Woodforest National Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and great learning experience. Very friendly and customer satisfaction based.
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 19, 2016
A typical day at work was long and busy, either on the computer or convincing someone to get an account or product. Very focused on our sales and customer satisfaction. I learned a lot at this business, such as, how to do wire transfers, certificate of deposit, consumer and business accounts, and teller transactions. I became very outgoing and persistent through this process. You have to know how to want it in order to get it. The management could have been a little better but through some more training and my co-workers were amazing. The hardest part was not the work, but the communication throughout the branch. The most enjoyable was when all our goals were reached. I became very outgoing and persistent through this process. You have to know how to want it in order to get it.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, and recognition.
Cons
Non-communication, promotion, and raise eligibility.
Good Experiance
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 18, 2016
Woodforest taught me how to be a career professional. I enjoyed every opportunity I was given. I was very happy with the location I was at but had to resign due to relocation.
face-paced job that requires a lot of your time but can sometimes be fun.
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at work would start with getting on the teller line as soon as you walk in. Then you would go on a working lunch for 20 minutes in the order in which you came in. Afterwards you would go back and continue on the teller line unless you get an account. While working at Woodforest I have learned how to work under pressure especially when we have a line down the Walmart cashier register lines. I have improved my customer service skills because of how many people you interact with in a day and how to maintain an organized, fully stocked branch since that was part of the job that I had to do. We go through employees really fast. A lot of new employees cant take the hours especially when we're missing accounts and we have to stay until 12am. Which that is the reason why we're always short handed and we have to work doubles sometimes. Which for me that has been one of the hardest parts of my job but also finding new business customer to open business accounts.
Pros
healthcare, incentives, bonuses
Cons
working lunch breaks, work hours
Bank
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 10, 2016
Needs better management. Good company to learn the basics of banking. Pay was not the best but not the worst. Would work there again but would need a better manager.
There are better places to work
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 7, 2016
When I first started working for woodforest I loved it! I loved the other workers and my managers! I thought I had hit the jackpot. Well I was wrong. Managers are way to lenient with certain staff. They have very unrealistic goals for the branches. I will say if you are actually able to hit certain goals and actually get a bonus. They would pay well, but that's a IF you can hit these ridiculous goals. Managers bagger you to hit these goals but never try to help you. You are send out to get them all, but punish you for still not hitting goal. Being open seven days a weeks and crazy hours. Any where from 9 am to 7pm and some branches stay open longer. Basically a full 8 on Saturdays and at least 5 hours on Sunday. And open every holiday but two pretty much! And if you have a problem that needs upper management, good freaking luck. They tell you it's up to your discretion. But then the moment something is wrong that send hate mail. When you called and asked them about it. I probably wouldn't recommend this job to a friend or anyone. It's great to get started in banking, but I would definitely move on from this business.
Pros
Pay and coworkers
Cons
Hours and management
in it for the customer
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 4, 2016
Woodforest has amazing customer service but they work their employees like dogs. They don't do a good job at rewarding you for your hard work and the pay is way below industry standard.
Pros
could take lunch on clock as long as you were willing to work as needed
Cons
bank is open on Sundays so unless lucky you will work most weekends
Fun, fast paced, productive.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJuly 30, 2016
I've been with the branch for 3 year's now it's definitely a diverse, fun place most of the time. Scheduling is to say the least, unpleasant and NOT family friendly but there is not much you can do when your short handed. Monthly goals for production is not bad but thing's are changing over to a more " business" oriented place to where our business account goals are unobtainable for such a small town plus our uniforms are changing to more business attire.. wow these new "improvements" are making me want to find a new job. We are inside of Wal-Mart first of all, so about 70% of them come in to the branch in their pjs! They are already complaining about the new dress code saying it makes them uncomfortable. We paid what... almost $30 for each shirt that was mandatory to buy and had to have six different colors. So some new person gets hired in upper management, changes our dress code and we have to buy all new uncomfortable suits. I'm outraged by this. As if devoting 50 plus hour's a week of your life to this company plus standing and killing your knees, back and feet for most of each day wasn't enough let's be stuffy and uncomfortable to boot! The positive side.... pays good.. I love the customers, most of them lol and my coworkers including my manager are like family I wouldn't trade them for anything :)
Pros
Pay is good, great benefits, diverse and great staff
Cons
Very long hour's of standing, schedule, dress code!
