Woodland Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews

great company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), lufkin texasAugust 9, 2015
great company gives yearly pay raises works with schedules needs a lot more of older nurses. days are okay sometime busy and sometimre slow depending on the cenuse
Great people to work with
Director (Current Employee), Lufkin, TxJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great work hours
Cons: Too many bosses, 9 in 7 years
Proctuctive and good place to work, great hours good health insurance.

Work from 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Direct all aspects of food department and sit on several hospital committe's

Hardest part is dealling with so many boss changes over the years
Small intimate work enviroment, caring and helpful staff to work with in all departments with hospital evolving to meet the communities needs
Physcial Therapy Assistant, Wound care Nurse (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: small size of hospital and staff longevitiy
Cons: weekends and holidays
My day consists of getting my patient list and planning my day. Reviewing current needs for supplies in my department and ordering as needed. Checking with other staff in therapy department for changes or who will need help with patients. Check my list of other duties and responsibilities required that day and or that month to schedule all inservices and training.
The hardest part of my day is ensuring that all my patients needs are met and balance all my other responsibilities are also done.
I enjoy the staff I have work with, most have been working with me in the same department for the entire time I have been at my job.
building was nice.
Nurse (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXOctober 6, 2014
Always struggled to make it through a shift. Always short of staff or some of the staff performed at less than optimal levels which often meant you picked up the slack.
Nursing management encouraged an environment of favoritism. The hardest part of the job was to do your job well and take care of your patients. Someone was always abrasive and condescending.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new from experienced nurses.
Other departments and staff were a pleasure to work with.
Great hours but non competitive pay.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: decent hours and occasional overtime.
Cons: low pay (compared to other companies), no chance for advancement or raises.
A good place to work to get your foot in the door. Hours are reasonable. However, in some departments, you rarely get time to take a lunch break but 30 mins is deducted from your pay regardless if you took it or not. Advancement is unlikely and yearly raises are usually no more than a few cents a year.
nice place to work
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXOctober 17, 2012
the place is a great teaching hospital, the management do not care if you have family the will keep you with unregular schedule. they will let you go if you have used all of your maternity leave.