Woodforest National Bank Employee Reviews

I really liked working there.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I liked that it was open inside the Wal-Mart and we could socialize with the customers (present and future). I always felt safe. The work was not hard or strenuous as long as you paid attention to what you were doing.
Pros
Open atmosphere
Cons
Open on Sundays.
Not much of a home life
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVFebruary 15, 2018
Best way to describe working here is that it is a "banker's boot camp." You are taught how to do everything that goes on in a bank, and work long hours. Open 7 days a week, including holidays. Only day they are closed is Christmas Day.

Probably the best thing about working here is the familial feel you build with your customers and coworkers. You don't see your family that much so you have to get that feel from somewhere. It's a daunting job, and very, very stressful.
Pros
Vacation, Medical, 401k, Bonuses
Cons
Expected to do management work without the title
average
Item Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
it was ok. management needed classes. The pay was good. the fact you have to work on holidays there was no work and balance there. overall the company was awesome it was the management that helped with my decision to resign.
Pros
the company itself was awesome
Cons
manager was awful
job
Winston Salem - Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 14, 2018
I am responsible for providing frontline support and service to current and potential customers to meet their everyday banking needs. This includes marketing and cross-selling products and services, as well as performing customer service, branch operations and teller functions in a non-traditional retail environment
Great Place to Work, if you are up for the Challenge!
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 13, 2018
Love the flexible schedule. Manager very good about scheduling any time off needed. Good Benefits with 401K contribution match and stock options. Responsibilities expand across the bank products and services, making the position challenging and always a learning experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule; Good benefits.
Cons
Unequal treatment between male and female employees.
no life
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Wood-forest offers great benefits and vacation but you have no social life due to the retail hours and always being short on staff. if your in a retail branch you will work 11 hour days your days off are separated. you can forget a social life. they make you wear a uniform which is dumb everyone hates it even the customers hate it there's its like step ford wives
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no life, uniform scheduling
Fun place to work! Yet very professional
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working their because it felt like a family. Everyone got along and we all helped each other as much as possible and we were still able to have fun.
Pros
Great Bosses!
Cons
Small work space
Very stressful
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 11, 2018
If you have young children it is not the place for you, because there is really no home time. You close at 6 Monday thru Friday and its open on sat. and sun. It is not a fun place to work.
Great people and fun environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVFebruary 9, 2018
Good concept for a company. Focus was a little to competitive instead of reinforcing positivity instead of negative reinforcement. Support for the local community was amazing.
Some days are better than others
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 9, 2018
Like any other job some days are better than others. It is a really easy job, nothing much to do. Most of the people that work for the company are friendly and willing to help. Management is never available. Always comes in late and leaves early. All of the management responsibilities feels on second in command and other employees.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Poor Management
If you are with the right team, you will enjoy working there
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILFebruary 7, 2018
The team you are working with is important. Everyone must balance to be a great time. The benefits of this company is pretty good with PTO and sick time especially for a part time worker
great place to work
Banker (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXFebruary 5, 2018
enjoyable employment at wood forest
low stress environment
great benefits
decent pay
paid vacation and sick time
managers were great
chances for advancement
Terrible
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 3, 2018
I feel like I’ve sold my soul to this pit of despair just to pay my bills. Be prepared to work 10-11 hour days on your feet the entire time in dress shoes. You’ll learn to savor bathrooms breaks because you finally get to sit down for a few seconds on the can. Be prepared for tons of responsibility while making entry level pay, working your butt off to make ridiculous goals just to see the lazy manager reap all the benefits. Be prepared to have no home or social life, as you will work 6-7 days in a row to earn a single day off, working practically every holiday and weekend. Be prepared to inhale your entire lunch in 20 minutes (the only “break” you get all day, although you still have to assist customers as needed). Be prepared to be yelled and cussed at daily by angry customers who are unhappy with their service because they’ve made the unfortunate decision to bank with these crooks. I’d keep my money in a coffee can buried in the backyard before putting a dime in this place. It’s all about the numbers for Woodforest. Numbers and dollar signs. And they care even less about their employees. You can get fired for the most ridiculous reasons. What else can I say about my disdain for this bank? Did I mention you get to dress like a funeral director? Most of these banks are located in Walmart. I show up to work in a freaking suit just to cash checks for people wearing their pajamas. And perhaps the cherry on top is having the pleasure of running Western Union transactions for all the lovesick victims of Nigerian scam artists. I loathe this company. I wouldn’t recommend this job  more... to my worst enemy. There you have it. My review for Employment at Woodforest National Bank. Hope I didn’t leave anything out.  less
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Long hours, poor mgmt, underpaid for expectations required of you
Great entry point into the banking industry.
