Woodstream Corporation Employee Reviews

Too much work, too few people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJuly 9, 2016
Good company with some good people. Customer Service is overwhelming with too many accounts and too few reps. Management not up to responsibility.
Pros
Can be fun at times
Cons
overwhelming
Type A Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PASeptember 16, 2015
Stuffy place attempting to be innovative without the infrastructure or budgetary flexibility to do so. Be prepared to get disappointed when attempting to get internal buy-in for almost anything outside of your own group. I now know that it's a red flag when people say "It's okay you won't know what's going on for the first six months. I didn't either."
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
Poor compensation, no onboarding, low cross-team cooperation
Shipping/Recieving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 22, 2015
Good place to work. Workload is light to moderate.Learned in great detail the ins and outs of a warehouse.My co-workers were easy to work with.The work is not hard.The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off
Cons
Short Breaks
Stable employment with job security
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAMay 8, 2015
Overall good experience. Could use more training for new people and a documented vision/mission/values statement. Tremendous internal talent that could be leveraged to drive more success.
Strong Company, trying to grow
National Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  NationalFebruary 27, 2014
The hardest part of my job was to take the rules and policies of a Mass and Distribution focused company and teach them to provide Customer Service and product to the Gift Industry. The day to day consisted of phone time with upset customers, problems with orders, needs of customers that were not "allowed" by Company policies. With the Gift Industry not being understood by Management it was an uphill battle that I enjoyed fighting for. I enjoyed working with the Mom and Pop Stores, with the Rep Groups, and doing the Trade-Shows. My co-workers for the most part were very welcoming and helpful even though I worked remotely. I learned that diversity in a company is great for learning and expansion if the right programs are offered and adhered to. Relationships with the customers and Reps must be good and maintained to achieve growth even if the Company rules, don't fit your industry or channel well. I was able to grow as a Sales Manager and a person, here and that is much appreciated.
Pros
Able to work remotely, 40-50% travel, compensation and benefits
Cons
Inability to bend with the needs of the Gift Industry, unwillingness to try
Challenging & mentally stimulating
CUSTOMER CARE ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PADecember 20, 2013
Demanding but rewarding. Not for slackers. Great co-workers. Lots of opportunities to learn new things. Lots of training provided. A place to grow your skill sets.
Pros
Lots of lunch meetings - free lunches
Cons
Lots of lunch meetings
Productive but mismanaged
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PADecember 3, 2013
Great products, nice people but a very lackluster work culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodstream Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9