Woodmen of the World

Amazing Experience
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAOctober 1, 2013
Great place to work.
Coworkers were amazing.
A lot of personal growth.
Very rewarding.
Fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Kinston, NCSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free everything
Cons: there were none
I worked with kids all day and did different actvities. My co workers were nice we stayed overnight at the camp for a week. it was fun
Great company.
Field Representative (Current Employee), Butler, PASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: compensation, freedom of schedule
Cons: freedom of schedule
WOW is a great company to work for. It takes dedication and disciple to work in the insurance industry but WOW knows how to take care of their representatives.
we took a lot of trips for training
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMay 14, 2013
Pros: the incentives were always second to none and the yearly camp they send the kids to were awesome.
Cons: competitive spirits were sometimes not so encouraging. kind of cut-throat.
A typical workday for Woodmen depended strictly on how well the field rep was prepared for the next day. You could not wait to plan but was pertinent to your career to be proactive. The co-workers was a source of strength and encouragement when you not on the top of your game. The hardest and most discouraging part of this job was when you drive to – more... an appointment sometimes for hours and no -show. The most enjoyable part was the trips and the money. – less
Very flexible hours
Field Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 29, 2013
flexible hours, great management. Hardest part of the job was finding enough sales opportunities
Great!
Sales Rep (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 18, 2013
Pros: service provided is actually helping people.
Cons: i.t dept. a lttle old school
High pay, bonus, benefits, payed trips, vacations.
I am truly grateful I decided to work for W.O.W
the flexible schedule and be-my-own-boss atmosphere
is something I never thought I could have. I left a great career
in the field I went to college for and put a lot of my life into just
because I became "burnt out" and disappointed that nothing I did
would – more... result in a change for me and my family. It may not be for everyone (commission sales) but we are not "strait commission"
for the first two years and thankfully I have been able to use that to my advantage (commission sales = no income limits either). Have to be self motivated. – less
Not so good
Financial Representative (Former Employee), KYApril 3, 2013
Managers are misleading, products are outdated and unnecessary. Almost no room to advance. Pretty much just a racket on old people who don't even want to talk to you.
Good for independent, driven individuals
Field Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2013
-Great training
-Great benefits
-Helpful employees
-Need to be assertive and driven
Proof that Hard work pays off
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Ville Platte, LASeptember 15, 2012
Pros: meeting new people, forming new relationships, the demanding schedule and organization
Cons: lots of travel, tons of rejection sales, death
This job demanded discipline, dedication and extreme self organization. I was an independent contractor and made my own schedules. A strict routine was a must in order to succeed. My days started at 7:30 and ended when I was finished taking care of clients. I was on call 24/7. The hardest part of the job was the typical "dry spells" and when there was – more... a death. Getting called in the early morning hours because a clients loved one passed away was the saddest part of this job. It was mostly a commission based job and no work meant no pay. Strict routines were a must. I enjoyed my co-workers because they were experienced and shared loads of knowledge. Management was sketchy but we only saw them once a month for district meetings. – less
Helping people protect their futures
Field Representative (Current Employee), Sherwood, ARAugust 14, 2012
Pros: solid bonus structure, flexible hours, ability to work from home
Cons: dealing with rejection from potential clients
I currently work with Woodmen of the World, and I love it. I get to come home from appointments knowing I was able to help someone protect their family and their future. I have a solid team of managers and reps with me, who truly want to see me thrive.
Independent career with minimal management
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2012
Good for someone who is very outgoing and can communicate with the public.

Can be up and down on how much you are compensated.
A good place to work for the self-employed
Field Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 28, 2012
Pros: self-employed, great commissions
Cons: benefits were based on commissions
Being self-employed is enjoyable. You set your own hours. Work when you want to for the most part. Some early mornings depending on your appointments with your clients. Some late nights. A very flexible job.

I learned how to deal with rejection in sales. Cold-calling was very difficult for me in the beginning. Prospecting gets old and stressful.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you had helped a person make a decision to purchase a product that would take care of his spouse and children at his death.

This was a fraternal organization and I was expected to do a lot of communitiy activities not only during the work week but on the weekends as well. Sometimes this could interfere with my plans with my family. That was a negative working for this company – less
It was a Great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 25, 2012
Pros: free training
Cons: the home office is in nebraska
Woodmen of the World was a great place to work. This company has a great reputation that serves a salesman well in the field.
Excellent company
IT Consultant/ Systems Analyst/Developer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 27, 2012
Pros: free coffee
I've been there for one year only. The management is amazing! The co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable, and always willing to share their technical expertize. I still regret that I left the job...
You are your own boss
Field Representative (Current Employee), Paducah, KYApril 20, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: commission only
Very flexible hours. Great rate of commission. Easy management to work with. Awesom training.