Wooster Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 10, 2017
Recommend this job for anyone wanting a good place to work. Great benefits and nice people. Good hourly pay with cafeteria on site and great job security
It's challenging
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 23, 2017
It's a great place to work. I work at the Gym part of the Hospital, and it's called Health Point. I work the 3rd shift. The staff here at Health Point is very nice and courteous. The job it self is challenging and rewarding all in the same sense.
Pros
You get health insurance, raises, you also get a discount for the massage
Cons
You work alone, and have no supervisor where you are at
Excellent Hospital
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor/Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHOctober 11, 2016
Excellent facility with great co-workers. There was difficulty in managing work hours with an hourly position. Often times having to hang around waiting for your next paid hour
Small Hospital located on Wooster, Ohio
Interim Manager Surgical Service (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 29, 2016
Small hospital where everyone new everyone's name. Typical day started with early morning rounds.I learned how that there were decision meetings set up to include staff. There was also a once a day meeting to discuss projections for the next day which also included patient information. My supervisor started around the same time I did. She and I were learning the ways of the hospital. The hardest part was driving in the snow. the most enjoyable was ths staff knew each other.
Pros
Small hospital
training was not helpful
unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHDecember 18, 2015
co-worker was not helpful in teaching position requirements.
Hardest part of job was not being given the proper training, even after voicing the problem to management.
The best park of the job was pay and benefits.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
absentee policy was unreasonable, training was poor at best
Hospital
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at the hospital; I would be the 1st one in at the office. I would check the phone for messages. Set up the waiting room for the patients. I would get the charts ready for the dietitians. I would register the patients as they came in for their appointment, I would call the patients for tomorrow appointments(reminder calls) , If i had time i would call the insurance companies to check for coverage. I would update excel and patients charts on the computer. At the end of the day I set up the charts for the next day and do the billing. I would be the last one out of the office.
Pros
free lunches
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHOctober 1, 2015
As a registered nurse, I have a variety of different activities that I participate in and assist with. In addition, I care for several patients throughout my shift.
good place to work
emergency room rn (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 1, 2015
WCH pays very well for area with decent benefits, sometimes too much emphasis on press ganey surveys. The hospital also does profit sharing with employees which is a very good benefit. I did not agree with their sick protocols
Pros
pay
Cons
friendly professional place to work
RN Charge and IV PICC Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJuly 6, 2015
Very well managed, clean environment. Focused on patient care and good patient outcomes. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Overall a great place to work
Pros
good pay and benefits
Fast paced and Friendly
Accounting (Former Employee) –  AccountingJune 8, 2015
Employees always willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job is to complete the tasks without working overtime.
Pros
PERS benefit
Cons
Under staffed
Great co-workers and nurse's
Emergency Department Registrar (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMay 16, 2015
Fast passed but the best nurse's. Quality care. Each memeber of the ER will help each other out and help lift them up on a bad day.
Friendly and very helpful staff
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHDecember 29, 2014
Professional staff is extremely dedicated and would often work off-hours in order to accommodate patient needs. I learned that less than half of the population has the ability to truly see themselves for who they are. The hardest part of the job is to find a way to motivate patients into realizing their health defects didn't happen overnight and that it will take a long road to recovery that they must consistently abide by. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the medical staff and patients. I've developed trusting relations that I will never forget.
My experience could have been better
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHOctober 25, 2014
This just wasn't the place for me there where things that I didn't like
Overall Great Place
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OhioOctober 8, 2014
I enjoyed my work and the people at WCH. The only thing I did not enjoy were the hours. I had to swing shifts and work some days and some nights which, as a single mother at the time, was very difficult.
A day at wooster hospital
Patient Care Assistant/PARAMEDIC (Current Employee) –  WOOSTER OHIODecember 2, 2013
Taking care of any needs a patient may need, giving emotional support, drawing blood repositioning patients in bed, test waling patients, starting ivs, ability to give meds. I leared that there are many types of people and in order to get along with each and ever one of them you have to adapt to different cultures and part of the community. Hardest part of my job is when an infant comes into the er not breathing or has a pulse, ped full arrests is the worst part of my job. I enjoy the people, again there are all types and they are fun to get to know.
Pros
GET TO MEET PEOPLE ABILITY TO WORK THROUGH STRESS FULL SITUATIONS
Cons
STRESS FULL SITUATIONS
Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 25, 2013
I work Full time in the Nuclear Medicine Department of a 110 bed hospital.
My co workers make up a great team.
I feel the team work here is fantastic and hope that where ever I go I have the same thing.
I really enjoy what I do and I feel very fortunate.
Pros
very limited call schedule. sat and sun from 0600-1500 only.
Cons
i really can't think of any.
work
Title Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHDecember 10, 2012
loved tis job was more of a family of co-workers worked 7p-7a
I did like this job. It was different everyday.
OR scheduler (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHSeptember 2, 2012
I scheduled all the outpatient and inpatient surgeries for the hospital. Overall I did like this job, but wanted to be at home with my daughter. There was something different everyday.
Pros
seeing the different surgeries.
Cons
the hours and had to be there no matter what the weather.
Great place to work. Great place for advancement.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJuly 25, 2012
Great benefits, great people to work with. The management teams are helpful.
benefits
Cons
attendance policy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wooster Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Wooster Community Hospital Reviews by Location