Wood Employee Reviews

Not an organized place to work
Assistant Administrator QMHP-CS (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Since the wood group is governed by MHMR, there are many changes made on a daily basis that make it hard to perform your job to the best of your abilities.
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
Unable to do the job as in a good manner
A client's office
Senior Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Client's office is very stressful in that we know lay offs are coming. Communication has been very patchy so rumors start - not very healthy
This however is not Wood's fault
Very productive
Sr. Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2018
It was a very good experience working at Wood. This is a very good company to work and I will recommend wood group to my friends. Also I would like to get back to work at wood
Compassionate Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2018
The company cares about the staff and supports the teams any way they can. Communication is key and the Wood group has it! Great company to work for! Thanks
Productive, learning day to day operations.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 1, 2018
Wood was a great company to work with friendly and a great learning experience.HR Manager was amazing she was alsways willing to develop her employees into the next career level.
Not A Good Management Team Here
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 28, 2018
None of the Managers Are Friendly & They don't have any good sales persons. Woodgroup lost way to many contracts due to a lack of sales and our managers being cowards there.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no automatic 40 hrs for call out mechanics
Highly professional working teams
Flow Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Wood is a great company with really experienced people. The company was really too big for the downturn in the oil and gas industry and they laid off many people.

During that time, my contract work ended, and no new work has come available.

Good company.
Pros
High profile, great experience
Cons
No work to sustain my employment contract.
college work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 19, 2018
it was great place to work. i learned lots of catering and different positions in a restaurant style of work. There was no holidays that you had to work but must one day of the weekend.
Monitor oil intake
Production C Operator (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 12, 2018
Read the computer on oil intake and distribution of that oil. Monitor quality and valves. Communication between readings and employees working the valves
Pros
Busy work
Cons
lots of sitting
Very Giving Company
Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJanuary 11, 2018
All the managers were laid back and caring as long as you showed them you were a hard worker and did your job they were able to help out with any needs you may have.
The Wood Group
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Overall great experience. I learned so much working for The Wood group as far as starting off with the company as a Mental Tech Aide to moving up in the company and getting my own facility. The hardest part about the job was just dealing with different personalities and understanding how different individuals oppeperate. The best part about the job was mastering how to deal with different individuals no matter the situation.
Left Alone
Proj Schdlr Hook up&Comm Maint QA QC Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
At Wood I was pretty much left to fend for myself and represent Wood to the client. Not much support provided by the management team. In my opinion Wood is not a service provider that can charge a premium but, more of a body shop. The employees add the skill and the value to the company and the culture is exactly opposite in the corporate office. The posturing is a total waste of time.
Pros
Well paying
Cons
No real service provide for the employee.
Loved it here!
Pipeline Mapping Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2018
I worked for Wood Group Mustang for just over 5 years and I loved it nearly every day. Fun, steady paced environment. Great people. Unfortunately had to leave due to industry down turn. Would go back in a heartbeat if/when things pick back up.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Houston based headquarters unrealistic view of Denver office.
overall good company to work for so far (newly bought transition)
Lead Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 4, 2018
lots of good positive things are being told to us for near future, but near future has passed on several issues and still no changes have happened to benefit us.
Pros
friendly environment to work in
Cons
low pay scale, misguiding information from upper management at the moment
Great company to work for
Lead/ A Field Operator/ Subsea Operator (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoDecember 30, 2017
Woodgroup was a great company to work for.They really took care of their employees. They also had a great training program that made the best out of their employees. Also had great insurance and benifits. The only con thing I can say is that the insurance was a little expensive.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
high insurance premiums
Review of The Wood Group
Human Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 19, 2017
The Wood Group is a wonderful place to be, The work culture was friendly and team oriented. The management style was fair and the supervisor took into account all perspectives. It can go from quite to very fast paced quickly, so anyone who intends to work there needs to be prepared for this,
Company was a nice place.
RETIREMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
The typical day at work is very busy. One learns something new each day. Changes are constant so I learned how to adapt and manage my time fairly well
Some days were fun and some days were terrible
design draftsman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2017
A typical work day was 12 hour days, fast paced, little or no room to advance.Learned a lot more about civil 3d and the overall job culture about pipelines. Some of the management was good and some not so good.The workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was dealing with designers that was over you, but less experienced. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new ways to do the work that was presented to us.
woods
Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Kings Bay, GADecember 6, 2017
Great people to work for. The teach you how to do your job and have others around you to help you learn to have to be the best at you job. and I highly recommend them.
Awesome
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 5, 2017
Attend a daily managers and supervisory meeting outlining safety expectations and review of requirements. Initiate informal safety audits or conduct new hire orientations. Great atmophere & team effort.
Pros
many hours and manager communication and support
Cons
short term projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood. Our community is ready to answer.