Workbox Staffing

Workbox Staffing Employee Reviews

Paid weekly
Receptionist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 28, 2014
A good temp service to work for. Staff are nice and willing to get the information to you, that you need.
Independent high-volume staffing environment
Recruiter (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: a lot of opportunity to take personal responsibility, clients represent many industries
Cons: processes still being developed, mixed bag of professionalism/skills/motivation, ethical issues that are normal for recruiting firms
Great personnel and opportunity to develop skill set in an overall fast paced environment. Very hands-off management.
Very productive but did not last long
Workbox (Former Employee), Jenison, MIAugust 28, 2014
This company as few jobs they gave me kept me busy but Staffing has provided more jobs in faster time.
Loved the Envirioment
Mailer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 9, 2014
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: pretty boring
The HArdest part of the job was staying with the pace of the machine.
A temp agency that was used to find a merchandising position.
Temporary Merchandiser (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: delivered on promised position.
Cons: no follow up communication after completed assignment.
I've never had much experience with temp. agencies. Honestly they were a third party organization that I used to get some experience as a merchandiser with a liquor supplier. It was brief process until I could get an interview with the supplier. For the most part, my time with the liquor supplier was a brief but enjoyable experience. After my bimonthly assignment with the supplier was completed, communication between myself and Workbox was at a minimum after three weeks of no follow up.
Never had work
Laborer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 15, 2013
They never had any jobs......The staff there are rude I don't recomend them to anyone that needs immediate work
Great place to find work
Office assistant (Current Employee), Grand RapidsMarch 9, 2013
Pros: several different positions that i qualified for
Cons: the phones goes to voice mail often but got call back from morgan and got to work
they sent my resume to a few places, I got to pick the job I wanted
Staffing place for temporary workers
Packer/ Inspector (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: make more than minimum wage, easy work
Cons: no health care, cannot talk, short breaks
Alot of the jobs they have to offer are industrial involving factory work. Depending where you work you usually just stand there inspect or pack at fast pace food items. It can either be at part time or full time starting out more than minimum pay.Through these places you can work your way up and become experience and make more income.
excellent place to work for
temp (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 6, 2012
they placed me in jobs where i was qualified and was able to learn new skills
Good paying, decent jobs
Machine Operator/ Packer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 5, 2012
Pretty fast at finding job placements that fit your work history, even if you have none.
Fast-paced work with productive results
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 2, 2012
Pros: breaks every 2 hours
Cons: hard hours (third shift, 10 hour working days)
During my employment with Workbox, I was assigned to work at the Grand Rapids Press. A typical day at the Press would usually result in being assigned to one of three lines which would consist of multiple machines that inserted ads into newspapers. These machines would run at high speeds while the workers 'jogged' ads and placed them into the machines. Learning how to work quickly and effectively with my hands is the only skill I learned on the job. Managing temporary workers could be better, they had a breif and ineffective process of screening the workers work ethics before placing them on the job. Therefore, some of my co-workers were lazy, dishonest, and had been let go and then rehired without an effective screening of their improved work ethics. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was running two to three ads at one time. It allowed me to work at my quickest and best performance to which my reputation with my supervisor gave the impression that I could be handed a difficult job and still impress and succeed. It also gave a sense of accomplishment seeing an empty skid with your forehead dripping with sweat, instead of running a single ad and spending hours standing in place.
Industry