Woods Employee Reviews

Learning and good place to work
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 27, 2016
Woods is a company where you can get experience with children with learning defects.Its a good place for people who love to work with children and adults who need asst. with their day to day living.
It was different everyday.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 23, 2016
The 3 years that I was there I was very happy and enjoyed every day. The group of people that I met and worked with were a great bunch of people.
Pros
The benefits were OK
Decent
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 19, 2016
Good coworkers to build relationships with, untrustworthy management who will attack you if you speak your mind, weak pay and low salaries, decent benefits, terrible HR who will not do anything for you and always point the finger at you if something is wrong.
Great
Driver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 29, 2016
Great benefits, enjoyed meeting people, heavy work load, new experiences everyday, pay was reasonable, set work schedule
fun
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  langAugust 31, 2016
ejoy interacting with clients and learning how to better socialize and work with people of all age groups. the best part of the job is gaining nrelationships with clients and being a role model...
ok
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 19, 2016
Days off vary. 6 months for every other weekend off. Benefits are very good. Job security isn't too good. Overall I would give the company a grade of 75%
Woods
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 3, 2016
Working for Woods is a great hands on experience in the behavioral health field. Woods provides great benefits and staff.
Misleading
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 13, 2016
Woods hired me as staff counselor that worked with youth that were mentally challenged. With my experience I was prepared to take on this new challenge and start my career. However, the job description did not match with what I was actually doing on the floor in the units. I was someones nurses aid. The job description did not inform me that I will be caring for youth that needed assistance in bathing, changing, feeding, and any other needs that were required. The clients are aggressive physically and verbally. I was not prepared for this line of work. Overall the coworkers make the job more enjoyable and tolerable. The hardest part is getting attacked and having to restrain clients.
benefits
Cons
clients attacking, no breaks, long probation period.
Hard Work but Rewarding
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 10, 2016
Dealing with mental unstable clients and learning how to think on your feel. Supportive co-workers. Hard to not take your work home with you. Client progress is very rewarding.
productive , fun work place
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 12, 2016
a typical day at work, would be me as a counselor engaging with my clients. what I have learned is to be very patient while working in this kind of field. the management is very family oriented, and everyone is treated with respect. my co-works treat me like family so I feel welcomed everyday I come into work. the hardest part about my job is knowing how to deal with my clients while they have a behavior , but the most enjoyable part is building a good relationship with my clients, especially seeing a smile on their faces.
Terrible
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 11, 2016
it was a terrible experience working there the management was never on there job and the treat other workers who been there.
Pros
Benefits, Money
Cons
Mangement
Good place to work.
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2016
As employees we have access to the pool and fitness areas. We are also sent to Colorado one a year for a weekend.everyday at work I have plenty of apartments to clean.I have great co-workers that help as a team when needed. The hardest part of the job is organization but I enjoy staying busy.
A regular day at my job
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at my job is waking clients up in the morning and starting their day by with hygiene. example -washing up,brush teeth, clean clothes .
The hardest part about my job is trying to keep my clients that have mood swings happy or calm. Clients can be very aggressive which lead to restraints.
Pros
free lunch, meeting new people
Cons
getting hit by a client, restraints
this job changes with ea banquet
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNFebruary 22, 2016
AS a banquet cook we served 100 to 250 persons.have a ex chef over me. this is some thing i have been doing for yrs. we work 6 to 8 hrs some time 2 to 5 days a week and we do off site work to.
Pros
nice ex chef to work with
Cons
it is a part time job no benefits
Review
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEFebruary 6, 2016
Great work place overall. 8 hour days, free lunches. Great management. Residents were great to work with. We got to serve lunch as well as housekeep that broke up the day nicely.
Productive fun work environment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 17, 2015
A typical day at work is coming in ready prepared smiling laughing while experiencing the many changes of everyday daily lifestyle activities. I learned not just to talk but to listen while working amongst my fellow co- workers and with management. The hardest part of the job are the challenges, the positive influences, and reinforcements make it the most enjoyable.
Fun some day! Hard some days...Every day was a new day at woods
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 10, 2015
You can lose you job for any little reason! Everyday was a new day. Some clients warmed your heart and I loved my job! You don't 'really get raises.. so u have to work OT to make ya money
Pros
free lunch...an great Overtime
Cons
Fired for anything!
great
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  langhorne paMarch 31, 2015
Woods is a great place to work and enjoy coming in every day. Wonderful clients and coworkers. Couldn't ask for a better job.
I worked in every department over the past 8 years.
operator/foreman on gang rip saw (Former Employee) –  985 Superior Ave Chambersburg PaMarch 10, 2015
The Woods Company was a reclaimer's dream job. Taking old and often discarded building materials and turning them into works of art and customer satisfaction. We had slow times with little or no work but the experience is one I will always draw good memories and experiences worth passing along. Thank You Barry and the whole company.
Pros
paid vacation and holidays. health benefits and the opportunity to learn new skills.
Cons
season work slow down and to short a time there
productive
caregiver (Former Employee) –  longhorne PaJanuary 22, 2015
i work as a residential consider i work with disable kid who had mental problem and i also make sure that they was well taking care of
Pros
fun work
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woods. Our community is ready to answer.