World Airways Employee Reviews in United States

Was great while it lasted
Executive Private Charter Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 18, 2015
Unfortunately this company is no longer around, but it allowed me to see the world for 10 years. When it was great, it was really great and when it got bad because of new management, it went out of business.
Best place to work
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2015
I have always loved aircraft and flying. I love this kind of work most of all. I do not mind the craziness of the airports and rushing that comes with travel.
Love to work with public and be of help. I love the airline training and all that has to do with airplanes. Love to help my coworkers. I do not find anything hard when it comes to the airlines.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
health insurance and flights
Perfect job to have for me. Traveled all around the world
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GASeptember 12, 2014
Transported Military and Chartered passengers all over the world.
My colleagues were like family
Such a sad loss to see a company close its doors after 66 years in business.
Bringing home the troops was the most rewarding part of the job.
Took you around the world
In-flight Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2014
Great company, had a lot to offer the industry. Great professional and fun co-workers. Enjoyed customer interaction, creating a five star service for our badged military.
Pros
international travel, catering to us military
Cons
furlough should never have been possible
Allowed to use my creative abilities to restructure warehouse to meet regulatory requirements
Manager - Material Stores Operations (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GA.July 3, 2014
Again, no day is typical. It was especially pleasing to see the end product of a complete restructuring of the 70K sq ft main warehouse facility as well as creating a policy and procedures manual for all of Stores Operations.
Pros
allowing to discuss our accomplishments with senior management.
Cons
operating on a shoe string budget and with an extremely lean staff.
An exciting and challenging workplace.
Airline Pilot (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 18, 2014
A typical month was 12 days off, the rest on. During that time you might travel to any part of the world, I went around the world seven times while with World. The training was tough but it was for a challenging job and was needed.
Pros
travel
Cons
time away from home.
Wonderful company that introduced me to the entire world and different cultures as well as the pleasure of working with out military
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 14, 2014
World Airways was a wonderful company. We flew the military to and from their assignments. A typical day involved catering, counts, flight paperwork, talking with people and situating their baggage, interacting with ground control and the cockpit, serving our passengers and making sure the flight was safe and keeping an eye out for emergencies etc. Our crew would consist of 9 additional flight attendants not including myself and two to three cockpit employees. The hardest part of my job was changing time zones and fighting jetlag. The most enjoyable part was my passengers, and traveling to various countries and experiencing all kinds of cultures.
Pros
travel
Cons
changing time zones constantly
World Airways in hindsight
CAPTAIN/ CHECK AIRMEN/ INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 7, 2014
World Airways was a 66 year old company founded by Edward J Dailey. This is man that build what was once the largest charter airline in the world and that was from a guy with a 10th grade education. It was indeed a sad day when he passed as certainly World would still be here today and still going strong!

World was a very special company to all people involved with it. I feel very honored and fortunate to have worked for such an excellent company and the truly best professional aviators in the world. My career began there in 1989 at the tender age of 28. During my tenure there, an immense amount of experience was passed along to me from the old timers and this, I will be forever indebted to those involved with this once fine company.
Pros
best flying experiences one could ever wish for.
Cons
very poor management in its final years.
Use to be a great place to work
Line Station Lead Material Rep (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GaMay 20, 2014
World Airways is no longer flying, the shut down after 60 years of flying. I will day that I really enjoyed the 10 years I had with the company.
World had a very fine history as passenger/freight hauler.
Maint. Rep. (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 18, 2014
Travelled all the time so I usually woke up in a hotel and proceeded to the airport ramp to start work. Had to do a detailed inspection of external components of aircraft, speak to flight crew and repair/replace components as required. Hardest part of job was travel to work. I live near Tacoma and had to take a commercial flight to work. Most enjoyable part was finishing job and watching a/c take off.
Pros
i never thought i would ever taxi a 747 or md-11 before working for world.
Cons
long flights on company aircraft.
A life experience
Inflight Service Manager/Supervisor f/a Check. (Former Employee) –  101 world drive Peachtree City GA 30269 PDX basedApril 29, 2014
World Airways Inc. was the best company in the aviation business.
I feel honored to have worked with so many profesionals.
The humanitarion and vision air Edward J Daly created a company that lasted 66 years.We made history with our last flight out of Vietnam 1975" baby lift"and the aid and supplies we delivered in catastrophic events around the world. World was there to help.
Anything that was asked of us we did with out question or complaint.
I feel very lucky to have had the opertunity to travel the world and to have been a part of this.
When I went to work it was exciting and I never said " oh I wish I didn't have to work today" even if it was a 30 day trip.I always had fun!
But life changes- unexpectedly without notice
World Airways closed It's doors march 27 2014 a sad day.
note:
Alaska has 3 employees that worked for World over ten years ago and said they are extremly happy so why don't I apply?
Pros
all good # 1 we would go anywhere anytime !! happy.
Cons
matlin- patterson & cerberus- their greed destroyed world airways.
A glamorous life
Inflight Service Manager - Lead flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 12, 2014
It is difficult to explain the many wonderful aspects of my life as a charter airline flight attendant. There was no typical day at work. It was unpredictable, adventuresome, fun, eye-opening to new cultures, and very fulfilling. We were able to travel on our days off in whatever country we were in, our passengers were mostly Military and what wonderful and honorable men and women they are. We were very proud to give them outstanding service that they deserve.

I was trained in safety related issues and signed up to be lead flight attendant. That would be the hardest part of the job. We could have delays upon delays and then changes of schedule and it was my job to keep crew informed of these changes. Inevitably, we would not get enough sleep or slept at the wrong time. This made for a difficult transatlantic crossing. But, we learned to persevere.
Pros
touring
Cons
changes in schedules
Worldwide Experience
Sr. Compliance Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMarch 28, 2014
The best part of my job as the Sr. Compliance Specialist, was the opportunities it provided in being able to travel the world to and learn about various diverse international locations and people. It actually help me deal with the various diverse employee group at World Airways, from the executive team to the line employees.
World Airways
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMarch 9, 2014
Currently Chapter 11, Furloughed after 15 yrs of service. It was a great experience to travel as an international flight attendant.
Pros
travel
Cons
away from home 14 days or more each month
Great company to work for
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GADecember 19, 2013
Relaxed environment with great management and co-workers. Everyone works as a team with great results. I learned a lot from everyone and was able to extend my knowledge beyond my daily duties.
Pros
close family atmosphere
Cons
advancement
Great for changing enviroment and challenge.
Crew Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAOctober 30, 2013
Love the aviation atmosphere. Always a challenge each day with scheduling issues, crew issues, maint issues, weather.
Pros
4 on 4 off.
Cons
up and down work loads
Nice place to work.
Internal Evaluation Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 23, 2013
The company is a good place to work, the market is not helping our current situation.
An excellent work experience
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 21, 2013
Start of day with a smile and prepared to provide excellent service and job duties.
Pros
travel
Cons
eating on the road
Very Productive place to work.
Crew Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peach Tree City, GAOctober 7, 2013
A typical day at work was reviewing supervisors pass downs. Answering calls from crew members. Attending morning briefings.
Very busy with incoming phone calls and assisting the schedulers with airlines, hotel and transportation reservations.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a crew of staff that was very unhappy in the work place.

The most enjoyable part of the jobs was working together for the good of the company.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
long working hours, can be very stressful at times.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 3, 2013
Great Company to have worked. The coworkers, especially my auditors, were very consistent and through in their positions.