Workforce Software Employee Reviews

Went downhill fast
Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 5, 2017
Initially I was given a free hand by the founders of the company, to do what needed to be done. Eventually, the company was sold to an investment firm, a new CEO was brought in and the founders were pushed out of the business.
Pros
Flexible work - life blend
Cons
Short sighted upper management
WorkForce Software
Project Manager State of Rhode Island Impl (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 7, 2016
Working with the folks at WorkForce (implementation consultants, IT resources, PMs, and ACs) in Livonia, MI helped me become a better project manager and business analyst.

Typically, my day involved corralling the implementation team at the client (State of RI) and emphasizing the need for better participation by the State. Not only did I keep the State on-track, I kept the resources at WorkForce on-track, and we worked together to efficiently move the project closer to the finish line.

Though the scope of the project was beyond what was in the SOW, I'm happy to have had the opportunity to work with such great people at WorkForce. They're very professional, and the culture there is always emphasizing improvements in client servicing.

I hope to have the opportunity to work with WorkForce employees again, and even though the company is growing, they're managing their growth professionally and take care of their employees.

Great firm to work at from an outsider's point of view, as I was not an employee but traveled to MI and experienced the culture in-person.
Great Company
Senior Backup Engineer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI / RemoteDecember 3, 2015
WFS goes out of their way to individual the employee. They're growing and expanding all across the globe. Great group to work with/for.
Ok
Generic Job Title Here (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 15, 2015
It's okay, not great. People are good, salary okay, management not so great. Hardest part is managing people. Easiest part is missing.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Okay managers
Productive company that balances work and real life well.
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 18, 2015
The atmosphere generated is positive and comfortable. Employees can work a flexible schedule and wear casual dress as long as it is still workplace appropriate.

Management is very energetic and involved, but not to the point of micromanagement.
Pros
Flexible daily schedule, company sponsored activities
Cons
mediocre benefits
productive and fun workplace - rated one of Detroit's cool places to work by Crain's magazine.
IT Service Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 4, 2015
Great place to work but seems to have fallen into the trap of growing fast, hiring too many people, and then suffering from a couple of lean sales quarters.
Service Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 23, 2014
Working at workforce was a blast. It almost never felt like work. With that said, I trained my replacement without knowledge I was doing it.
Good place to work though lots of growing pains
Senior Project Manager, Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2014
WFS is a very good place to work with some very good people. The product and underlying technology cannot be beat in its niche - workforce management. Company growth has been incredible and only keeps getting bigger and better. Unfortunately, there have been quite a few growing pains with many issues that still need to be addressed. Potential is excellent, but management has been slow to realize it and fix issues to make everybody more productive. Overall though the people are great to work with and everybody really does try to succeed.
Pros
Excellent growth and potential, hardworking people, easy to talk to management
Cons
Poor HR, no general training, performance reviews are random