Workbox Staffing Employee Reviews

Internal (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJanuary 13, 2017
If you are looking for a company to grow with this is the company. You can start anywhere and work your way to the top. Money is there if you work for it.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Hard work
Wow
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 28, 2016
Major issue the job didn't even match my resume I thought I would take it and deal with it but 8 hours no break no way. I went back asked if I could be placed somewhere else didn't meet my needs so I scrammed. Second time I went through them and wasn't satisfied
Pros
Fast placement
Cons
Placement doesnt fit criteria
good work place.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newaygo, MIDecember 17, 2016
hard work.
how to be a responsible worker.
very nice coworkers.
very goo nice people.
hard work.
very fun work.
very good place to work i loved this company it is very fun to work.
Pros
decent hours.
Cons
health care.
Industrial Work
Foundry Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 6, 2016
Torch, arc, and grind metal casting parts, and made them finished casting parts. The hardest part was grinding hot parts and only have a limited amount of time.
Ok
Asembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 29, 2016
I worked via workbox. The video i watched did not relate to the job i was assigned to do. Also the reason the company gave to let me go was an utter lie. I was told well it is what it is, i had to accept it.
Pros
Imeediate work.
Cons
Lack of training. Semi-professional
The job was fun, liked the people I worked with, learned a lot about the different jobs.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 14, 2016
The job was fun and a learning experience but, was sent home early twice, then was told to report at my scheduled time the following Monday. Than received a call Monday not to report due to my lack of performance and coming in to work.
Pros
learning new jobs.
Cons
no training, just put you on a job and never gave you a chance to learn the job to get familiar with it.
Horrible direction
Associate (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MINovember 5, 2016
There's nothing good to say. Get ready for intimidation and a complete lack of respect. They'll scratch themselves and release gas your desk, knock you phone off the desk in disgust when they can't figure out the voicemail, storm around berating people, and change their minds about your direction without any reasons.
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible treatment and leadership
Good work environment.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  White Cloud, MINovember 4, 2016
They were all pretty good companies that I work for. The work was okay wasn't too hard but sometimes the work spaces were too tight at time . AT times it felt like you didn't have enough room to work at a very fast pace. And if you were a temp there they didn't treat you like one of the regular employees.
Pros
Work by myself a lot
Cons
Didn't have very good Training
Fast paced, hard working environment.
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 1, 2016
I definitely appreciate and enjoy my experiences! During my time spent here has been I've been dedicated to deliver and perform the long hours required while working at productive fast paced tempo.
Nice place to work for temporary jobs
Contract Worker/ Temporary (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MIOctober 8, 2016
The employees are very thorough and place you at a site immediately for work. You are paid weekly and on time i have no complaints about this job .Some jobs are better than others
Pros
start immediately
Cons
temporary, some jobs are short term
basic factory work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 19, 2016
I liked that they always had assignments for me but the assignments never lasted long so i was never able to get any constant income. I would have loved to continue working for Workbox but I needed stability.
Pros
shifts
Cons
doesnt last long
Quick to give new assignments
General Laborer/Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Newaygo, MIJune 18, 2016
Great team players learned how to properly fill out production logs I could work at my own pace to meet the demand of parts.
Pros
Free ice water
Cons
Short term assignments
Temporary agency
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJune 16, 2016
This staffing agency is decent they look for jobs like their supposed to but they constantly move you from place to place.
Takes time to match skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 7, 2016
Company makes every effort to match employees with positions that fit thier skills or interest. Takes time in interview to understand employee and what will make them successful in their next job. Workbox is only as successful as the employee is when starting a new job, our hope is that everybody has an opportunity to do a job that they enjoy whether short or long term assignments.
Pros
A variety of jobs to offer
Great Company to Work for
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJune 7, 2016
I have worked in the Staffing Industries for 27 Years and Workbox Staffing is by far the best company I have worked for. The owners and upper management are very involved to help you succeed in your position. You couldn't work for a better company then Workbox.
Pros
Great Company and Owners
Great place to work!
New Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 7, 2016
I have been with Workbox Staffing since 2010 and have worked my way up within the company. The environment can be very fast paced, demanding and stressful at times but the rewards are worth the hard work. There is the potential to work long hours depending on customer demands. Upper management is doing their best to provide continuing education for their employees on HR laws and practices. Management also takes the time to hear ideas and concerns of their employees and does their best to implement ideas. I do believe management has our best interests in mind and want not only the company but their employees to be successful. My co-workers are great! They are funny, hard working and competitive. They care about the applicants and employees that we place by advocating for them. The hardest part of the job is that we cannot guarantee people for our customers and they do get frustrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing about success stories of our placements from both clients and employees. I truly believe we make a difference in the community and hope we continue on that path!
Pros
Flexibility, approachable management, friendly atmosphere, great vacation package that builds on longevity, medical is 100% paid for the employee
Cons
Growing pains in the last few years
work preview
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 4, 2016
this is a temporary work service that employed me in a long term direct hire work positionwork was steady and took a long time
In-touch and Innovative
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2016
Great company to work for. In the ever changing world that we live in, our management is always on top of the newest methods and software in the industry. They are always open to ideas and suggestions to make our lives easier. Your expectations are clear and you work towards those daily. There is a strong sense of "TEAM" in this company. The staff does what they can to help each other out no matter what branch you work at. They are very helpful and welcoming. They are a very hard working group of people and if you work hard you will love it too! I welcomed a new opportunity and have appreciated every bit of it. The staff genuinely cares about the welfare of the candidates that we place. My manager always says, "The best thing that you can give someone is an OPPORTUNITY"! We strive for this always.
Pros
People are great, Medical Benefits
Hostile Work Environment
Developmental Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 27, 2016
There is nothing positive about this company. The management were very discriminating, verbally abusive and belittling. The recruiters were rude to the temporary employees. Workbox Staffing offered low quality employees, made promises to clients they could not keep.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Everything Else
Terrible Staffing management.
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Finding a job is tough enough in Muskegon & the folks at Muskegon Workbox make it even tougher with 400 working hours paid to Workbox just for finding you a job. That ends up being a minimum of $400.00 & that's only IF they're only taking $1.00 an hour most the time it's anywhere from 2.00 to 3.00 an hour for 400 WORKING HOURS (do the math). Offer of low paying jobs ($9.00) is an insult. The front desk folks are a joke & are in no way skilled enough or educated on how a temp service is run. No one knows much of anything & the one that does isn't ever there. Go to Staffinginc, manpower or Adecco for decent work & better hourly pay. Workbox Staffing aka Phoenix personnel think $9.00 an houris good enough. It's 2016 not 1998 get it together.
Pros
Cons
terrible low pay, keep calling after you've found employment, greedy
Official response from Workbox Staffing
March 28, 2016

We are sorry you had a poor experience with the us. Please consider giving Workbox Staffing another chance. We would be happy to find a job that better fits your criteria.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workbox Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8