of Global Events (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Woodmac, especially at a time of such evolvement and investment into the company. I would recommend it to those that would have interest and qualify.
Stepping stone for your career
Client Services (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 23, 2015
There are great people at Wood Mackenzie, and there is so much knowledge that can be learned from them. Wood Mackenzie is a good place to start your career, but I have seen few opportunities for progression, and I have seen fellow colleagues passed up for promotions. As the company works towards being "more professional" less concern is given to the workers.
Pros
5 week vacation/holiday, company 401k match, nice diversity, nice colleagues
Cons
Very few growth opportunities, slow technology
Fun, energized and creative environment
Consulting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Excellent benefits and compensation package. Great work-life balance.
Cons
Politics, management
Diverse company
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2014
Good work life balance with good benefits. Good colleagues and learn a lot with the diverse culture.

Want to know more about Wood Mackenzie?

Ask a question