Especially for the In-Store branches
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, TXJuly 27, 2016
A nice up-beat pace filled day with unique customer and co-worker interactions. We do a lot of different things and use a whole slew of programs that the company managed to make them very user friendly. Aside from legal regulations, the internal rules and space regulations are strict but smart considering the kind of work we do. Management is positive and flexible when you tell them reasonably ahead of time and if there are enough employees. Even though its a nice job; moving up, getting raises, and the personal performance reviews are heavily based on your marketing skills. The work environment is absolutely great though!
Pros
Opportunity for bonuses, brakes, flexibility
Cons
High turnover rate
Everyday is Different
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 24, 2016
Great place to work for someone with no small children. Tons of incentives when company meets monthly goals. Poor management plays a vital role on your opinion about the company.
Pros
Free Food, Tons of Over Time
Cons
Short Breaks, Only clsoed on Christmas and Easter
Decent Entry
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, TXJuly 23, 2016
Great place to get your foot in the door in the banking world, the requirement to be a banking is quite low. Sadly, the issue with banking all together is the amount of effort is require to move up the industry. Management is usually bad due to the people moving up usually just knows people and lack care for the other employees.
Pros
Great with school
Cons
management
Banking
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAJuly 20, 2016
This is a good place to work however the turnover is great. There is a lot of training involved but once that is done it is good. You are required to purchase your own uniforms which is a big out of pocket up front expense.
Good company
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VAJuly 20, 2016
The main thing that I didn't like about Woodforest was the fact that they are open 7 days a week. This is great from the customer view, but as an employee, it isn't great.
Great bank
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Woodforest. I love the customers and coworkers. It was a easy job to learn and I did well. I also got a taste of marketing and sales.
Awful Place to work
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 19, 2016
Management is terrible very unprofessional atmosphere. The co workers not willing to help train you. Workers made fun of other workers, no breaks no real training at all.
Pros
Cons
No breaks unprofessional management and staff works all holidays and weekends
Ok
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 13, 2016
The upper management with in this company is great. This company has great hours. They are open every day of the week. They have a lot of locations.
customer service is done daily
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 5, 2016
you have to be able to do many different job titles. you will be opening accounts, doing teller transactions, balancing the vault, doing atm transactions, loans, and business accounts. you do problem solving and marketing for new business. I enjoy my customers and helping them out with this one on one.
The hardest part is that it is different titles and some times you just don't have all the answers because you don't do them daily, like opening a business account or a loan.
Pros
medical benefits start fast
Cons
management is not trained long enough
Coworkers were great to work with
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, PAJuly 5, 2016
We all got along and the manager made sure we always had what we needed. Regional managers only cared when they had to. Would come in and complain about us and then wouldn't be back to see if anything changed.
Amazing Team
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 5, 2016
Everyone at Woodforest was very friendly, the staff was able to work with scheduling. At Woodforest we worked as a team to recruit new members to bank with us and to keep their business with us.
Pros
Company free lunches
Cons
Worked holidays
Not conventional.
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJuly 4, 2016
They don't respect you as a person let alone as an employee. It's all about sales not about building a relationship with your customer. Very aggressive sales process. Was harassed until I quit, complained but nothing happened about it. Short staffed but won't send people would rather work their employees 6 days a week.
Pros
Free lunches, good stepping stone to learn banking
Cons
Awful management, takes weeks to resolve harassment issues
ok place to work
Retail Banker ll (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 29, 2016
open everyday no set schedule work holidays, no balance with family and personal life. Pay is ok work isnt hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodforest National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9