Woodland Heights Medical Center

Woodland Heights Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great hours but non competitive pay.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: decent hours and occasional overtime.
Cons: low pay (compared to other companies), no chance for advancement or raises.
A good place to work to get your foot in the door. Hours are reasonable. However, in some departments, you rarely get time to take a lunch break but 30 mins is deducted from your pay regardless if you took it or not. Advancement is unlikely and yearly raises are usually no more than a few cents a year.
Challenging
Medicaid Biller/Collector (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: micro managing, favoritism
When I joined the medicaid was a mess. It still is but. I have been able to get a game plan in action, and is working. The typical day is billing, correcting claims, electronic transmission of claims, then collections.
Management sadly has been difficult to please. All policies, good and bad are engraved, and I find most people were working harder then – more... smarter.
Most of the people I work with are very nice special people that will do anything to help anyone.
The hardest, and most rewarding part of the job was the challenge to constantly keep up with new billing procedures and policies.
Most enjoyable was some of the people there were just hilarious and sweet. – less