Workday Employee Reviews

Good company
Account Executive - Government (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 30, 2017
Everything depends on your individual manager. Workday is a good company with many benefits. The culture is great, especially for younger employees.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
6 month internship
Business Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 20, 2017
I was an intern at Workday. It was an amazing experience. I would have loved to work there but I only had six months to work there as an intern. I worked on the Systems Admin Team.
Pros
Free stuff, Great team members
Cons
No cons
Productive and Fun. Lots of workplace perks
Application Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work at, but applications development in general uses proprietary language. This creates a lack of mobility later on, as the skills learned and used here are not always transferable to another company or workplace.
great company...some managers not so much
Production Readiness Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 4, 2017
great company...some managers not so much. Old time employees (now managers) tend to be overly active in other peoples work. Tend to micromanage and be very reactionary.
Great Place to Work!
Cyber Security Operations (SOC) Analyst | Intern (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 21, 2017
Workday is awesome. Best workplace I have ever worked for, and I have been working since I was 16 years old (I am now 34). Super laid back work environment.
Pros
Free Snacks | Video games | Ping Pong tables | Cantinas with drinks
Cons
None!
Great company thats growing quickly
IT Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 14, 2017
Spent most of the day imaging laptops, or managing IT inventory
Great work environment with many perks (free snack rooms and unlimited beverages)
Very friendly Management
Always looking for ways to move you up in the company!
Good company
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 2, 2017
I enjoyed working for Workday and all it stood for. The company in general is wonderful. My previous manager was supportive and tried to encourage growth, team was very united. Current lead not very supportive or available. Current atmosphere in HR is very stressed and secretive, everyone out for themselves not like before. The company itself is wonderful.
Pros
I are able to be as productive as possible under own dirction
Cons
no support from hiring team.
Great culture
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 17, 2017
Really like working with the people there. No phones - rely on either face to face instant messaging for most communication and harder to work with remote people and managers there.
Pros
Collaborative Environment
Cons
No support for career building
Great Place to Work!
HR Professional (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 9, 2017
Workday offers a fun environment where people are passionate about what they are doing and who really believe in the product. You are constantly learning, each day is different and the culture is really what makes Workday such a great place to work.
Good company Benefits and Culture
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Culture is employee orientated and is a great place to work if you're in the right team with the right manager. Quality of management has been watered down since the enormous growth the last year or two.
Pros
Snack Program
Cons
Low salary for the industry
Amazing work atmosphere
Software Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Great company with amazing workplace culture, great work/life balance and very enjoyable. Most of the people are willing to drop whatever it is that they're doing and to turn around and help you out when you're facing difficulties.
Cons
management
Great place to work!
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Workday really cares about their employees. They have great benefits and compensation packages. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who wanted to apply.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Associate, Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2016
Workday provides a great work/life balance and the opportunity to grow your skill set. I enjoyed working with a diverse group of individuals and look forward to new opportunities.
AmaIng culture
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2016
I've worked for other software giants, and no one compares to Workday! Their comp and onboarding for sales rep is like nothing I've ever seen. The benefits dept is also making huge strides in the family leave policy for 2017. Can't say enough great things about Workday!!
Pros
Culture, comp, unlimited PTO, free healthy snacks, gym reimbursement, advancement
Amazing people and technology
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Workday is the first technology company that I worked for that allows me to use the technology daily and it is the exact same software we sell to prospects.
Pros
Cons
Answering to Wall Street Quarterly
Ok company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 13, 2016
Hiring spree has resulted in the standards falling especially for the way middle level managers have been hired. Many of the junior level managers to mid-level managers do not deserve to be managers in the company. This is fast becoming another Oracle.
Pros
Top level management, employee focus
Cons
Poor junior and middle level managers
Fun and collaborative
Sr eal Estate Manger (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 6, 2016
Workday places it's employees first in all core values. from that fundamental discipline all other values fall into place and a superior product is developed.
Pros
Very exciting growth initiative
Cons
Many shifts in departments keeping up with growth and some instability
Proceed with caution
Product Management (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
I was recruited by Workday and ended up relocating to Pleasanton from the east coast. I had hoped Workday a place where i could stay for quite a while but ultimately this was not a good fit for me. As an SME with over 20 years experience in my industry I was very anxious to develop and delivery best of breed functionality into my product area. Although the developers, qa and documentation people were great, I found to be the middle and upper management inflexible and stuck in their old "ERP" ways given most or previous Peoplesoft or Oracle employees. If you have background from a best of breed solution and want to work for Workday make sure you get a demo of the product before accepting a position at Workday.
Pros
Use of Agile development methodology, DEV/QA team members
Cons
Poor people management
Account Executive
Account Executive Large Enterprise (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 13, 2015
Working at Workday was complete go to market strategy for a subsection of prospects. This required multiple marketing strategies and specific communication cadences to help deliver the Workday message.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Long Sales Cycles
Not for me.
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 30, 2015
I had high hopes of success here, but it was not a good fit for me. I don't know why, but the overall energy is better for a young, just-out-of-school herd of eager folks, I think.
Pros
Free fruit and nuts in the kitchen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workday. Our community is ready to answer.