Workbridge Associates Employee Reviews

Great Learning Environment
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2017
It was a great place to start my career and advance to a management level. It gave me exposure to managing, training, hiring, and promoting entry level sales folks. Lack of career advancement led to me wanting to leave.
Shady/Crooked from the bottom to the top
Consulatant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2017
You primary tasks here are to take as much money away from the consultants and companies they work for. If the consultants aren't working, then we use them for information to steal their interviews and manager information so we can score more deals.

Interestingly enough, many of the people here are young, and they go along with this practice without any question.
Pros
Pay is ok, but not worth selling your soul
Cons
Felt awful at the end of the day, all day was spent ripping people off
Like the company hate the people
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2017
Workbridge wasn't a fun place to work. No trust between management and the rest of team. Many people were untrustworthy and I had to keep to myself a lot. I would probably hire my own HR staff before using them. The pay wasn't bad though and I didn't mind the companies goals and micromanaging. I also got excellent training for my next job.
What we are about
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 23, 2017
Workbridge Associates is a professional IT recruitment agency that specializes in matching top IT professionals with organizations of all sizes that offer rewarding full-time and contract career opportunities. With a deep understanding of the most promising technologies being used in today’s world, we fit seamlessly in the technology markets of the ten major North American cities we operate in. Unlike typical IT staffing agencies, we go the extra mile to show not only our commitment to candidates looking to progress their careers, but to the tech community as a whole.

Workbridge is a proud creator of Tech in Motion, a national event series that connects tech enthusiasts in the cities we operate in. Tech in Motion helps make real, human connections between tech companies and the candidates they are looking for. In every engagement, we take a personalized recruitment approach and meet with each candidate individually to understand their needs for a successful match. We pride ourselves in becoming an extended resource for you to further progress in your profession, so let our tech recruitment expertise assist you in taking the next step in your career.
Learn the Ropes but Horrible turnover
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2017
You will learn a ton about technology that can get you on the path to pursue a great career in technology which is really lucrative. But, the work life balance is one of the worst that I've ever seen.
Recruiter
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 5, 2016
I worked at Workbridge Associates for a year and a half, and learned a lot about technical recruiting and account management. Young culture, fast-paced environment.
review
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 30, 2016
Boiler room environment with ridiculous training. Micro managed. They watch your every move. You are constantly tested and expected to hit unattainable metrics.
Pros
experience
Cons
everything
Great place to start and enhance your career
Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
This is a cutting edge opportunity where you will be pushed and under pressure, but you will come out learning and honing in on skills you didn't know you needed for the real world. It's a great opportunity but you must be open to constructive criticism.
Pros
grow your skills quickly, great training program and supportive staff
Cons
you might have to work long hours and the beginning pay isn't strong
Great place to learn
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  33 New MontgomeryOctober 11, 2016
Always learning, always improving. This is a great place to find mentorship.

Typical day starts with a team meeting, then straight into networking calls and placing candidates for jobs.
Alot of production and overall good people to work for and with.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 10, 2016
It was a good place to work. All of us that worked their helped each other out and respected each other. All of us knew what we needed to get done and we all just did our best to make sure it got done.
It's a grind every day
Recruiter/Account Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Liked the people that worked here for sure. Everyone is always really pleasant to be around. I didn't like the fact that to get additional help it meant that I had to request time to go out and drink with management until 8-8:30. The culture is built pretty heavily around drinking and after work activities which at times can be more exhausting than the actually work you do during the day.
Pros
free happy hour once every two weeks
Cons
no commision for first 20 deals.
Great culture with great management!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 25, 2016
I worked at Workbridge Associates for over six months and LOVED it. Although recruiting just was not a god fit for me personally, I gained amazing skills that I will carry with me throughout my career.
Pros
Great management, great work culture
Bait & Switch in DC Workbridge
Job Applicant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 28, 2016
It seems like all these staffing companies (Workbridge, Robert Half, TekSystems) don't really have positions to fill as they keep circulating the same positions over and over again on their websites. Here is what happened:

I applied to what sounds like a legitimate IT position and the next day I get a call from a junior recruiter to discuss the opportunity. We go over skills, experiences, requirements, company location and size, salary requirements, and then set a face-to-face meeting with senior recruiters in their DC office. I was expecting an email to confirm meeting, location to discuss the position in more detail and here is what I got:

*****************************
Interview Preparation:

Please email me a copy of:
• Three technical supervisory references.

Additionally:
• A list of any target companies that you would like to pursue.

• A list of companies we should not contact on your behalf. (This list should include the companies where your resume has been submitted and the companies where you have already interviewed.)

Interview Details:
When you get here you and I will sit down for 15-20 minutes, talk about your recent projects and experience in a bit more depth. Then I’ll have you meet with my colleagues on the team here, where I and the team will do our best to answer any questions you might have about specific positions or the market in general. Any of the positions you approve, we’ll submit you to and get started marketing you to our clients.

*****************************

NO Where in the above message states anything about
  more... the position the junior recruiter and I discussed over the phone.....They want me to provide info for them to find jobs I can do myself.  less
Pros
None That I'm Aware Of
Cons
There are no jobs, they copy job descriptions and salary info from other sources
Poor upward mobility
Recruiter/Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2016
The work day was supposed to be from 8:30-5:30 but several people stayed until way late. I learned how to recruit but management was not helpful. Coworkers were awesome, but that's about the only reason to stay.
Competitive environment with some team bonding events
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2016
Excellent and detailed training program, but little to no work-life balance and constant micromanaging. My co-workers were all young, some friendly and hardworking people.
Pros
some friendly coworkers; good training
Cons
no work-life balance; strict schedules; micro-management
Ton of opportunity for the people willing to work for it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2016
You don't often find companies that are willing to invest in training their employees and give them the tools for a successful career in sales or recruiting
Pros
Hands on training, unlimited growth + income potential
Cons
Like anything worth doing, it is challenging when you start out
n/a
Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2016
fast paced sales environment. I have not worked there since 2008 so I don't think my review is relevant as I'm sure a lot has changed.
they engage in phishing, stay away!
job candidate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2015
this company spent 20 minutes trying to get information out of me as to who was offering me a job. when I shared with them a particular company they advertise several days later as if they were the ones looking for that company. they have no clientele they will get clientele from job search candidate themselves by asking you who have you interviewed with and then advertising information you gave them as if they are the onesvrecruiting for that employer. they will ask you specifically for the names and phone numbers of people you interviewed with and then lie to you to say that is to make sure that they don't send your resume to companies who are their clients if you already interviewed for them. They have next to no clientele in Philadelphia, they get them from you, the unsuspecting candidate looking for a job. There is no prestigious university they are recruiting for, they got that information from me.
Pros
Cons
phish for info from unsuspecting candidates
okay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 13, 2015
there're always hireing and looking for more enployies but they never wanted to pay anybody more money that minimum wage for all the work that is required at this job.
bait and switch poachers...
applicant (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 13, 2015
Not happy with the posting that advertised a great rate and was then informed that there were no positions for that rate!! The position continued to be advertised subsequently.
I spent my time and effort answering lots of basic redundant questions on a phone call only to be told the rate was not available but they had other lower rate contracts.
The obviously never read my resume well enough nor did they read the cover letter that clearly stated a minimum rate.
I really wish they didn't just follow the phishing principle!
Pros
Prompt
Cons
deceitful, careless and reckless with resume

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workbridge Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9