Work N Gear Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Easy place to work for
key holder (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 4, 2015
Easy place to work for, a lot of down time. Wasn't a place for me, I need fast pace and something to make me grow and be the best I can be for the company!
Very productive and goal oriented environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 21, 2014
I would open the store early in the morning and make a bank deposit for the money made the day before. I would come back and work on inventory as I instruct my employees on their daily duties. I also would help out with their task as well as finish mine. Greeting customers was a must. The manager was very nice and energetic. My co-workers were amazing. Their was nothing hard about this job because I really enjoyed working here and being an assistant manager. The most enjoyable part was Saturday's because it was our slowest days and I got to know the co-workers more.
Pros
i learned how to be in charge of others and not abuse my authority.
Great co-workers and Customer Service
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILNovember 8, 2013
Work n Gear was a great place to get experience in Customer Service and Managerial experience. On the job it is very ordinary to be alone for a few hours which meant becoming your own boss and spreading yourself throughout the store to make sure the patrons are having a good shopping experience. This was a pro and con, sometimes the store was so busy that you were running around constantly either getting boots off the wall, finding shoe sizes in the stockroom, helping customers find sizes in work clothes, opening fitting rooms, cashiering and answering phones, placing kiosk orders until a co-worker showed up. If you were a key holder most of the time you opened alone or closed alone. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that all of the experiences you got from this job will further you experience in management and customer service.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
alot of time alone at night without any kind of security system
Very helpful with companies that need product for their employees
Customer service (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJuly 30, 2013
A work day was sometime busy and sometimes very slow, it all depended on the weather outside. Work N Gear is a great company for anyone that works in the health care and construction workers. There is product for males and females. Any company can come into Work N Gear and order anything that they need. The co-workers are very helpful to costumers and other co-workers. Everyone in the company starting from managers to sales clerk all keep in contact to see how each others store is doing. The hardest part of working at Work N Gear is to know all the product and getting to know the business that come into buy product.
work n gear
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 26, 2012
A typical day working at work n gear was interesting. I looked forward to coming to work everyday. The management was okay. my coworkers was the absolute best. I enjoyed opening and closing the store feeling like a boss.
A Good First Job
KeyHolder (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTApril 8, 2012
I enjoy my job and the people I work with.. they grow close to me and we are like a small family. My typical day at work be cleaning around the store when needed. Hanging and folding clothing. Ringing out customes doing returns and exchanges. We do a lot of diffenet things. Each day is its own day but we always have something to do. My Co- Workers are all diffenet but we all can relate to one another. Yes we have our bad times but we all get along and help each other out when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I help out a customer and they leave satisfied with they came in for. The most hardest part pf my job is whezn I cant get the customer needs no matter how hard I try looking online in our kiosk. Or trying calling other stores.
Pros
meeting new and diffenet people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Work N Gear. Our community is ready to answer.