Woodland Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

great place to use and grow nursing and xray skills
Registered Nurse, registered xray tech (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 22, 2015
Great busy cath lab that promotes growth of nursing skills. Great benefits and management is involved and strive to maintain a smooth and comfortable work environment.
Pros
great for growing great nursing skills
Cons
frequent missed lunch breaks - goes with the territory
Good environment Good people to work with
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Overall great place to work the pay is just horrible. Great place to get experience and awesome co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the pay.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
The pay is horrible
great company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  lufkin texasAugust 9, 2015
great company gives yearly pay raises works with schedules needs a lot more of older nurses. days are okay sometime busy and sometimre slow depending on the cenuse
Great people to work with
Director (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TxJune 4, 2015
Proctuctive and good place to work, great hours good health insurance.

Work from 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Direct all aspects of food department and sit on several hospital committe's

Hardest part is dealling with so many boss changes over the years
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Too many bosses, 9 in 7 years
Small intimate work enviroment, caring and helpful staff to work with in all departments with hospital evolving to meet the communities needs
Physcial Therapy Assistant, Wound care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
My day consists of getting my patient list and planning my day. Reviewing current needs for supplies in my department and ordering as needed. Checking with other staff in therapy department for changes or who will need help with patients. Check my list of other duties and responsibilities required that day and or that month to schedule all inservices and training.
The hardest part of my day is ensuring that all my patients needs are met and balance all my other responsibilities are also done.
I enjoy the staff I have work with, most have been working with me in the same department for the entire time I have been at my job.
Pros
small size of hospital and staff longevitiy
Cons
weekends and holidays
building was nice.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 6, 2014
Always struggled to make it through a shift. Always short of staff or some of the staff performed at less than optimal levels which often meant you picked up the slack.
Nursing management encouraged an environment of favoritism. The hardest part of the job was to do your job well and take care of your patients. Someone was always abrasive and condescending.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new from experienced nurses.
Other departments and staff were a pleasure to work with.
Great hours but non competitive pay.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 24, 2014
A good place to work to get your foot in the door. Hours are reasonable. However, in some departments, you rarely get time to take a lunch break but 30 mins is deducted from your pay regardless if you took it or not. Advancement is unlikely and yearly raises are usually no more than a few cents a year.
Pros
decent hours and occasional overtime.
Cons
low pay (compared to other companies), no chance for advancement or raises.
Challenging
Medicaid Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 12, 2012
When I joined the medicaid was a mess. It still is but. I have been able to get a game plan in action, and is working. The typical day is billing, correcting claims, electronic transmission of claims, then collections.
Management sadly has been difficult to please. All policies, good and bad are engraved, and I find most people were working harder then smarter.
Most of the people I work with are very nice special people that will do anything to help anyone.
The hardest, and most rewarding part of the job was the challenge to constantly keep up with new billing procedures and policies.
Most enjoyable was some of the people there were just hilarious and sweet.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
micro managing, favoritism