RETAIL BANKER II (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 3, 2018
I really enjoy working here. They keep you busy, it provides very valuable experience, you run into all kinds of different people and help them find solutions to their various needs, and learn all the ins and outs of the banking industry which can help launch a career. Definitely recommend for younger people looking to get started, or anyone looking for quick promotion opportunities.
Pros
Decent pay, great benefits, paid vacation time, lots of advancement opportunities, excellent learning opportunity, bonuses, lots of opportunities for overtime, and it's a foot in the door of the banking industry.
Cons
Lunch break is only for 30 minutes, have to do both banker and teller duties, somewhat high turnover rate, frequently work on weekends.
WoodForest Review
Retail Banker/CSR-Teller (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LA 71270January 30, 2018
WoodForest is a great place to begin a banking career you will learn how to do everything from being teller to csr type of work you do practically everything they give you tools to use so if you ever left you walk away knowing how to do a lot of things at a traditional bank.
Pros
great benefits you learn alot
Cons
being on your feet most of the time
Woodforest
Retail Banker III (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 30, 2018
If you are looking to get your foot in the door for banking woodforest is the place, but trust me you won't stay long. All they care about is goals! You could meet your goals every month and its still not enough.They have changed the hours, but you're still working all day with no life. If you have children this is not the place for you. They want you to beg people for accounts and sell sell sell products! If there were no goals or extreme selling woodforest would be a good place to work. They are now starting to give raises, but not sure how long it will last. They won't fire people over being short, but they will fire you over a stupid reason. Tread lightly with this job.
Pros
Vacation, sick time, benefits, cool coworkers
Cons
Shorts breaks, goals, selling products, standing all day even during breaks, mean managers
Woodforest is a decent company
Retail Banker I (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 30, 2018
Overall, Woodforest is a decent company because employees can learn teller and account opening skills. However, they do not have competitive pay and they do not pay attention to their employees. Also, Their training is not stuctured. A new employee is trained by whoever is available at the time and they normaly do not get one on one time with their trainer. Corporate does not see how difficult it is to train emplyees in a company with a high turn over rate. Branches are always short of employees because their hours ar long, employeed have to stand on their feet for hours at a time, It is difficult to move up, training is not very well, and the company is unorganized.
Pros
guaranteed 40 hours, can gain teller and account skills
Cons
non copetitive pay, unstructured training, unrealistic goals
Great College Job
Retail Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Woodforest. The 401k system is wonderful. Unfortunately I had to leave in order to finish my bachelor's degree within a reasonable amount of time.
Pros
401k, Medical, Dental
Cons
Pay
good place to learn the ropes of banking
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 23, 2018
woodforest is a good place for someone to get their start into a banking career. it is also a good place for someone to learn how to open checking accounts and fill atm machines.
No work life balance
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 23, 2018
Long hours no lunch breaks
Open 7days a week including holidays no holiday pay
Too goal driven
Not enough money for the hours or all that you have to do example be the janitor, IT person, teller banker, and maintenance person
No work life balance especially if you have a family
All corporate cares about are number and account goals
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodforest National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.