Woodfield Country Club Employee Reviews

No advancement
Design Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 8, 2017
management is extremely poor and my immediate boss phoned in his job for 7 years so it was extremely hard to work under him when he didn't do his job.
productive
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2017
i have learned a lot from working at Woodfield due to differences in management compared to other places i have worked at. a typical day at work would include doing the same responsibilties that include, watching the pool, cleaning around the area, and greeting guests.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
poor communication skills with higher management
We're a Platinum Club for a reason
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 5, 2017
I have been here for 2 years and have learned that in this industry of hospitality, sacrifices are needed. This will be some of your weekends and holidays. Once you get passed this, you understand you are here to serve others. That's what hospitality is. Each department is well trained and the staff are considered family because we all interact with each other on a constant basis. Season goes by quick and the summer can be slow, but there is always something to do here. Woodfield has been great to me and value your personal family time. My manager works with our school schedules and personal life to accommodate our hours and growth here. The HR department is the most friendliest and intelligent department you will ever come across. You are not a number to them, you are a professional and will be treated like a professional. I recommend joining our team looking to easily grow and achieve wellness and make some new friends.
Pros
Season goes by quickly, free lunch, great co-workers
Cons
We are open every holiday
Always enjoy coming to work
Fitness employee (Current Employee) –  Boca RatonSeptember 16, 2017
My workplace is my 2nd home. Most employees have worked here many years for a good reason. All my co-workers and managers are friendly and helpful. HR is nice and helps me alot when I need support and my manager is always there to speak with me. I will miss Woodfield when I move away.
Pros
Pay is good - benefits are very good too - free meals
Very tough place to work
Banquet Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Woodfield like many other private country clubs in South Florida can be a very stressful place to work. Be warned, in the banquet department you will not have access to an event pay breakdown.
Great community and amenities
Children's Activities Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 29, 2017
Beautiful country club with great amenities. Lots of young families using the club for a variety of activities. Work was competitive, as you had to preform your best to provide the best customer service.
Woodfield experience
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 22, 2017
Great work environment. Flexible work schedule, friendly co-workers. Quality pool area. Management is fair and culture is geared towards growth. I love working at Woodfield!
Pros
Flexible schedule when in school, free lunch
Cons
Slow in summer
So far I love my job at Woodfield
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2017
I like the commitment Woodfield makes to me and the positive work environment, I'm encouraged to value my personal commitments. I've learned so much and gained so much knowledge about my work experience. All in all everyone helps each other to get the job done. One reason I have been here for so long. Team work.
Pros
Management they are great, human resource they are so helpful, I am very happy belonging to this country club
Cons
Great place to work, especially while in school. Learned alot.
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 1, 2017
Really enjoyed working at Woodfield because everyone in my department worked together as a team, even in busy season. Lots of training required for everyone, but they really understand high quality there and seem to want best for members and staff.
Pros
Helped me develop my management skills; flexible work schedule while I'm still in school
Cons
Long work hours, dealing with some members can be challenging
Great place to grow professionally
Server (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2017
I've worked at several hotels and country clubs, and this is one of the best so far. Great at offering flexible work schedules while I'm in school, and lots of advancement in every department for those pursuing hospitality. The HR department offers great programs for employees and always seem to put us first. The hours can really be long especially during the holidays and season.
Pros
Great work environment, flexible schedule, lots of employee programs
Cons
Tough work life balance during holidays

Want to know more about Woodfield Country Club?

Ask a question
Worst place stay away
Server (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2017
This is absolutely the worst place I have work, managers have no respect always been micromanage.There HR department is the worst in order for woodfield to be fair the Hr employees needs to be professional and not bias.
Cons
I had a lot of fun working here and its a great enviorment.
To Go Concierge (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Woodfield is a very professional workplace and the pay rate is absolutely great. The hours are very flexible and you are able to let them know exactly when you can or can not work. The team overall is great and you will learn so much about the food industry.
Excellent Work Culture
Lifeguard & Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I found it very easy to fit in with my fellow employees and management team, from base entry-position employees all the way up to the Human Resources department. The members of the club are all there to relax and have a good time, and it makes working with them a breeze.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Not enough hours.
Professional environment that rewards hard work
Former CAM (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I had the pleasure of working at WCC for 6 years. The opportunity for growth and success is limitless if you're willing to work hard, maintain a professional demeanor and consistently work to provide a level of customer service that exceeds member expectations.
Certainly challenges exist, however if your motivated and driven to succeed this could be a great fit.
The GM is a wonderful leader and genuinely works to create an atmosphere of support among staff and management alike.
Pros
Room for growth, opportunity to polish already excellent service skills
Cons
Work-life balance can be challenging during the holidays.
Great staff
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2017
The staff was great to work with. The scheduling done by Mrs. jorgette is outstanding, she takes in consideration your school schedule and other activities.
Great opportunity to learn and grow professionally
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Spa & SalonNovember 21, 2016
After working for 12 months with my managers and director, I was promoted to a supervisor role. The experience gave me a chance to grow into my new career.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and grow
Would not recommend.
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 22, 2016
typical day at work is very easy for Food Runners.
learned a lot about food, ingredients, fine dining service, and clubs.
management is very poor. they babysit their employees and treat them like kids. intense micromanagement makes your job very stressful and hard when it should be easy. management is only concerned with being above you and getting their point across. they do not listen. HR is also horrible and does not seem to know what they are there for or doing when it comes to employees. co workers are very friendly but untrustworthy at the same time. the hardest part of the job is pleasing management. no matter how hard you work they never acknowledge it. with all the negativity of the job, it is hard to think of something enjoyable about the job. Pay is very low unless working 60-70 hours during season and every bad attitude in Woodfield is a product of management. No one enjoys coming to work.
Pros
Free food and access to knowledge of food.
Cons
Management team and members.
fun environment
kids counselor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 30, 2016
I would def recommend for any undergrads with free time who needs extra cash. work consists of watching children, feeding, indoor and outdoor activities, and helping with homework.
fun and learned a lot about fine dining
Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 13, 2016
I was able to build on my fine dining knowledge, along with having managers that helped me grow and learn more. The hours are very long, but the management team makes the days fun and productive
Overall a great work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Working for Woodfield was fun while I was there. It provided me with great work experience and taught me how to deal with diverse customers.
Pros
Outstanding coworkers and supervisors
Cons
Rude members