Woodmen of the World Employee Reviews in United States

Summer Camp
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marion, MSFebruary 22, 2016
The camp is brief, but working with the children was very educational and rewarding as far as seeing the children learn was involved.
Some of the best people you could ever meet
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 5, 2015
Some of the managers were hard to get along with but the clients were some of the nicest people you could ever meet. They were devoted to the agency and what it stood for. The hardest part of my job was convincing new clients that they needed insurance, especially the younger generation.
Pros
Alway having social events
Cons
Goals became hard to meet
Financially rewarding, family and community focus, and great career opportunity
Market Representative (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 3, 2015
Financially rewarding, family and community focus, and great career opportunity, unlimited income, flexible schedules, and career advancement opportunities. WoodmenLife is a great fraternal organization to be apart of today.
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
Prospecting
Security with fun added
Assistant Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 19, 2015
Working with kids and keeping them safe while having fun at the same time. Completely worth every day on the island. Assisting the director in day to day running of the camp.
My Review
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJune 23, 2015
Overall, I work with a great people. There was good days and rough days but through it all I hung in there. Our supervisor didn't know much about computer but he knew his job. I wasn't comfortable talking with him because he didn't should me that he was a leader.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Commission
Productive and employee friendly workplace
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
A typical day at work entailed manually creating, mailing and monitoring billing statements for auto rental dealers. I learned how the auto rental insurance programs are managed. Management and coworkers were business-like but friendly. The hardest part of the job was calling people to collect their unpaid premiums and at times having to cancel the policy. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the auto rental program that I had never worked with in the past.
Pros
onsight chef in the lunchroom
Cons
driving distance to work
Having a great time at summer camp.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Barnwell, NCOctober 29, 2014
We stayed at the camp every week and had weekends off, so typical day at work could have depended on how the kids you watched acted the day before. I learned how to manage young children. My co-worker were great mostly peers so they were easy to get along with. Hardest part about the job is having to cope with someone's children, what I mean by that is how some children act. Just having a great time each and everyday with my co-workers.
Pros
free food
Cons
having to stay during the week.
FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 10, 2014
Help make life better for families with a variety of insurance and annuity products, and for my community with Woodmen of the World's fraternal program. Along the way, make a great living for other people.

IT is really great to meet new people and share their story.
Long standing company
Life Insurance and Annuity Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2014
Asked to join this company after resolving a conflict with my fathers Life Insurance. Very likeable area manager. Good group of people to work with. very difficult to work on a commission only salary and pay for all your expenses.
Pros
good company
Cons
commission only salary
Great!
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 18, 2013
High pay, bonus, benefits, payed trips, vacations.
I am truly grateful I decided to work for W.O.W
the flexible schedule and be-my-own-boss atmosphere
is something I never thought I could have. I left a great career
in the field I went to college for and put a lot of my life into just
because I became "burnt out" and disappointed that nothing I did
would result in a change for me and my family. It may not be for everyone (commission sales) but we are not "strait commission"
for the first two years and thankfully I have been able to use that to my advantage (commission sales = no income limits either). Have to be self motivated.
Pros
service provided is actually helping people.
Cons
i.t dept. a lttle old school
we took a lot of trips for training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 14, 2013
A typical workday for Woodmen depended strictly on how well the field rep was prepared for the next day. You could not wait to plan but was pertinent to your career to be proactive. The co-workers was a source of strength and encouragement when you not on the top of your game. The hardest and most discouraging part of this job was when you drive to an appointment sometimes for hours and no -show. The most enjoyable part was the trips and the money.
Pros
the incentives were always second to none and the yearly camp they send the kids to were awesome.
Cons
competitive spirits were sometimes not so encouraging. kind of cut-throat.
Great company to work for
Licensed Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 11, 2015
I love working here, I just can't get used to 100 percent commission...But if that does not bother someone, it is absolutely a great company to work for and some incredible pay!
Pros
freedom
Cons
100% commission
Helping people protect their futures
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARAugust 14, 2012
I currently work with Woodmen of the World, and I love it. I get to come home from appointments knowing I was able to help someone protect their family and their future. I have a solid team of managers and reps with me, who truly want to see me thrive.
Pros
solid bonus structure, flexible hours, ability to work from home
Cons
dealing with rejection from potential clients
A good place to work for the self-employed
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 28, 2012
Being self-employed is enjoyable. You set your own hours. Work when you want to for the most part. Some early mornings depending on your appointments with your clients. Some late nights. A very flexible job.

I learned how to deal with rejection in sales. Cold-calling was very difficult for me in the beginning. Prospecting gets old and stressful.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you had helped a person make a decision to purchase a product that would take care of his spouse and children at his death.

This was a fraternal organization and I was expected to do a lot of communitiy activities not only during the work week but on the weekends as well. Sometimes this could interfere with my plans with my family. That was a negative working for this company
Pros
self-employed, great commissions
Cons
benefits were based on commissions
Proof that Hard work pays off
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LASeptember 15, 2012
This job demanded discipline, dedication and extreme self organization. I was an independent contractor and made my own schedules. A strict routine was a must in order to succeed. My days started at 7:30 and ended when I was finished taking care of clients. I was on call 24/7. The hardest part of the job was the typical "dry spells" and when there was a death. Getting called in the early morning hours because a clients loved one passed away was the saddest part of this job. It was mostly a commission based job and no work meant no pay. Strict routines were a must. I enjoyed my co-workers because they were experienced and shared loads of knowledge. Management was sketchy but we only saw them once a month for district meetings.
Pros
meeting new people, forming new relationships, the demanding schedule and organization
Cons
lots of travel, tons of rejection sales, death
Great location
Secretary/Office Manager for Bailey Haney (Current Employee) –  Amory, MSMarch 3, 2015
Learning how the financial world works.

Learning about how important Life Insurance is and being prepared for the future.
Insurance Sales
Licensed for Health and Life Insurance Sales (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 11, 2014
The hardest part of the job is getting the appointments.
The pay can be wonderful if you can sell the right product.
You do have the ability to touch a lot of people and truly help them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no salary, all commission
Excellent company
IT Consultant/ Systems Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 27, 2012
I've been there for one year only. The management is amazing! The co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable, and always willing to share their technical expertize. I still regret that I left the job...
Pros
free coffee
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VAFebruary 6, 2015
They are very much community and country oriented
Management is very hands on making sure you have every chance to succeed
Great company.
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Butler, PASeptember 5, 2013
WOW is a great company to work for. It takes dedication and disciple to work in the insurance industry but WOW knows how to take care of their representatives.
Pros
compensation, freedom of schedule
Cons
freedom of schedule

Woodmen of the World Reviews by Location