World Airways

World Airways Employer Reviews

Perfect job to have for me. Traveled all around the world
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 12, 2014
Transported Military and Chartered passengers all over the world.
My colleagues were like family
Such a sad loss to see a company close its doors after 66 years in business.
Bringing home the troops was the most rewarding part of the job.
Took you around the world
In-flight Service Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: international travel, catering to us military
Cons: furlough should never have been possible
Great company, had a lot to offer the industry. Great professional and fun co-workers. Enjoyed customer interaction, creating a five star service for our badged military.
Allowed to use my creative abilities to restructure warehouse to meet regulatory requirements
Manager - Material Stores Operations (Former Employee), Morrow, GA.July 3, 2014
Pros: allowing to discuss our accomplishments with senior management.
Cons: operating on a shoe string budget and with an extremely lean staff.
Again, no day is typical. It was especially pleasing to see the end product of a complete restructuring of the 70K sq ft main warehouse facility as well as creating a policy and procedures manual for all of Stores Operations.
An exciting and challenging workplace.
Airline Pilot (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 18, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: time away from home.
A typical month was 12 days off, the rest on. During that time you might travel to any part of the world, I went around the world seven times while with World. The training was tough but it was for a challenging job and was needed.
Wonderful company that introduced me to the entire world and different cultures as well as the pleasure of working with out military
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 14, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: changing time zones constantly
World Airways was a wonderful company. We flew the military to and from their assignments. A typical day involved catering, counts, flight paperwork, talking with people and situating their baggage, interacting with ground control and the cockpit, serving our passengers and making sure the flight was safe and keeping an eye out for emergencies etc. – more... Our crew would consist of 9 additional flight attendants not including myself and two to three cockpit employees. The hardest part of my job was changing time zones and fighting jetlag. The most enjoyable part was my passengers, and traveling to various countries and experiencing all kinds of cultures. – less
World Airways in hindsight
CAPTAIN/ CHECK AIRMEN/ INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 7, 2014
Pros: best flying experiences one could ever wish for.
Cons: very poor management in its final years.
World Airways was a 66 year old company founded by Edward J Dailey. This is man that build what was once the largest charter airline in the world and that was from a guy with a 10th grade education. It was indeed a sad day when he passed as certainly World would still be here today and still going strong!

World was a very special company to all people – more... involved with it. I feel very honored and fortunate to have worked for such an excellent company and the truly best professional aviators in the world. My career began there in 1989 at the tender age of 28. During my tenure there, an immense amount of experience was passed along to me from the old timers and this, I will be forever indebted to those involved with this once fine company. – less
Use to be a great place to work
Line Station Lead Material Rep (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GaMay 20, 2014
World Airways is no longer flying, the shut down after 60 years of flying. I will day that I really enjoyed the 10 years I had with the company.
World had a very fine history as passenger/freight hauler.
Maint. Rep. (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMay 18, 2014
Pros: i never thought i would ever taxi a 747 or md-11 before working for world.
Cons: long flights on company aircraft.
Travelled all the time so I usually woke up in a hotel and proceeded to the airport ramp to start work. Had to do a detailed inspection of external components of aircraft, speak to flight crew and repair/replace components as required. Hardest part of job was travel to work. I live near Tacoma and had to take a commercial flight to work. Most enjoyable – more... part was finishing job and watching a/c take off. – less
A life experience
Inflight Service Manager/Supervisor f/a Check. (Former Employee), 101 world drive Peachtree City GA 30269 PDX basedApril 29, 2014
Pros: all good # 1 we would go anywhere anytime !! happy.
Cons: matlin- patterson & cerberus- their greed destroyed world airways.
World Airways Inc. was the best company in the aviation business.
I feel honored to have worked with so many profesionals.
The humanitarion and vision air Edward J Daly created a company that lasted 66 years.We made history with our last flight out of Vietnam 1975" baby lift"and the aid and supplies we delivered in catastrophic events around the world. – more... World was there to help.
Anything that was asked of us we did with out question or complaint.
I feel very lucky to have had the opertunity to travel the world and to have been a part of this.
When I went to work it was exciting and I never said " oh I wish I didn't have to work today" even if it was a 30 day trip.I always had fun!
But life changes- unexpectedly without notice
World Airways closed It's doors march 27 2014 a sad day.
note:
Alaska has 3 employees that worked for World over ten years ago and said they are extremly happy so why don't I apply? – less
A glamorous life
Inflight Service Manager - Lead flight attendant (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDApril 12, 2014
Pros: touring
Cons: changes in schedules
It is difficult to explain the many wonderful aspects of my life as a charter airline flight attendant. There was no typical day at work. It was unpredictable, adventuresome, fun, eye-opening to new cultures, and very fulfilling. We were able to travel on our days off in whatever country we were in, our passengers were mostly Military and what wonderful – more... and honorable men and women they are. We were very proud to give them outstanding service that they deserve.

I was trained in safety related issues and signed up to be lead flight attendant. That would be the hardest part of the job. We could have delays upon delays and then changes of schedule and it was my job to keep crew informed of these changes. Inevitably, we would not get enough sleep or slept at the wrong time. This made for a difficult transatlantic crossing. But, we learned to persevere. – less
Worldwide Experience
Sr. Compliance Program Specialist (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMarch 28, 2014
The best part of my job as the Sr. Compliance Specialist, was the opportunities it provided in being able to travel the world to and learn about various diverse international locations and people. It actually help me deal with the various diverse employee group at World Airways, from the executive team to the line employees.
World Airways
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: away from home 14 days or more each month
Currently Chapter 11, Furloughed after 15 yrs of service. It was a great experience to travel as an international flight attendant.
Great company to work for
Department Assistant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GADecember 19, 2013
Pros: close family atmosphere
Cons: advancement
Relaxed environment with great management and co-workers. Everyone works as a team with great results. I learned a lot from everyone and was able to extend my knowledge beyond my daily duties.
Great for changing enviroment and challenge.
Crew Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta GAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: 4 on 4 off.
Cons: up and down work loads
Love the aviation atmosphere. Always a challenge each day with scheduling issues, crew issues, maint issues, weather.
Nice place to work.
Internal Evaluation Program Manager (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 23, 2013
The company is a good place to work, the market is not helping our current situation.
An excellent work experience
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: eating on the road
Start of day with a smile and prepared to provide excellent service and job duties.
Very Productive place to work.
Crew Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee), Peach Tree City, GAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long working hours, can be very stressful at times.
A typical day at work was reviewing supervisors pass downs. Answering calls from crew members. Attending morning briefings.
Very busy with incoming phone calls and assisting the schedulers with airlines, hotel and transportation reservations.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a crew of staff that was very unhappy in the work place.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the jobs was working together for the good of the company. – less
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 3, 2013
Great Company to have worked. The coworkers, especially my auditors, were very consistent and through in their positions.
Enjoyable place to work
Crew Travel/ Crew Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: bonuses and other incentitives
Cons: limited breaks, heavy phone call volume.
I began at World Airways in the Crew Travel department as a reservationist. After one year I was promoted to a Crew Travel Supervisor. A typical day at work involved handling airline,hotel and transportation arrangements for our crew members as well as corporate management. I also assisted my manager with the preparation of the ARC report and other – more... areas as needed.

The hardest part of the job was the long shifts. My co-workers were a great team. Of course there are always challenges to work through.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a manager who truly supported you and help you grow with in the company. – less
Great family atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 27, 2013
I started as a part-time receptionist and within a few years I have advanced to the position of Executive Assistant to the Office of the Chief Operating Officer. Prior to the economic downturn, there were great opportunities to advance if you were a dedicated and loyal employee with ambition.