Workbox Staffing Employee Reviews

Boring
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 18, 2017
Did enjoy my assignment. To strict. Not very understanding as far as the assignment. But ladies that work in workbox office are friendly and willing help you
Pros
Cons
Money
Workbox Staffing Company
Warehouse/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MINovember 15, 2017
My typical day on the job was very fun and easy safe work experienced. We was all about team work and communication. The hardest part of the job is operating the machines the proper way. The management was great they trained us very well to be great employees in the work field.
Sloppy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 20, 2017
Workbox itself is just unorganized and sloppy. The pay rates aren’t and the jobs aren’t hiring people in. They only send you to jobs that over work you for little to none in pay
Pure chaos
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 29, 2017
Pay is very minimal EVEN with experience. It's seems to always be hectic when I had been in the office. It was a headache. I would not recommend this temp service for employment.
Pros
Quick job placement
Cons
Poor wages
Heavy lifting low job
Packager (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MISeptember 11, 2017
Packaging car parts, from taking them off the line and wrapping them with the paper and packaging them into boxes. The pay was to low for me to stay so I had to find something with higher pay.
Pros
The shift was at a ok time
Cons
The pay was to low
I am stuck in one position
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 21, 2017
I chose Work Box for my employment (payroll) I was "hired" by a Dr. but I had to find an agency for payroll. I have been with the same Dr. for 8 years and I still work through a temp agency. I would love an opportunity to go elsewhere but Work Box considers it conflict of interest. I have no paid holidays, vacation, sick time, or health benefits. I have called and begged to apply for other positions with the option to fire and rehire me. I am aware that I could look elsewhere, but I am scared to be unemployed.
good overall job placement according to your skills!
general laborer (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MIJuly 9, 2017
jobs i was placed at were good employment, i had no problems with work or staff members or co-workers. things i learned were more forklift skills, and organizing skills. management was good with organizing workers when and where they needed help. hardest part of the job getting used to a first impression at a new job. best part of the job was working in a relaxed atmosphere after getting comfortable with the job.
Pros
comfortable workplaces, close distances to travel to work. easy acceptable work!
Cons
different shifts than you want to work sometimes.
staffing agency that has the longest wait times ever and not very good jobs
Temp (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 27, 2017
Didnt get placed in good jobs at all besides challenge manufacturing and even then it was only because I knew the people outside of work before hand that we all made it a good work day.
Pros
money
Cons
not very good jobs
ok place to work
Plastics Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alto, MIJune 25, 2017
It was ok to work for its a temp service. When I wanted more work closer to home and I didnt want to work with food they wanted to send me to cut up turkeys called me and emailed me about this job even tho I told them I didnt want to cut up turkeys and they always wanted to send me far away from my house even tho I asked them for something closer.
its a job
Factory Workplace Member (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 14, 2017
its a decent place to work if your hard up for money. blah blah blah. i live in michigan and its hot today. i think i will go swimming. I dont like working in factories.
Great management. Works around your schedule
temp worker (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIMay 17, 2017
Excellent job matching. Always positive. Enjoyed working for them. No problem finding temporary assignments for me. Every job I was placed at had a good environment.
PPG great workbox not so much
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 10, 2017
PPG was a great place to work in through workbox but work box is slow on almost everything. Don't miss a day while working through workbox with direct deposit because you wont get your email with your pay stub.
Interesting field and great coworkers offering multiple positions to learn from.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Allendale, MIApril 27, 2017
I enjoy the staff and coworkers and always grateful to learn new facets of several areas of the workforce. They are willing to place you where you are stronger in your skills.
Pros
Learning new thinga and flexible with your needs
Cons
Sometimes you may get an assignment you dislike and isnt made for you
A good company to work though...
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 25, 2017
It is a good company to go though if you need a job. Every friendly people. I had a job that day with no hassle. I would tell anyone about them.if i needed a job i would call them
Works on an individual basis
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 9, 2017
Unlike most temp agencies, workbox will work with you on an individual basis. That means you have one person you talk to on a regular basis instead of whoever the receptionist is.
Internal (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJanuary 13, 2017
If you are looking for a company to grow with this is the company. You can start anywhere and work your way to the top. Money is there if you work for it.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Hard work
Fine when there were jobs available. But, often there were not.
Assembly, packaging, machine operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 29, 2016
Often sporadic jobs, sometimes limited projects available. No benefits offered, Won't offer a minimum rate of pay if the worker is sent home before two hours. $50 bonus if you refer someone to WorkBox. But, WorkBox must send employee on assignment for worker to obtain bonus.
Pros
$50 for anyone who refers a good (working) candidate to WorkBox.
Cons
many placements weren't on the bus line
Wow
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 28, 2016
Major issue the job didn't even match my resume I thought I would take it and deal with it but 8 hours no break no way. I went back asked if I could be placed somewhere else didn't meet my needs so I scrammed. Second time I went through them and wasn't satisfied
Pros
Fast placement
Cons
Placement doesnt fit criteria
good work place.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newaygo, MIDecember 17, 2016
hard work.
how to be a responsible worker.
very nice coworkers.
very goo nice people.
hard work.
very fun work.
very good place to work i loved this company it is very fun to work.
Pros
decent hours.
Cons
health care.
Industrial Work
Foundry Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 6, 2016
Torch, arc, and grind metal casting parts, and made them finished casting parts. The hardest part was grinding hot parts and only have a limited amount of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workbox Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8