Woodfield Country Club Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Culture
Lifeguard & Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I found it very easy to fit in with my fellow employees and management team, from base entry-position employees all the way up to the Human Resources department. The members of the club are all there to relax and have a good time, and it makes working with them a breeze.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Not enough hours.
Professional environment that rewards hard work
Former CAM (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I had the pleasure of working at WCC for 6 years. The opportunity for growth and success is limitless if you're willing to work hard, maintain a professional demeanor and consistently work to provide a level of customer service that exceeds member expectations.
Certainly challenges exist, however if your motivated and driven to succeed this could be a great fit.
The GM is a wonderful leader and genuinely works to create an atmosphere of support among staff and management alike.
Pros
Room for growth, opportunity to polish already excellent service skills
Cons
Work-life balance can be challenging during the holidays.
Great staff
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2017
The staff was great to work with. The scheduling done by Mrs. jorgette is outstanding, she takes in consideration your school schedule and other activities.
Great opportunity to learn and grow professionally
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Spa & SalonNovember 21, 2016
After working for 12 months with my managers and director, I was promoted to a supervisor role. The experience gave me a chance to grow into my new career.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and grow
Would not recommend.
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 22, 2016
typical day at work is very easy for Food Runners.
learned a lot about food, ingredients, fine dining service, and clubs.
management is very poor. they babysit their employees and treat them like kids. intense micromanagement makes your job very stressful and hard when it should be easy. management is only concerned with being above you and getting their point across. they do not listen. HR is also horrible and does not seem to know what they are there for or doing when it comes to employees. co workers are very friendly but untrustworthy at the same time. the hardest part of the job is pleasing management. no matter how hard you work they never acknowledge it. with all the negativity of the job, it is hard to think of something enjoyable about the job. Pay is very low unless working 60-70 hours during season and every bad attitude in Woodfield is a product of management. No one enjoys coming to work.
Pros
Free food and access to knowledge of food.
Cons
Management team and members.
fun environment
kids counselor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 30, 2016
I would def recommend for any undergrads with free time who needs extra cash. work consists of watching children, feeding, indoor and outdoor activities, and helping with homework.
fun and learned a lot about fine dining
Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 13, 2016
I was able to build on my fine dining knowledge, along with having managers that helped me grow and learn more. The hours are very long, but the management team makes the days fun and productive
Overall a great work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Working for Woodfield was fun while I was there. It provided me with great work experience and taught me how to deal with diverse customers.
Pros
Outstanding coworkers and supervisors
Cons
Rude members
good
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 13, 2015
the company was very easy to become a part of and work there it was a great job to have, gave you free lunch and a lot of time off
Very Busy
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Boca raton, FLJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work is, coming in and looking for your name on the post it paper and seeing what your assigned to do and with who. You have a about 2 hours so you do what you need to do, and then you go and assist somebody else apart of the team since it is a team environment. The hardest part of the job is, breaking everything down. After you worked a party and have been on your feet for hours breaking down all the tables and cleaning up can be tough and draining.
Pros
Free hot Lunch/Dinner
Cons
Hours are long
There is a reason why they are always hiring
Cascade (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonNovember 22, 2014
The members are rude and mean, no sympathy for you. feel as if they own you. as if you are a slave, no matter what race you are. workers are nice but always drama. not as professional. they use you when they need you but if you need something it is an absolute no
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management, unprofessional, only looks out for the company
Productive and busy golf club
Assistant Golf Professional (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Wonderful opportunity to learn and be part of a team that is more like family.
Pros
Some clothing, equipment with manufacturers, free lunch
Cons
Limited room for advancement
friendship and good conversations
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 29, 2014
the only thing i liked was the coworkers and the members because no matter angry i get or stressed out I would always have a good time with my coworkers.
Pros
the cowrokers and the food
Cons
stress, being overwhelmed and management
Fun workplace with great co-workers
Childcare Worker (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 8, 2014
Great place to work for. They really try to take care of employees and provide good training.
An overall great place to work
Server/Counter assistant/concierge (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 15, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of long hours and non stop fast pace work. Woodfield has taught how to truly work hard and has also taught me many useful skills I will carry with me for the rest of my life. It has taught me how to adjust to a constantly changing environment and management. It has also taught me how to be a team player and how to manage a large group of people. The hardest part of my job was learning as a teenager how to grow into a work environment and the most enjoyable part was seeing myself grow in a field that some people cannot handle.
Great managment team
Spa and Salon receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Working at woodfield I was able to learn a lot from my spa director and supervisor. They helped to build me and my customer services skills each day.
Great place to work!
Tennis Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 9, 2013
Awesome staff, great pay and overall laidback community!

Love working as a tennis pro the place is gorgeous and the kids I teach are great.

The management is very professional
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Liked it,it was like being a cop
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 13, 2013
Guard the community and guest /keep property safe co-workers were nice and manager was always there to help
Pros
learning new things
Cons
anger workers/guest