Woolpert Employee Reviews in United States

Woolpert is growing and changing and having all the excitement associated with that.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2016
Woolpert recently turned over all upper management and turned itself around from a precarious financial situation. As such, for some more long term employees, some of the radical changes have been painful, however, the changes have infused new energy and excitement in this great company. Terrific to work for! Management encourages and strives to support employee growth and development.
Pros
Management supports growth and development
Cons
Going through a lot of growing pains still.
Large multi-state company
land surveyor (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 10, 2016
I was a field worker, I had a company truck which I took home along with all my survey equipment. I spent very little time at the office my worked was sent to me via computer. Do to the to the type of equipment I used,GPS and robotics for the past 12 years I've worked alone.

My job included alot of physical activity, walking, carrying the equipment and materials,lifting manholes pounding stakes in the ground for contruction layout in all types of weather and conditions.
Because my job sometimes included doing work on several railroads and a few airports I've had several backround checks.
Excellent company with good benefits and very competent support staff that are always available.
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJanuary 7, 2013
Very good company that is an excellent fit for my skill set. Work environment consists of traveling to base or telecommuting.
Pros
laptop with all the updated gis and remote sensing software.
Cons
no local office and only meet with co-workers on a monthly basis.