Workplace Options Employee Reviews

A high concentration of talented individuals
Global Partner Liaison (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 28, 2017
Working at Workplace Options was a truly unique experience. The visionaries that created the company operate it with the same passion that they have put into the products themselves by focusing on the work-life balance of their employees, and creating a positive and relaxed work environment that still meets high demands and hard deadlines.
Good Starting Position
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2017
Personally, I really enjoyed working at WPO. I know some people complain about micromanagement but I think it largely depends on your department manager. I had a great supervisor who was extremely helpful. I think this is a great job for someone looking to start their career. There is opportunity to grow your professional experience and there is never work that is needed to be taken home. The company values well being but, because it is so large, it is hard to stand out or earn a raise.
Pros
On site gym, daily free fruit, great coworkers
Cons
Stagnant pay, can easily be lost in the large company
Overall can be a good place to work
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 16, 2017
You will get a chance to work with clients across the globe which will increase knowledge base on diversity. There are multiple shifts available since they are open 24/7.
I enjoy the job but it is less challenging now.
Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 28, 2017
I enjoy all of my job responsibilities and respect my piers and the management that runs the company. My main reasons for wanting another position is the job is less challenging than it used to be.
Pros
Good people, environment, management
Cons
Tax questions not very repetitive
Worse Experience Ever
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2017
This place may look like the bomb to you, like the ideal workplace, but is not. Management will scream at you for no doing what they asked you to do in a timely manner (and when you did not get the proper training for it). Other co-workers will refer to you as a body in a chair, and even make fun of you if you make mistakes. I was even part of a conversation between 2 co-workers staying that I was there just because I was bored at home and waiting to be knock up! Management find out about it, and did not do anything to remedy the harrasment, They do not pay overtime, and the levels of stress are the worse.
call center
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCDecember 22, 2016
poor conditions, poor compensation, poor leadership
does offer some health and wellness perks and eap
stressful to keep a very busy pace of work with a lot of micro management
Okay place to work short term
Helpdesk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 14, 2016
Great company but management needs alot improvement and experience. There's no compassionate when employees are sick. It's the job first, not the employees that make the company run on a daily basis. You can be working there for years and looked over for alot of opportunities. New employees come in making the same pay you're making and you've been there for years. The make false promises on raises, they even say we don't offer increases..
summary
Wellness Coach- Full time (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 13, 2016
This company is a great company to start for if you are looking to get experience. I have been here for 2 years and some months and it has been a great experience and I have learned a lot about data management and just how to first serve members.
Pros
gym, playful, understanding
Cons
pay, benefits
Decent place to work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2015
Don't look for advancement. Otherwise it's a decent place to get clinical experience and gain knowledge of how to handle clients in crisis.
Pros
supportive co-workers and direct managers, upper management, not so much
Cons
short breaks
Great First Job
Work Life (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 8, 2015
Great first job just continue looking while you're here. Good pay for someone young. Nice people. Very enthusiastic team to work with.
Pros
Decent pay for someone just starting out
Cons
Short monitored breaks, repetitive work, no opportunities to move up, expensive healthcare, no security
Work-Life Balance, Fun, Fast pace and constant change
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Great company to work for in regards to people, company incentives, and opportunities to learn so much. My resume was easily enhanced from all the opportunities available to take advantage of. We were challenged constantly to be innovative and present efficient ways to improve on our services. I enjoyed the constant challenge.
Pros
Free Fruit and coffee, great work environment
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Productive and fun workplace with opportunities to advance
n/a (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 4, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with opportunities to advance
Pros
Excellent wellness progran, opportunities for growth and professional development
Cons
n/a
a typical day
Clinical Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2014
I would not recommecnd this company to anyone. That is why I am finding other employment.
You can find something better
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 25, 2014
This is a good job if you have no other options. They hire mostly people that have little to no work experience or who are desperate for a job, or people they know. It’s great if you got hired based on knowing someone, because then you will be fast track promoted within no time. Otherwise, there is no chance at moving up, no matter how hard you work. No breaks, micromanagement like nothing I’ve ever experienced before, complete lack of critical thinking skills in every department. God forbid you have a good idea that might help the business, it will get shot down or someone will take it as their own. Pay is terrible. Stay away from this place unless you are desperate.
Good first job
Child Care and Intake Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 27, 2014
Great for people starting out in the working world. Great people that work there.
Pros
Subsidized food, free gym, personal training for VERY cheap
Cons
Only 30 min lunch break, must work some/most holidays/snowdays/etc., sitting at a desk for 8 hours/day
Customer Service with a home environment and amazing work culture
Back Up Care Advantage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 25, 2014
Great company to work for. Managers and co-workers are working toward a common goal, and the work culture cultivated a very friendly environment.
As with any customer service job, the hardest part is getting reprimanded by a customer for something you did not do or could not control.
The best part of this job, was knowing you were helping people immediately.
Counselors with ethics need not apply
EAP Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 17, 2014
Do you like being tied to a cubicle for at least 8 hours every day without a break? Do you enjoy feeling guilty about taking your 30 minute lunch? Does lying to clients about their company "benefits" sound fulfilling? Does sucking up to management give you a thrill? Do you like being asked to come to work on your day off because the company is chronically understaffed from high turnover? Do you find it clinically appropriate to have all of your client interactions recorded and saved in a database, then evaluated by managers who have no clinical background? Do you define "positive work culture" as meeting with your friends to cry about the lack of support in the bathroom together? When you take a vacation, do you like wondering if you'll have a job when you get back? If so, then Workplace Options is the place for you!! Workplace Options boasts an oppressive work culture with micromanagement, constant surveillance from supervisors, competition against your co-workers to see who can "help" the most clients (translation: get them off the phone as quickly as possible since the company is paid per call), and the least fulfilling job you will ever have as a counselor.

