Woods Employee Reviews

Med-tech position
Tech (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 23, 2017
Very stressful at times. I taunted and harassed by my supervisor. She admitted on several accounts that she was emotionally unstable and had some mood disorders such as bipolar disorder. This particular company is very racially influenced.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 24, 2017
It was a good job just wish it would have been a little bit more long term. The work was easy the hours were good and the foremen made sure we were getting paid what we were suppose to.
Pros
Night shift
Cons
Night shift
Fun workplace with healthy managament
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 11, 2017
My time working at woods was a great time. Each day is different and you learn to take it day by day. I have learned how important it is to communicate with coworkers and how to trust them in high levels of stress. The hardest part of this job is customer service.
Good money but no work/life balance
ON SITE SUPERVISOR/THE JOB SHOP (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 4, 2017
Poor management, micro management at its finest, no team work here, pay is decent but benefits arent so great, wouldn't go back to work there. ............
Pros
job security
Cons
No 401k, no raises yearly, poor management
Bartending/Waitressing
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lone Rock, WIOctober 31, 2016
A good place to work if you want part time. Nice people to work with and great food, always busy on the weekends during dinner hours. Some nights can be long if you have to close at 2am.
Learning and good place to work
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 27, 2016
Woods is a company where you can get experience with children with learning defects.Its a good place for people who love to work with children and adults who need asst. with their day to day living.
It was different everyday.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 23, 2016
The 3 years that I was there I was very happy and enjoyed every day. The group of people that I met and worked with were a great bunch of people.
Pros
The benefits were OK
Decent
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 19, 2016
Good coworkers to build relationships with, untrustworthy management who will attack you if you speak your mind, weak pay and low salaries, decent benefits, terrible HR who will not do anything for you and always point the finger at you if something is wrong.
Great
Driver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 29, 2016
Great benefits, enjoyed meeting people, heavy work load, new experiences everyday, pay was reasonable, set work schedule
fun
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  langAugust 31, 2016
ejoy interacting with clients and learning how to better socialize and work with people of all age groups. the best part of the job is gaining nrelationships with clients and being a role model...
ok
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 19, 2016
Days off vary. 6 months for every other weekend off. Benefits are very good. Job security isn't too good. Overall I would give the company a grade of 75%
Woods
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 3, 2016
Working for Woods is a great hands on experience in the behavioral health field. Woods provides great benefits and staff.
Misleading
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 13, 2016
Woods hired me as staff counselor that worked with youth that were mentally challenged. With my experience I was prepared to take on this new challenge and start my career. However, the job description did not match with what I was actually doing on the floor in the units. I was someones nurses aid. The job description did not inform me that I will be caring for youth that needed assistance in bathing, changing, feeding, and any other needs that were required. The clients are aggressive physically and verbally. I was not prepared for this line of work. Overall the coworkers make the job more enjoyable and tolerable. The hardest part is getting attacked and having to restrain clients.
benefits
Cons
clients attacking, no breaks, long probation period.
Hard Work but Rewarding
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 10, 2016
Dealing with mental unstable clients and learning how to think on your feel. Supportive co-workers. Hard to not take your work home with you. Client progress is very rewarding.
productive , fun work place
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 12, 2016
a typical day at work, would be me as a counselor engaging with my clients. what I have learned is to be very patient while working in this kind of field. the management is very family oriented, and everyone is treated with respect. my co-works treat me like family so I feel welcomed everyday I come into work. the hardest part about my job is knowing how to deal with my clients while they have a behavior , but the most enjoyable part is building a good relationship with my clients, especially seeing a smile on their faces.
Terrible
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 11, 2016
it was a terrible experience working there the management was never on there job and the treat other workers who been there.
Pros
Benefits, Money
Cons
Mangement
Good place to work.
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2016
As employees we have access to the pool and fitness areas. We are also sent to Colorado one a year for a weekend.everyday at work I have plenty of apartments to clean.I have great co-workers that help as a team when needed. The hardest part of the job is organization but I enjoy staying busy.
A regular day at my job
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at my job is waking clients up in the morning and starting their day by with hygiene. example -washing up,brush teeth, clean clothes .
The hardest part about my job is trying to keep my clients that have mood swings happy or calm. Clients can be very aggressive which lead to restraints.
Pros
free lunch, meeting new people
Cons
getting hit by a client, restraints
this job changes with ea banquet
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNFebruary 22, 2016
AS a banquet cook we served 100 to 250 persons.have a ex chef over me. this is some thing i have been doing for yrs. we work 6 to 8 hrs some time 2 to 5 days a week and we do off site work to.
Pros
nice ex chef to work with
Cons
it is a part time job no benefits
Review
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEFebruary 6, 2016
Great work place overall. 8 hour days, free lunches. Great management. Residents were great to work with. We got to serve lunch as well as housekeep that broke up the day nicely.