Woodward Employee Reviews

Member based quality culture
Electrical Engineering Development Technician (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILAugust 3, 2017
The members want to provide quality products. The management has bad tunnel vision and tends to hinder progress. The age of the company speaks volumes, but there is definitely a low employee morale.
Good, secure place to work.
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ilAugust 2, 2017
Woodward pays competitively and offers great benefits. Early advancement opportunities are very good, however advancement opportunities are limited after the first few years. They do offer tuition reimbursement to allow employees to get education for further advancement.
Pros
Great benefits, tuition reimbursement, overtime opportunities.
Cons
Management can be difficult to work with. Culture is lacking.
Pays well
Electron Beam Welder (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMay 30, 2017
Good if you want a longterm decent income. Can get boring not a lot of advancement. I was wanting to advance and learn more but they kept hiring new supervisors and the they didn't really know a lot about the work so it became a hostile environment for me to work in since it seemed like keeping a job there was fight or flight. I honestly just wanted to be left alone to work get paid go home and repeat but i was constantly bothered and asked to renew my weld qualifications
Pros
Benefits, can leave workplace to use the restroom
Cons
work a lot of weekends mandatory
good place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILMay 21, 2017
Its a good place to work, in most cases they want a lot of hours out of you. great benefits, management some good some not so good. I liked what i did, it was always shift against shift, 1st shift created a lot of drama ( one person did )
Good place for a career
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 10, 2017
Woodward being a global company, there are many opportunities for interaction with different people in various countries. The company is very focused on continual growth, and solid performance. Profit sharing and other benefits have been very good.
Great people
Director of Business Unit Finance (ITS) (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 15, 2017
Not a fast growth company but great people. The industries are not growing currently and profitability is being squeezed but great engineering and ops teams help minimize the impact.
Great co-workers
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Clean air conditioned place to work with co-workers who share their knowledge with you. Work place has many available tools you can get anytime to make production deadlines.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Management and advancement opportunities
Great team and a good place to work
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 21, 2016
Woodward has a great group of people and is a fantastic place to work. The markets the do business in are not growing right now so there isn't a ton of promotional opportunities or new positions open.
Pros
Great co-workers, and good work life balance
Cons
advancement tends to be slow
Great place for internship
Sustaining Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CANovember 3, 2016
Woodward is a great company to work for and as an intern I have been given many opportunities to explore the different responsibilities an entry level engineer will have. I have learned how to effectively interact and communicate with other engineers, machinists, and technicians. Additionally, management is very flexible with my schedule as a full-time student.
Pros
Compensation, management, comfortable environment
Productive and fun workplace with great benefits. No job security
Senior Designer Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILOctober 26, 2016
Productive and fun workplace with great benefits. No job security though. You would never know when I will be needed anymore

Want to know more about Woodward?

Ask a question
Very interesting place to work
Sr. Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILOctober 25, 2016
very busy industry
learned new operating programs
diverse management
diverse co-workers
great department manager
Global corporation with job opportunities all over the world. I can't say too much because the industry is Military and aerospace and most of the products are proprietary.
Pros
good perks that come with the job
Cons
lots of changes
good place to work if you get hired on full time there are many oppurtunities to advance
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COAugust 24, 2016
I've been working here for nineteen years. it has been very good to me. the benefits are very good and the people are good to work with it is a growing company. The only reason I'm considering leaving is
I am wanting to return to my home town.
Pros
good benefits, good people
Cons
can be stressful, lots of overtime
Great employer!
Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 12, 2016
This company offers great benefits and allows for overtime hours. It is a fast paced environment which requires a knack for attention to detail.
Like working in a Divergent Movie
Global Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 6, 2016
Command and control environment. Internal politics rival the current 2016 presidential campaign, establishment -vs- the outsiders. The establishment always wins.
Pros
High margin business with entranced customers
Cons
You have to stay in your faction to survive.
Woodward
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 26, 2016
Woodward is a company in Fort Collins that makes products in the energy and aerospace markets. Turbomachinery, Aerospace, Engines, Governors.
Stable
Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 7, 2016
Love working for Woodward great for my family in terms of time and flexible. Great work life balance and still one of the best companies in the area.
Pros
Medical, Flexible
Cons
Thinking outside the box
Creative group of professionals bringing solutions to aircraft challenges.
CAD Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 5, 2016
This group's products are top quality and the safety of aircraft passengers is paramount in the minds of those I have worked with. Constant improvement cycles are discussed and reviewed to insure major aircraft companies are receiving the best, safest and most reliable possible products every time.

While there IS pressure during "time-crunches" preparing fro design reviews, management never made us feel our individual contributions didn't have value-added worth. If given the opportunity, I would gladly accept long or short-term employment again.
Pros
Creative environment, good team efforts/recognition
Cons
Customers can change requirements quickly without logical reasons.
Good Company
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VAJune 19, 2016
Great company to work for starting out. The only issue is that there isn't any consistency in the work, so you don't know if you'll have work from day to day.
Great
member of the A.M.P. Scholarship Program (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMay 1, 2016
There are plenty of people happy to help and some who are not so much. Overall I got alot of experience and made friends along the way.
Pros
Ac
Average pay, great benefits
NPI Supply Chain Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAApril 27, 2016
Its hard to advance. We have lost a lot of great employees and they have not been replaced making it more difficult to balance the workload.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, 401K 4.5% match
Cons
Pay, no work life balance