Woodland Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews

Medical Field
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 23, 2017
worked for Wodland Heights for many years. Lots of benefits to working for this company,
Learned to work with the public and enjoy people.
I have many memories with WHMC
not friendly
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  lufkin texasJuly 21, 2017
its a clicklish place to work not friendly do not like conflict and cant resolve problems don't have anything else to say thank you thank you the end
Great job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 1, 2017
I enjoyed working there just not the hours or being alone at night time. It just was a job I want . I want mon - Friday . And that job was not . But other than that I liked it there .
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Schedule
Overall a decent place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 28, 2017
Third floor (med/tele) is a grueling place to work but the co workers are great. It's definitely not a place to work if you are unable to lift heavy items or do not have the compassion for others.
Great place to get you nursing feet wet
LVN, Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 15, 2017
My first nursing job was at WHMC, I got to utilize my nursing skills learned in school at this facility. There were patient's from all walks of life, all cultures and co-workers that were diverse also which taught me how to deal with diversity. I will value all that I learned from this first work experience as a nurse.
productive place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 18, 2017
This facility has a work culture of cohesiveness and togetherness. When you work in a rural area and realize the care given here is as good as the care if not better in the major metropolitan areas you have something. staff is knowledgable, caring, compassionate, and up to date of current treatments
Its a okay work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 15, 2017
I like the job u not surround around lots of females it's drama free just have lazy workers..the residents are sweet and polite...I like cause the job is very clean and neat.and u also eat free they sometimes have good food.
Pros
Eat free
Cons
I dont get a chance to take a break
overall Woodlandheight Medical Center was a geat company to work for..
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at work starts out with the report of your patients for the day. After report you would then look over your list and then gather up all your meds and equipment need for your shift. After that you would star your rounds and meet ad greet your patients as the day goes by. What I've learned from working as a respiratory therapist is you never give up on yourself an your patients. With the proper care and team work you can expect your ill client to turn around and get better. I was a PRN therapist my co-workers would call on me from time to time in order to fulfill their shift if needed they knew I would cover my shift and work accordingly. the hardest part of my job was watching a patent die especially after you've done all you can to bring them back from a critical situation and watching the family try to cope with the death of a love one. The mot enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the team and coming together as a family and see how everyone play a part of the team.
Pros
working together and getting to know the patient and their family
Cons
seeing someone die after you helped with trying to revive them.
Rewarding
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work. Central Stores staff were welcoming and enthusiastic. Helping the nursing staff was a great privilege.
great place to use and grow nursing and xray skills
Registered Nurse, registered xray tech (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 22, 2015
Great busy cath lab that promotes growth of nursing skills. Great benefits and management is involved and strive to maintain a smooth and comfortable work environment.
Pros
great for growing great nursing skills
Cons
frequent missed lunch breaks - goes with the territory
Good environment Good people to work with
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Overall great place to work the pay is just horrible. Great place to get experience and awesome co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the pay.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
The pay is horrible
great company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  lufkin texasAugust 9, 2015
great company gives yearly pay raises works with schedules needs a lot more of older nurses. days are okay sometime busy and sometimre slow depending on the cenuse
Great people to work with
Director (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TxJune 4, 2015
Proctuctive and good place to work, great hours good health insurance.

Work from 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Direct all aspects of food department and sit on several hospital committe's

Hardest part is dealling with so many boss changes over the years
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Too many bosses, 9 in 7 years
Small intimate work enviroment, caring and helpful staff to work with in all departments with hospital evolving to meet the communities needs
Physcial Therapy Assistant, Wound care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
My day consists of getting my patient list and planning my day. Reviewing current needs for supplies in my department and ordering as needed. Checking with other staff in therapy department for changes or who will need help with patients. Check my list of other duties and responsibilities required that day and or that month to schedule all inservices and training.
The hardest part of my day is ensuring that all my patients needs are met and balance all my other responsibilities are also done.
I enjoy the staff I have work with, most have been working with me in the same department for the entire time I have been at my job.
Pros
Small size of hospital and staff longevitiy
Cons
weekends and holidays
building was nice.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 6, 2014
Always struggled to make it through a shift. Always short of staff or some of the staff performed at less than optimal levels which often meant you picked up the slack.
Nursing management encouraged an environment of favoritism. The hardest part of the job was to do your job well and take care of your patients. Someone was always abrasive and condescending.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new from experienced nurses.
Other departments and staff were a pleasure to work with.
Great hours but non competitive pay.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 24, 2014
A good place to work to get your foot in the door. Hours are reasonable. However, in some departments, you rarely get time to take a lunch break but 30 mins is deducted from your pay regardless if you took it or not. Advancement is unlikely and yearly raises are usually no more than a few cents a year.
Pros
Decent hours and occasional overtime.
Cons
Low pay (compared to other companies), no chance for advancement or raises.
nice place to work
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 17, 2012
the place is a great teaching hospital, the management do not care if you have family the will keep you with unregular schedule. they will let you go if you have used all of your maternity leave.