Woodland Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews

overall Woodlandheight Medical Center was a geat company to work for..
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at work starts out with the report of your patients for the day. After report you would then look over your list and then gather up all your meds and equipment need for your shift. After that you would star your rounds and meet ad greet your patients as the day goes by. What I've learned from working as a respiratory therapist is you never give up on yourself an your patients. With the proper care and team work you can expect your ill client to turn around and get better. I was a PRN therapist my co-workers would call on me from time to time in order to fulfill their shift if needed they knew I would cover my shift and work accordingly. the hardest part of my job was watching a patent die especially after you've done all you can to bring them back from a critical situation and watching the family try to cope with the death of a love one. The mot enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the team and coming together as a family and see how everyone play a part of the team.
Pros
working together and getting to know the patient and their family
Cons
seeing someone die after you helped with trying to revive them.
Rewarding
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work. Central Stores staff were welcoming and enthusiastic. Helping the nursing staff was a great privilege.
great place to use and grow nursing and xray skills
Registered Nurse, registered xray tech (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 22, 2015
Great busy cath lab that promotes growth of nursing skills. Great benefits and management is involved and strive to maintain a smooth and comfortable work environment.
Pros
great for growing great nursing skills
Cons
frequent missed lunch breaks - goes with the territory
Great hours but non competitive pay.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 24, 2014
A good place to work to get your foot in the door. Hours are reasonable. However, in some departments, you rarely get time to take a lunch break but 30 mins is deducted from your pay regardless if you took it or not. Advancement is unlikely and yearly raises are usually no more than a few cents a year.
Pros
Decent hours and occasional overtime.
Cons
Low pay (compared to other companies), no chance for advancement or raises.
great company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  lufkin texasAugust 9, 2015
great company gives yearly pay raises works with schedules needs a lot more of older nurses. days are okay sometime busy and sometimre slow depending on the cenuse
Challenging
Medicaid Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 12, 2012
When I joined the medicaid was a mess. It still is but. I have been able to get a game plan in action, and is working. The typical day is billing, correcting claims, electronic transmission of claims, then collections.
Management sadly has been difficult to please. All policies, good and bad are engraved, and I find most people were working harder then smarter.
Most of the people I work with are very nice special people that will do anything to help anyone.
The hardest, and most rewarding part of the job was the challenge to constantly keep up with new billing procedures and policies.
Most enjoyable was some of the people there were just hilarious and sweet.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
micro managing, favoritism
building was nice.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 6, 2014
Always struggled to make it through a shift. Always short of staff or some of the staff performed at less than optimal levels which often meant you picked up the slack.
Nursing management encouraged an environment of favoritism. The hardest part of the job was to do your job well and take care of your patients. Someone was always abrasive and condescending.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new from experienced nurses.
Other departments and staff were a pleasure to work with.
Small intimate work enviroment, caring and helpful staff to work with in all departments with hospital evolving to meet the communities needs
Physcial Therapy Assistant, Wound care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
My day consists of getting my patient list and planning my day. Reviewing current needs for supplies in my department and ordering as needed. Checking with other staff in therapy department for changes or who will need help with patients. Check my list of other duties and responsibilities required that day and or that month to schedule all inservices and training.
The hardest part of my day is ensuring that all my patients needs are met and balance all my other responsibilities are also done.
I enjoy the staff I have work with, most have been working with me in the same department for the entire time I have been at my job.
Pros
Small size of hospital and staff longevitiy
Cons
weekends and holidays
Good environment Good people to work with
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Overall great place to work the pay is just horrible. Great place to get experience and awesome co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the pay.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
The pay is horrible
Great people to work with
Director (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TxJune 4, 2015
Proctuctive and good place to work, great hours good health insurance.

Work from 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Direct all aspects of food department and sit on several hospital committe's

Hardest part is dealling with so many boss changes over the years
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Too many bosses, 9 in 7 years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodland Heights Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9