Woods

Woods Employer Reviews

productive
caregiver (Former Employee), longhorne PaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun work
Cons: healthcare
i work as a residential consider i work with disable kid who had mental problem and i also make sure that they was well taking care of
Great place to work!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 11, 2014
I love working for The Woods. It's a fun atmosphere, the owner, JT, really cares about his employee's and I couldn't say enough great things about the Property Manager, Sarge.
Fun Works place
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: good benfits
Responsible for the care and Supervision of a group of clients in a Residential and /or day program
Tries to be a family atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), RochesterJune 26, 2014
Pros: always a holiday party on company time
Cons: lack of appreciation
The atmosphere in my department is dysfunctional. The manager looks to blame instead of looking for solutions.

The firm tries very hard to make the work environment a good place but the manager in this particular department defeats that objective.

I learned a great deal on in my position but there are very few changes for change/advancement.

My work day is varied and it is seldom that I have two days in a row that are identical.
ONE OF THE BEST PLACES I EVER WORKED!
CNA/RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAMay 25, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: driving 35 miles one way to go to work.
I LOVE WORKING WITH WOODS' CLIENTS AND THEIR STAFF.
MY, ALMOST 7 YEARS AT WOODS, HAS BEEN FUN. I GET ALONG WITH THE CLIENTS AND STAFF VERY WELL, TO THE EXTENT THAT, MY ABSENCE SOMETIMES CREATES SOME EMBARASSMENT TO BOTH STAFF MEMBERS AND CLIENTS
very unprofessional
residential councelor (Current Employee), Langhorne,PaMay 18, 2014
alot of gossip, backstabbing, drama, not really there for the clients. management does what they want. hostile work environment at times. not paid enough for the work required to do.
A student bartender is a great way to make money if you can balance your time.
Student Manager (Current Employee), Oxford, OHMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work. Shifts go by quickly, great management and owner. Hardest part of the job is working too much, but you will always get time off when you need it.
woods
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAMarch 5, 2014
Counseling and supervising clients in their daily routine. Helping them in daily grooming and meals. cleaning and taking them to daily residential activities. Having contact with clients parents or guardians on their daily progress,. Management was very professional as were a majority of the co workers. The hardest part of the employ was switching to different clients daily. The most enjoyable is seeing that your work as a counselor benefits the client and seeing their growth in personal independence.
Friendly, lots of team work and a successful company
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 28, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, productive and lots of team work
Cons: breaks limited to only lunch and no job security/stability
A typical work day for Woods, Oviatt, Gilman would be collecting on delinquent accounts with a set goal that is individualized for every staff to meet, Inbound/Outbound calls, payment arrangements, payments in the form of ACH and/or debit/credit card. Also every collection staff had to multi-task while assisting a consumer by phone while navigating through the computer system and Skip tracing to find a consumer.
Productive and fun working place with lot of sports and games
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch for employee
Cons: n/a
I really enjoy everyday at work, most especially with those whom i serve. I learn new things each day i go to work. I learn that every human gets different feelings everyday, everyday brings new approach to solving problems, and learn new things, information from those i serve. The management team was polite, easy to deal with in line with communication and passing on directions. My co-workers are helpful, understandable and always willing to assist in time of duty. There were no time where i face any hard time on the job. My job was good because it is my passion. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be at work everyday, because it is a fun, where i share with co-workers, those i serve, and the management team.
Excellent work enviroment for healthcare
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: enjoyable work enviroment
Cons: the paperwork is achievable but heavy
I enjoyed greatly the challenges and gifts of working with the youth at woods. They are all unique and beautiful kids to work with. It is very rewarding to see them heal, grow, and mature.
Good place to build on your career
Program Supervisor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAAugust 9, 2012
Pros: good benefits package
Cons: not a bad place to work
wonderful work environment, rich with diversity among employees and staff. has good benefits and lots of overtime depending on position.
Over all a good place to work.
Gen. Worker (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 23, 2012
Pros: exelent pay and raises
Cons: waiting for the next job
Exelent
Enderance
Vary helpful
Always friendly
Leaving for the day
Going to work
A place full of learning and interactment with clients
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAApril 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches. vacation time. school assistants
Cons: no respect for employees. under paid.
A place to help individuals to get halfway back on their feet and to move on to bigger and better job experiences.

Woods Salaries