Woodspring Suites Employee Reviews

it was just a job at the end
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 8, 2018
typical day was okay, at times testy. corporate changes. Management changed. I learned a lot partically about the PTACs. travelling to other properties is help the other MT's.
Pros
the monthly pizza day
Nice part time 2nd job
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Bragg - Fayetteville, NCJanuary 19, 2018
I started working at Woodspring suites this past December. I like it. I stay busy and productive and the pay is decent. I am a front desk clerk/guest services assistant, but we do everything. There is alot of laundry! Alot! The housekeeping staff is short handed but they do their best when supervised. I don't mind helping others so it's not a problem for me, but coworkers complain about having to help housekeeping. The guests are friendly for the most part. We get alot of excuses about why they can't pay their bills. That's a little frustrating. Management is decent and available most of the time. I like the job and would recommend it to others.
Work Place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 30, 2017
The hotel was an extended stay the hours would 5 hrs or less you would do laundry and because there was not there to do it and the hotel would run out of everything not a good work place
Great manager, but not so good property/position
Guest Attendant/Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2017
Management is fantastic here and is always looking out for employees. That said it is not a great work environment outside of that and the hours are very inconsistent
Front desk
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 29, 2017
It's not to bad to work there as long as you like staying busy. I may just be a gsa but when I'm there on the weekends I do pretty much everything. It's never boring and the customers are usually pretty nice and will talk. Just wish the pay was better or actually get raises.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Needs pay raises
Never a dull moment
MAINTENANCE TECH (Former Employee) –  omaha neNovember 13, 2017
Always busy, management is fair. there is cross training so that employees can work in different environments while earning extra money. The guest are wonderful people.
Difficult property
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 11, 2017
AGM/ personal I was very productive in building a team and turning hotel around. Interviewed, hired, trained, coached and dismissed employees.Got revenue up through sales and marketing more companies
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
New management, cliques within management, no confidentially
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, IAOctober 3, 2017
Do not work here if you want a stress free life. They do not take to you about anything, they document everything you do. Management team will sit in the office in talk about staff.
Local is great
Head Housekeeper/Guest Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day is laundry (a LOT of laundry), checking guests in and out, taking payments (and listening to excuses about why they don't have their payment, but will), checking rooms to make sure check outs have actually left, answering phones, and if necessary do some cleaning around the building. Everyone is very friendly and personable; we are as much friends as we are coworkers.
Pros
Friendly people, manager makes you feel appreciated
Cons
Levels above manager do not make you feel appreciated.
Friendly Environment . . .Overworked
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 17, 2017
The on-boarding process was quick and easy. I was offered a job, hired, and starting working within 72 hours. The work environment is relaxed and non-competitive. The staff is friendly and team-oriented.

The work load to compensation ratio is unbalanced. Front Desk Agents are required to do a lot: front desk supervision, janitorial work, laundry, housekeeping, and maintenance (from time to time). The pay is above industry average for the area but it is not a livable wage especially considering that I usually work about 60 hours per week.

The customers, for the most part, are friendly.

Job advancement opportunity is questionable. There is no clear career path that the company offers. No clear objective about how to advancement. Advancement choices seem arbitrary.

I would recommend this business for anyone that enjoys laborious work and does mind getting as much overtime as they would like.
Pros
Relaxed environment; friendly co-workers; family vibe
Cons
Laborious shift; poor pay; unclear career path
It's a job
Guest Service Representative Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Working at wordspring suites has taught me that the only thing that the upper management worries about is money. They don't care about their employees they put down stress and in attainable goals for the managers at the hotels and the managers trickling it down to their workers. I will never work at another woodspring suites again.
fun place
Front Desk Receptionist/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 31, 2017
the different accents that I in container on a daily base from all over the world. meeting all the guest needs and wants gave me the joy. I have managed the plave on the weekends when mangers are off and during emergencies
worst experience ever
Property Attendant (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJAugust 29, 2017
cannot begin to describe issues with:

Management, Owners, Personalities, and the way people are taken advantage of and constantly reminded that they are expendable. I worked here for 3 months, never had a weekend off, and my manager was replaced 4 times. BS.
Productive atmosphere
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 23, 2017
Great environment to work at Evey one are respectful and hard workers the pay is OK the work space is comfortable all round good place.I would love to work here as long as I could its a very well place to stay and work at the customers are very happy with the services and employees its kind of like home you can say
This company is not easy to work for.
HEAD-HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2017
I have not had the best time working for this company. The management, although caring and smart, did not follow through with a lot of promises. the CEO was positive and supportive. The onsite management started to show that she cared but would rather be anywhere but there.
Stressful
Night Manager/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCAugust 22, 2017
Go in at 3 pm on a Friday and not get off until Monday morning at 9 am. Responsible for front desk, making sure maids and maintenance did their jobs, finishing any work not done by others, getting change if enough not left by general manager, take care of all emergencies, no support
Pros
occasional free lunch or dinner, long time residents try to look out for you
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare, no benefits
Went from the best to worst
Front Desk Representative/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2017
So I was the average guy who did what he was told day in and day out never had any issues but minor ones like we all do only had 1 write up in 9 months I worked there and I was fired because of an issue with a guest who had trouble paying her room and so forth never thought I would be disrespected as I have been with being fired in front of another employee and after the help I have put in yes I am sad I am leaving because it's a great place just watch what you do there basically no fun no friends anything and with the position I held no life so be careful when you choose to work at the woodspring suites as a Night Guest Service Representative it has been fun but managers need to help employees and not always believe guests when there was solid proof on cameras
Pros
Free room with select position
Cons
Management No time for yourself
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 23, 2017
My typical day at Woodspring Suites is coming in, clocking in, speaking to 2nd shift about what all happened during their shift, counting down my drawer, running the nightly audit, making reservations if needed, answering phone calls, sometimes I'll engage in conversation with some of the guests. This past eight months of working here i have learned not everyone is going to be on the same team as you, even if they're supposed to be. So I'd say say working with some of the staff would have to be the hardest part of my job. Overall I enjoy working at Woodspring Suites. Working with and talking to so many different people and personalities is exciting. However some of the staff aren't much of a team player.
Pros
guests, conversation, meeting new people
Cons
staff
Woodspring Suites
Front Deak Agent / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 3, 2017
This place is great to work for and the Staff there are great. The pay isn't the best, but they offer an incentive check, and housing if needed. I would recommend this place to anyone! It's also a great hotel!!!
Pros
Incentives, housing
Cons
Pay / Benefits
Good and clean work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Northcharleston ScJune 9, 2017
Awesome Company love working there.I would recommend Woodspring Suites to anyone for employment They keep it together.No problems Good environment.A typical day at work is cleaning public spaces and then cleaning rooms. The hardest part of the job is keeping the trash areas from overflowing .
Pros
Excellent eork atmosphere
Cons
Hard to get the hrs needed