Woolpert Employee Reviews

Old fashioned
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Very slow to update processes.
My manager was great and the people there were great. There was nothing hard about the job.
They took my job and split it between other offices. I only worked there about 5 months.
Woolpert is growing and changing and having all the excitement associated with that.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2016
Woolpert recently turned over all upper management and turned itself around from a precarious financial situation. As such, for some more long term employees, some of the radical changes have been painful, however, the changes have infused new energy and excitement in this great company. Terrific to work for! Management encourages and strives to support employee growth and development.
Pros
Management supports growth and development
Cons
Going through a lot of growing pains still.
Large multi-state company
land surveyor (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 10, 2016
I was a field worker, I had a company truck which I took home along with all my survey equipment. I spent very little time at the office my worked was sent to me via computer. Do to the to the type of equipment I used,GPS and robotics for the past 12 years I've worked alone.

My job included alot of physical activity, walking, carrying the equipment and materials,lifting manholes pounding stakes in the ground for contruction layout in all types of weather and conditions.
Because my job sometimes included doing work on several railroads and a few airports I've had several backround checks.
Company has potential to be great but lacks quality leadership.
Employee (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 25, 2012
Compensation does not meet industry standards. Leadership is out of touch with the staff. Disorganized leadership and lackluster corporate structure. Slow to move on business opportunities, relies too heavily on lobbyists for generating new work and opportunities. Managers subcontract out to companies owned by relatives.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
poor compensation and benefits, disorganized management, too many mid level managers.

2.6