This place is a nightmare. There's gotta be something better out there.
Pros
Heat and A/C
Cons
No freedom, micromanagement, unfulfilling work, monotony, no job security, lack of support
Innovative and productive place to work
Sales Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2013
Great place to work with opportunity to advance. Excellent training programs.
Productive Environment
Daily Living Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 2, 2013
Workplace Options offers a challenging and productive work environment.
A HORRIBLE place to work- Don't waste your time applying!!!!
Tax/Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 4, 2012
Don't waste your time applying here unless you are willing to tolerate dealing with 1) horrible management 2) high health insurance costs 3) unprofessionalism 3) being locked down to a headset 4) no breaks 5) uneccessary micro-management 6) immature supervisors 7) lack of confidentiality 8) significant lack of resources to effectively do your job 9) instability 10) additional job tiltles without increased pay 11) and a VERY high turn-over rate!

Supervisors do not have common sense or effective management skills but this is overlooked as one of the main factors that causes employees to be unhappy. I have seen so many GOOD employees quit or be terminated for reasons that could have been resolved with effective management techniques. Favortisim is evident at this workplace, if you kiss up...you move up.

I would not recommend this workplace to anyone I know. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I clocked out to go home for the day (although I usually left with a huge headache that would go away as soon as I left the building).

Tax season was horrible!!!! This company is very unorganized and not open to change for the better. Team Lead lacks common sense and has NO work experience in finances, taxes, or management- all things needed for the finace/tax department to be successfully managed! Financial consultants are giving tax advice over the phone (with NO background/training in taxes at all). Tax consultants were forced to give callers financial advice (budgeting, credit counseling, identity theft, etc.) and they had NO background/training in this area. TAXES and FINANCES
  more... are VERY different but again management does not step up to alleviate this issue. Instead, they find other irrelevent things to do and complain about.

Instead of considering the military service members who should be receiving the BEST service ever, this company is too worried about portraying a stellar workplace/service in attempt to retain this government contract. They cover up the true mess that lies beneath!

Beware that once the truth is evident, I am sure this contract will not be renewed! Unfortunately this means layoffs for current employees. Once again, Don't waste your time!!!!
Pros
pay is decent (mainly for finance and tax consultants), no other pros
Cons
horrible management, no growth opportunities, unorganized, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workplace Options. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8