Woodward MPC Employee Reviews in United States

Worst place I ever worked for.
Nozzle dept. (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 15, 2016
The HR dept. rep is not honest at all. I asked about a job posting and if I could still bid on it. She tole me it was taken down because it already expired. I found out later that same day she told another person she personal likes that it was still open and she could bid on it. That person ended up getting the job obviously. This place tells you that their all ethical and fair on everyone but they pick and choose who they want to get promoted. Stay far away from this company. The HR dept. will stab you in the back.
Pros
None.
Cons
LIES, LIES and more LIES!
HR dept is very unprofessional
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMay 18, 2016
After leaving due to butting heads, my next employer contacts the HR rep. and wants info to verify dates of employment. The rep. never replies to numerous contacts via email and fax. This company is very unprofessional and childish. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Just a pay check
Cons
HR rep. needs to grow up.
a productive and very fun place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 22, 2016
you learn a lot from everyone. management is great and coworkers are extremely friendly. the working environment is an excellent one.
TEST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 1, 2015
I have been working in Woodward for 10 years.Its a lot of opportunities in this Company.Rulls are clear. A lot of traning and meetings. Good benefits
Not a bad place, just not great.
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMay 14, 2014
I have never worked in a place with so much dissension between management and workers, specifically within production and development. I think this is likely because WWD has some really incompetent and obtuse people in managerial positions. The bonus package for management is superior to all other workers. The supervisors are very good, but mid to upper level???? The pay is good for white collar, but not that good for blue (so I was told). It is good place to work, if you work under the right manager. Their sales in Zeeland are stagnant if not falling off to historic lows, lots of layoffs in 2013. I wonder if they will even stay in Zeeland.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, bonus
Cons
mid to upper level management
be prepared to be just a number
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  skokie nilesMarch 20, 2013
Worked their for nearly a decade, once woodward took over the company took a nose dive , as far as their value in the employee. Used to be a great company to work at. Woodward not only lied to mpc, but also changed people into terrible people. Now all they want is to under pay staff, ignore protocol, the inhouse union is a joke with no real power. If you dont care about being a valued member and only interested in benefits , great company . But watch your back and keep your head down , your expendable if you get on the wrong side of the clique, the HR clique and Puerto rican clique

This is for the niles skokie location
benefits
Cons
horrible management
Follow strict process guidelines even if they are not applicable to the marketplace
Power management (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 28, 2012
At the top [executive] level, the company exhibits high levels of integrity and ethics. However, when you drill down into the day-to-day management style, improving margins and pleasing your boss are the only goals and GM's will do ANYTHING to fulfill the 2 objectives.
Pros
compensation plan
Cons
middle management with little regard for employees or methods
Worst Employer Ever.....Avoid This Place
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 18, 2014
I Totally Agree With Anonymous, This Company Was A Good Company Until Woodward Aquired It. They Have Consistantly Taken Every Incentive Away To Work There. Now Its A Hostile Work Enviroment With A Culture Of Fear And Mistrust. I Was There For 8 Years And I Should Had Left Long Ago. Their Constantly Moving People Around. Typically Management Is In Meetings Every Other Day Crunching Numbers For Reports Then On The Shop Floor To Demand Unrealistic Ship Dates, Specifically In Electronics and Repair Dept. Where I Had 4 Different Supervisors In One Year, and Moved Back And Forth Between Repair And Production Depts. Because Of Office Politics. Engineering Support Is Them Arguing With Supervisors and Planners. The Ops Manager Is The Worst And Expects Inexperienced Assemblers to Test With O-Scopes And DMM's and Techs To Assist With Assembly For Production. Supervisors Dont Even Have A Understood Proceedure To Order Parts For Replacement From Inventory, They Dont Have A Established Proceedure For Training. All Training Is Heresay Between Techs. And Now Because They Cant Manufacture A Qualitiy Product They Are Farming Out The Work To A Third Party Company To Make The PCB's. How They Get Away With On Time Delivery Of 40% From Their Customers Is Unbelievable. Its No Secret To Employees That Customers Are Showing Up Almost Daily To Police There Products In Assembly. There Profits Are Increasing Probably Due to Annual Price Increases. Shipments Are Constantly Being Missed.
Again ....Avoid This Place
Pros
annual bonus, good place to get experience
Cons
consistant harassment by inexperienced management.
Great place to learn
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2014
A great place to learn the business side of manufacturing industry.Great work culture.
Only worked 5 month contract, but great work environment
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 7, 2013
As contractor, only allowed to wor 40 hours a week. Never evaluated or counseled by any manager. Learned new to work with CMMI AGILE repository. Co-workers were friendly but suspicious of any change or differing procedures. The hardest part of the job was finding enough work to fill my time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the stressless environment, for a contractor anyway.
Pros
friendly and courteous co-workers
Cons
co-worker's resistance to new ideas and operating procedures.
i loved the company, wish i could go back.
aerospace assembler (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 19, 2014
i loved working there, good people and company. sorry they let alot of us go . i would go back in a flash if they called me. close to home and the hours were great.
n/a
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 15, 2014
It was a learning experience from day one and througout my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodward MPC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8