Work Skills Corporation Employee Reviews

The concept is excellent
Temporary Staffing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIOctober 30, 2017
The concept is a work in progress and I believe there are good intention, professional and dedicated individuals working at this company. I will not judge the actions of few to undermined all the good this Business is doing in the lives of many. Competition for this Business might work out the bad apples - that's a good thought. Maybe there will be a contender soon.
awesome People
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIMay 25, 2017
Team support is very strong, we work together for the benefit of the project. Information is shared, and help given as a matter of course. Fresh insight and ideas are encouraged, and there are no stupid questions.
Loved Working for Workskills
Supplier Tooling Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIMarch 31, 2017
I wish our contract did not end, It was the best working experience I ever had.
I would work for workskills again if given the opportunity.
Everyone should work for such a great company.
okay job to have
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIMarch 31, 2017
they help you with a job when u come home from prison I think that is a wonderful thing but you work hard and they will see that you are a wonderful worker but they pay you pennies
this place is ALL about making a buck
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 3, 2016
job status is always uncertain
poor communication
management is riddled with politics (I mean sure what isn't political but here it is ridiculous)
staff unprepared
no training
nepotism
poor follow through

i did have some nice coworkers and of course i liked working with the clients...but you can find this anywhere
Cons
see below
Terrible place to work
Production (Former Employee) –  100 summit st Brighton MiJanuary 9, 2015
Production: This place is a terrible place to work......The Vice President is a bad choice to run the business. She is rude to the workers and staff and she don't like her authority questioned. So yes you should be a yes person and feel at risk if you open your mouth....so yes just agree with her even if you know she is way off base or you will be terminated like I was. Many health hazards such as high noise levels from metal parts being sorted. Fork lifts moving at high speeds that come close to hitting workers, The inside air quality is filled with exhaust and chemical fumes (from stripping engine brackets that workers are subjected to breath) so be careful with this place you may be let go without notice for no reason. If you are a hard worker and career minded person I would stay clear of this company.
Pros
Some good people there, and putting handicap people to work and paroles
Cons
Management, Dirty, Polluted air, poor wages, dangerous working conditions
Fast pace environment
Production Supervisor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIMay 13, 2014
Check daily releases for any schedule changes. Assign personnel to cover production areas. Problem solve production flow to maximize outputs.
Fun place to work
Human Resources Asst./Recruiter/English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 21, 2013
Work Skills Corporation is a nice place to work. The company helps people with barriers to employment and offers job and skill training.
Productive, helpful, and nice workplace.
Archiving (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIMarch 20, 2013
I work alone most of the time in a back archiving room, because i am one of the only two people that do the job. However everyone is very nice, and helpful at the company. It's a very friendly place and I'm glad i got the experience of working here.
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 15, 2012
Good people fun place to work. I enjoyed making friends here and working as a team.
Pros
great environment with great people
Cons
unfortunantly i need a higher income to get by
Fun, nice workplace,pretty relaxed enviroment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 8, 2012
My time at work skills have been great. i learned how to srt car parts. i learned howto work a magnaflux machine. the managment is freandly and my coworkers are very helpful and hardworking. the hardest partof my job would be acually getting to work due to distance. ilove everything about work skills
Pros
luch room
Cons
very short breakd
Had to put up with others who didn't want to work. Knew they'd be glad when I left.
Sheltered Workshop Employee (Former Employee) –  near Willow Run Airport at the timeJanuary 28, 2012
One supervisor did what he could to promote me. Another made me walk on eggshells around her. I worked well enough to keep working while others were temporarily laid off.