Woods Services

Woods Services Employer Reviews

Great
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: no lunch
Cons: no break
Great work place, good team members, good working relationship.
great inviroment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: managment
great place to grow and allows you to help others in need great opportunities for self growth and networking with other individuals in this profession.
I like some of my co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee), Langhorne, PANovember 5, 2014
I learned a lot of good information to use in the future. This was my 2nd job out of graduate school, so they offered me the opportunity to obtain valuable information and experience.
work experience
Staff Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 20, 2014
Many physical challenges. Rough work environment. Although children are amazing and in need of assistance, numerous physical restraints and difficult coworkers can be tough to work with.
Teaching art to students with multiple mental and/or physical disabilities
Art Teacher (Current Employee), Langhorne, PASeptember 15, 2014
A rewarding and challenging job that allows me to have creative freedom.
Okay Job
Staff Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: no breaks, no job security
In the building where I worked my manager and supervisors were great and very understanding. I appreciate the learning opportunity that was given to me. I just wish they didn't fire people so quickly
High School Part 2
Assistant Director of Food and Nutrition (Current Employee), Langhorne, PaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, weekends and holidays off, latest workday is until 6:00 pm.
Cons: high school atmosphere, staff are allowed 12 call outs before they are even reprimanded, bad mouthing of management
- Overall Woods is great for what it does for people with special needs.
- Business wise they do not pay great.
- A typical work day plays out like it would in high school. It could be likened to a soap opera.
- Management does not work well together.
- Most of my co workers like to choose sides and try to stab you in the back the best way they can. I have a few that are thoughtful and are there to work like myself.
- The hardest part of my job is just the willingness to show up everyday knowing that the job you once enjoyed has all but disappeared.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we are here to support individuals who are less fortunate then we are. I also like that I can interact with those individuals on a daily basis.
Business organization is strong
Secretary (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, able to walk from building to building freely or as needed.
Cons: co-workers to co-worker - work environment difficult.
Business organization is strong, management strong, co-worker to co-worker pressure and stress.
Great support system
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAMarch 25, 2014
A typical day is making phone calls to agencies, families and school districts. In addition to writing Individual Service Plans, compiling data collection and filling out paper work for manage care facilities. Co-workers are supportive and eager to help when needed along with management staff.
great company
Client Care Worker (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good pay. free lunches
Cons: heavy lifting
enjoyed working for this company. learned how to work and cope with the mentally challenge. Best part was learning a helping hand and seeing them smile.
Horrible Place!!
Residential counselor (Former Employee), Langhore PAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: overtime, benefits
Cons: mangement awful, no employee loyalty
Woods is a wonderful place for residents however the staff are treated poorly!! if you need a paycheck this is the place for you, however do not plan a life around this job i.e home purchase, buying a car, raising a family they will fire you without hesitation, staff that have been working there for 20-30 years have been fired without warning they care absoultely NOTHING!! about you.
It's okay for the most part..just OKAY
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Langhorne, PANovember 21, 2013
Pros: client interaction, overtime availability, paid meals, trips
Cons: no room for advancement, high turnover rate, low wages, favoritism, chaos
Working with the clients isn't the problem. That part of the job is fun but the pay is low compared to other companies and sometimes you have to go way above and beyond when dealing with the clients behaviors. Also, some supervisors show a lot of favoritism. The hours also suck, well mines does but i guess theres nothing you can do about it. it interferes with my family life. Co workers are okay but there can be tons of gossip and drama going on too. Also, Woods Services is well known for their high turnover rate. You can get written up for any and everything. if you get hired as a RC, make sure you document everything and just do your job and go home. dont try to make friends because as soon as something happens between you two, they plot to have you fired. i've seen all of this during my 2 years here. Overtime is always available which is a plus and traveling and interacting with your clients is fun.
Fun workplace a real learning experience
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 16, 2013
Job duties include:

- Maintain the cleanliness clients living space
- Engage the clients in different stimulating activities
Comfortable setting for staff and residents
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PASeptember 20, 2013
Great place to work if you are not looking for advancement. This was one of my most enjoyable jobs because I built a bond with the residents and the staff were very helpful and supportive. It was very far away from home when I had to rely on public transportation.
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK.
HABILITATION INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Langhorne, PASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: free food, frre laughs, free hugs, free smiles, and some free tears as well
Cons: no breaks
THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.
Woods Services is a wonderful place to work
Vocational Instructor (Current Employee), Langhorne, PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: must work overtime to meet up with your bills.
Working at woods is outstanding. I learned that the little things we have do matters, and we must thank God for them. The management is ok, my supervisor is excellent. my co-workers are like the same anywhere, most jobs now you must learn to get along with others. Know their likes, and dislikes. the hardest part is to not be appreciated, but the most enjoyable part was spending time with my clients.
A very nice environment to work and the clients are loveable.
Habilitation Instructor (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: getting to know the clients.
Cons: no job security
My typical day at Woods is to coordinate, schedule, and facilitate activities for physically, and psychologically challenged individuals, I've learned that everyday is a learning experience not one day is the same as the last. Management, and co-workers they are very compassionate and caring, making it a family oriented environment. The hardest part of the job is when a client has to go to the hospital because of an illness. I most enjoy working with the clients.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAAugust 17, 2013
Pros: alot of overtime
A typical day would consist of reviewing the clients chart working on the specific goals designated for the client. Working on ADLS if needed. And at the end of the day documenting the outcome of that days objective. Nothing was complicated about the job. I really enjoyed taking care of the clients and their needs.
Client care worker (Former Employee), Langhorne PaAugust 13, 2013
Enjoyed working with residents learn alot from residents and thur nursing department.
energetic co-workers, loveable clients
Teachers aide (Current Employee), langhorne, PAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no breaks, low pay
when the clients arrive at school we do toileting if needed. Depending on clients learning ability (vocational or high functioning reading & writing) we do morning meeting prepare goal work and follow the daily program. co-workers are very friendly. The hardest part of this job is 3:1 ration with only wheel chair clients. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing your client accomplish a new task as hard as it was they still accomplished it with a beautiful smile on their face.

1 2 3

About Woods Services

Woods is a leading advocacy and service organization for people with exceptional challenges, disabilities and complex needs. We – Read more