Workbridge Associates Employee Reviews

Recruiter
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 5, 2016
I worked at Workbridge Associates for a year and a half, and learned a lot about technical recruiting and account management. Young culture, fast-paced environment.
review
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 30, 2016
Boiler room environment with ridiculous training. Micro managed. They watch your every move. You are constantly tested and expected to hit unattainable metrics.
Pros
experience
Cons
everything
Great place to start and enhance your career
Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
This is a cutting edge opportunity where you will be pushed and under pressure, but you will come out learning and honing in on skills you didn't know you needed for the real world. It's a great opportunity but you must be open to constructive criticism.
Pros
grow your skills quickly, great training program and supportive staff
Cons
you might have to work long hours and the beginning pay isn't strong
Great place to learn
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  33 New MontgomeryOctober 11, 2016
Always learning, always improving. This is a great place to find mentorship.

Typical day starts with a team meeting, then straight into networking calls and placing candidates for jobs.
Alot of production and overall good people to work for and with.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 10, 2016
It was a good place to work. All of us that worked their helped each other out and respected each other. All of us knew what we needed to get done and we all just did our best to make sure it got done.
It's a grind every day
Recruiter/Account Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Liked the people that worked here for sure. Everyone is always really pleasant to be around. I didn't like the fact that to get additional help it meant that I had to request time to go out and drink with management until 8-8:30. The culture is built pretty heavily around drinking and after work activities which at times can be more exhausting than the actually work you do during the day.
Pros
free happy hour once every two weeks
Cons
no commision for first 20 deals.
Great culture with great management!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 25, 2016
I worked at Workbridge Associates for over six months and LOVED it. Although recruiting just was not a god fit for me personally, I gained amazing skills that I will carry with me throughout my career.
Pros
Great management, great work culture
Bait & Switch in DC Workbridge
Job Applicant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 28, 2016
It seems like all these staffing companies (Workbridge, Robert Half, TekSystems) don't really have positions to fill as they keep circulating the same positions over and over again on their websites. Here is what happened:

I applied to what sounds like a legitimate IT position and the next day I get a call from a junior recruiter to discuss the opportunity. We go over skills, experiences, requirements, company location and size, salary requirements, and then set a face-to-face meeting with senior recruiters in their DC office. I was expecting an email to confirm meeting, location to discuss the position in more detail and here is what I got:

*****************************
Interview Preparation:

Please email me a copy of:
• Three technical supervisory references.

Additionally:
• A list of any target companies that you would like to pursue.

• A list of companies we should not contact on your behalf. (This list should include the companies where your resume has been submitted and the companies where you have already interviewed.)

Interview Details:
When you get here you and I will sit down for 15-20 minutes, talk about your recent projects and experience in a bit more depth. Then I’ll have you meet with my colleagues on the team here, where I and the team will do our best to answer any questions you might have about specific positions or the market in general. Any of the positions you approve, we’ll submit you to and get started marketing you to our clients.

*****************************

NO Where in the above message states anything about
  more... the position the junior recruiter and I discussed over the phone.....They want me to provide info for them to find jobs I can do myself.  less
Pros
None That I'm Aware Of
Cons
There are no jobs, they copy job descriptions and salary info from other sources
Poor upward mobility
Recruiter/Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2016
The work day was supposed to be from 8:30-5:30 but several people stayed until way late. I learned how to recruit but management was not helpful. Coworkers were awesome, but that's about the only reason to stay.
Competitive environment with some team bonding events
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2016
Excellent and detailed training program, but little to no work-life balance and constant micromanaging. My co-workers were all young, some friendly and hardworking people.
Pros
some friendly coworkers; good training
Cons
no work-life balance; strict schedules; micro-management
Ton of opportunity for the people willing to work for it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2016
You don't often find companies that are willing to invest in training their employees and give them the tools for a successful career in sales or recruiting
Pros
Hands on training, unlimited growth + income potential
Cons
Like anything worth doing, it is challenging when you start out
n/a
Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2016
fast paced sales environment. I have not worked there since 2008 so I don't think my review is relevant as I'm sure a lot has changed.
they engage in phishing, stay away!
job candidate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2015
this company spent 20 minutes trying to get information out of me as to who was offering me a job. when I shared with them a particular company they advertise several days later as if they were the ones looking for that company. they have no clientele they will get clientele from job search candidate themselves by asking you who have you interviewed with and then advertising information you gave them as if they are the onesvrecruiting for that employer. they will ask you specifically for the names and phone numbers of people you interviewed with and then lie to you to say that is to make sure that they don't send your resume to companies who are their clients if you already interviewed for them. They have next to no clientele in Philadelphia, they get them from you, the unsuspecting candidate looking for a job. There is no prestigious university they are recruiting for, they got that information from me.
Pros
Cons
phish for info from unsuspecting candidates
okay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 13, 2015
there're always hireing and looking for more enployies but they never wanted to pay anybody more money that minimum wage for all the work that is required at this job.
bait and switch poachers...
applicant (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 13, 2015
Not happy with the posting that advertised a great rate and was then informed that there were no positions for that rate!! The position continued to be advertised subsequently.
I spent my time and effort answering lots of basic redundant questions on a phone call only to be told the rate was not available but they had other lower rate contracts.
The obviously never read my resume well enough nor did they read the cover letter that clearly stated a minimum rate.
I really wish they didn't just follow the phishing principle!
Pros
Prompt
Cons
deceitful, careless and reckless with resume
Great work culture!
Sales/Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 2, 2014
great place to start your career as a Sales and Tech Recruiter
Great training, but definitely not for everyone.
Full Life Cycle Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 23, 2014
Great training, great people, tough work, long days, a lot of sales, a lot of ups and downs, extremely challenging.
Workbridge Associates Review
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 11, 2014
Workbridge Associates is a very competitively run company. My tasks included working on a top-notch team that had competitive sales goals. I can really only take positive memories and learning experiences out of the company, because they pushed me to be more than I even thought I could do.

My daily schedule included making 100+ outbound calls to managers, interviewing 1 candidate in our office, making several calls to potential candidates and reviewing our goals on a twice daily basis among our direct team members.

The culture was fun, entertaining and dynamic. Everyone was around the same age. However, the hardest part of the job was getting past the countless managers who we were cold calling into to gain our business and respect. It was difficult dealing with constant rejection, though that didn't slow me down and learn from my mistakes.

I learned how to manage my schedule much better through their guidance. The most enjoyable part of the job was therefore the guidance and mentorship that I received on how to become a better individual.
Pros
Mentorship and guidance
Cons
Small compensation package
I'd rather share this in person
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2014
This company was a staffing firm. I had to make cold calls and generate new leads and business.
relaxed environment with goals.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 21, 2013
I enjoy working here and good management but no job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workbridge Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8