Woodmen of the World Employee Reviews

Fun
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bellville, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Although we are stuck in the middle of nowhere for the entirety of the week, it was fun and the time seemed to pass quickly with the campers and co-counselors.
Awful
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 27, 2017
My experience was not great. It is a door to door sales person type of job and I hated it. I found myself in unsafe situations, alone. It doesn't offer any kind of benefits. They push sales and not family. It is a poorly structured job. The products however are very good.
Pros
Great product line
Cons
Door to door sales, they trained you in only sales not much on product
Fun & productive job that keep you on your toes.
Lions Water Adventure- Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Woodmen of the World water park (Lions Water Adventure). I would say it had it's ups & downs but overall it was a great experience working there with friends I made while being there.
Pros
Take breaks when needed
Cons
Pay for lunch
This is a fantastic place to work.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
They have great benefits, opportune career advancement opportunities, and care about their employees needs. They make an extra effort to ensure your work life balance needs are met.
Pros
Free gym, great benefits, flexible hours.
Good job to have if you lke sales.
Insurance Salesman (Former Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCJuly 2, 2017
Good job with good income potential if you like sales.You are on your own in generating leads. That is the hardest part of the job. The best part of the job is you are able to set your own schedule.
Pros
Good income potential and good benefits.
Cons
You're on your own after two years.
Isurance and Annuity Sales
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 30, 2017
Great company to work for. Loved the insurance annuity business. However, I discovered that sales is not my forte`
I learned another aspect of finance and the job demands required when working on commission. The hardest part for me was not explaining the product but trying to sell it to the potential customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people.
Pros
Good salary income, great company and wonderful corporate management
Cons
Sales day and night, no family life
Good place to work.
FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rainsville, ALApril 13, 2017
Insurance is always a challenging place to work in but can also be very rewarding. Very rewarding career but be patient with the industry. Great company to work for.
Very fun place to be at
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Patrick, SCMarch 14, 2017
Woodmen of the World was a very fun camp to work at. I got to meet a lot of new people that I would have never been able to meet if I would not have worked there. Working with the kids and being able to work the rock wall and zip line was the highlights of my job at camp.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks because you are always with the kids
Great place to work!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansboro, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Great people, good environment, wonderful place to work! I felt very comfortable and enjoyed the clients that we had and working with them. I enjoyed my position and got along with everyone that I worked with.
Hardest Part
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 28, 2016
Hardest part of the job was being a young female in a business driven by a dominant group of individuals. I learned you must work hard in order to succeed.
Excellent place to work
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) –  OMaha NeAugust 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. I'm moving out of the state and embracing on new employment. I truly will miss the atmosphere around this company. very family oriented
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Great company that is community focused
New Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 22, 2016
Great company to work for, benefits are great and room for advancement. Work hours are great for the balance of work/life balance
Pros
Great people
Cons
alot of opportunities for advancement just hard to get recognized for your hard work
Summer Camp
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marion, MSFebruary 22, 2016
The camp is brief, but working with the children was very educational and rewarding as far as seeing the children learn was involved.
Security with fun added
Assistant Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 19, 2015
Working with kids and keeping them safe while having fun at the same time. Completely worth every day on the island. Assisting the director in day to day running of the camp.
Some of the best people you could ever meet
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 5, 2015
Some of the managers were hard to get along with but the clients were some of the nicest people you could ever meet. They were devoted to the agency and what it stood for. The hardest part of my job was convincing new clients that they needed insurance, especially the younger generation.
Pros
Alway having social events
Cons
Goals became hard to meet
Financially rewarding, family and community focus, and great career opportunity
Market Representative (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 3, 2015
Financially rewarding, family and community focus, and great career opportunity, unlimited income, flexible schedules, and career advancement opportunities. WoodmenLife is a great fraternal organization to be apart of today.
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
Prospecting
My Review
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJune 23, 2015
Overall, I work with a great people. There was good days and rough days but through it all I hung in there. Our supervisor didn't know much about computer but he knew his job. I wasn't comfortable talking with him because he didn't should me that he was a leader.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Commission
Productive and employee friendly workplace
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
A typical day at work entailed manually creating, mailing and monitoring billing statements for auto rental dealers. I learned how the auto rental insurance programs are managed. Management and coworkers were business-like but friendly. The hardest part of the job was calling people to collect their unpaid premiums and at times having to cancel the policy. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the auto rental program that I had never worked with in the past.
Pros
onsight chef in the lunchroom
Cons
driving distance to work
Great location
Secretary/Office Manager for Bailey Haney (Current Employee) –  Amory, MSMarch 3, 2015
Learning how the financial world works.

Learning about how important Life Insurance is and being prepared for the future.
Great company to work for
Licensed Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 11, 2015
I love working here, I just can't get used to 100 percent commission...But if that does not bother someone, it is absolutely a great company to work for and some incredible pay!
Pros
freedom
Cons
100% commission