Woodmen of the World

Woodmen of the World Employee Reviews

Productive and employee friendly workplace
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
Pros: onsight chef in the lunchroom
Cons: driving distance to work
A typical day at work entailed manually creating, mailing and monitoring billing statements for auto rental dealers. I learned how the auto rental insurance programs are managed. Management and coworkers were business-like but friendly. The hardest part of the job was calling people to collect their unpaid premiums and at times having to cancel the policy. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the auto rental program that I had never worked with in the past.
Great location
Secretary/Office Manager for Bailey Haney (Current Employee), Amory, MSMarch 3, 2015
Learning how the financial world works.

Learning about how important Life Insurance is and being prepared for the future.
Great company to work for
Licensed Field Representative (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: 100% commission
I love working here, I just can't get used to 100 percent commission...But if that does not bother someone, it is absolutely a great company to work for and some incredible pay!
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Collinsville, VAFebruary 6, 2015
They are very much community and country oriented
Management is very hands on making sure you have every chance to succeed
Woodmen of the World is an excellent company founded on the principles of protecting members from financial loss and giving back to the community.
Field Representative (Current Employee), Hildebran, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the commissions and contests, as well as trips were top notch.
Cons: while the commissions were good, if the referrals were not there, the commissions from the sale of new certificates were not and prevented a steady income.
Prior to starting work with Woodmen of the World I had been a member for a number of years. I was aware of the founding principles. However, I did not know how this company has continued to grow, even during the early depression years, not just the recent recession. During a typical day I may be working with contact small business owners on coverage for their employees, individuals or families, sometimes filing a death claim. This was one of the hardest parts of the job with another being the privacy laws that prevented a lot of referral contact. The other representatives, no matter their position with the company, were willing to assist with questions. As for the most enjoyable part of the job (which I do not think of as merely a job) was the people contact and assisting them with decisions they make.
Long standing company
Life Insurance and Annuity Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: commission only salary
Asked to join this company after resolving a conflict with my fathers Life Insurance. Very likeable area manager. Good group of people to work with. very difficult to work on a commission only salary and pay for all your expenses.
Experience preparing powerpoints and presenting it to the team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Elbridge, NYDecember 12, 2014
Experience preparing powerpoints and presenting it to the team
FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 10, 2014
Help make life better for families with a variety of insurance and annuity products, and for my community with Woodmen of the World's fraternal program. Along the way, make a great living for other people.

IT is really great to meet new people and share their story.
Having a great time at summer camp.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Barnwell, NCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: having to stay during the week.
We stayed at the camp every week and had weekends off, so typical day at work could have depended on how the kids you watched acted the day before. I learned how to manage young children. My co-worker were great mostly peers so they were easy to get along with. Hardest part about the job is having to cope with someone's children, what I mean by that is how some children act. Just having a great time each and everyday with my co-workers.
Insurance Sales
Licensed for Health and Life Insurance Sales (Current Employee), Glasgow, KYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no salary, all commission
The hardest part of the job is getting the appointments.
The pay can be wonderful if you can sell the right product.
You do have the ability to touch a lot of people and truly help them.
Learned new technologies and tools
Automation Tester (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 8, 2014
I have learned how to interact with other team and get updated documents.
strong company but disconnected
Field Representative (Current Employee), Montgomery ALMarch 5, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no office
Woodmen is a strong Insurance company but as a field representative you can seem a little disconnected from the company.
Amazing Experience
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAOctober 1, 2013
Great place to work.
Coworkers were amazing.
A lot of personal growth.
Very rewarding.
Fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Kinston, NCSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free everything
Cons: there were none
I worked with kids all day and did different actvities. My co workers were nice we stayed overnight at the camp for a week. it was fun
Great company.
Field Representative (Current Employee), Butler, PASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: compensation, freedom of schedule
Cons: freedom of schedule
WOW is a great company to work for. It takes dedication and disciple to work in the insurance industry but WOW knows how to take care of their representatives.
we took a lot of trips for training
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMay 14, 2013
Pros: the incentives were always second to none and the yearly camp they send the kids to were awesome.
Cons: competitive spirits were sometimes not so encouraging. kind of cut-throat.
A typical workday for Woodmen depended strictly on how well the field rep was prepared for the next day. You could not wait to plan but was pertinent to your career to be proactive. The co-workers was a source of strength and encouragement when you not on the top of your game. The hardest and most discouraging part of this job was when you drive to an appointment sometimes for hours and no -show. The most enjoyable part was the trips and the money.
Very flexible hours
Field Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 29, 2013
flexible hours, great management. Hardest part of the job was finding enough sales opportunities
Great!
Sales Rep (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 18, 2013
Pros: service provided is actually helping people.
Cons: i.t dept. a lttle old school
High pay, bonus, benefits, payed trips, vacations.
I am truly grateful I decided to work for W.O.W
the flexible schedule and be-my-own-boss atmosphere
is something I never thought I could have. I left a great career
in the field I went to college for and put a lot of my life into just
because I became "burnt out" and disappointed that nothing I did
would result in a change for me and my family. It may not be for everyone (commission sales) but we are not "strait commission"
for the first two years and thankfully I have been able to use that to my advantage (commission sales = no income limits either). Have to be self motivated.
Not so good
Financial Representative (Former Employee), KYApril 3, 2013
Managers are misleading, products are outdated and unnecessary. Almost no room to advance. Pretty much just a racket on old people who don't even want to talk to you.
Good for independent, driven individuals
Field Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2013
-Great training
-Great benefits
-Helpful employees
-Need to be assertive and driven

Woodmen of the World Salaries