World Bank

World Bank Employee Reviews

Warning
Roaming Desktop Support Specialist: Team lead (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 20, 2015
Pros: not sure
Cons: Everything
I would not recommend anyone in the IT field to work here.

*Poor management
*Confusing instruction and documentation.
*Unprofessional personalities
*Very strict
Great Place To Work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 5, 2015
Great place to work. Culturaly diverse and a excellent corporate culture that thrives on collaborative work efforts.
Competitive work atmosphere
Test Lead/ Business Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 14, 2015
Learned about lot about performance testing and automation. Was able to maintain decent work life balance. Co-workers are extremely helpful.
A wealth of experience and knowledge to be gained here
Senior Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment overall
Cons: None
A typical day here is pretty busy, with continuous on-call support going n, along with implementing new projects and driving existing ones in a timely manner.
Nice people to work with
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2015
During the time I worked with them the job wasn't that easy but with the co-workers we made it fun and easy. the most enjoyable part of this job was working as team makes it more enjoyable and easy.
It's a place where you learn something new every day and where you find all sort of cuisine at the cafeteria.
LMS Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: the pay is good
Cons: career advancement is hard to come by
The Bank is a very much learning and result oriented place. On a typical day I would train one or two course administrators as these individuals are responsible to enter information in LMS which I manage. I would troubleshoot half s dozen of online courses throughout the day. Respond to inquiries on corporate report. Discuss formally and informally implementation with our evaluation and monitoring team (mostly co-workers). The most challenging part of the job is assuring that my trainees comprehend LMS materials to avoid making errors. The most enjoyable part is reading an email saying "Thank you for your prompt response;the direction was very helpful".
Internship in DC
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Washington D.C.January 25, 2015
Pros: went to dc twice a week, i could work from home the other 3 days
A colleague of my Dad's who also works in the World Bank, asked me to help him with certain projects and make a PowerPoint presentation. The internship was during the summer. I learned a lot about how giving The World Bank is, how much money they contribute to so many countries around the world, and how each country is using the money given to them.
International development driven
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: meangniful job
Cons: short assignments
I enjoy the international background of the company and its dedication to development and sustainability
Great place
IT Coordinator Project Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 22, 2014
Great place to work, always have a fun time, easy to get along with co-workers
great work place
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 18, 2014
everyone here from management was great they really look out and take care of the employees
fun
Innovation Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 14, 2014
Pros: highly professional and a good place to gain valuable skills
Workload can be very busy but very educative and a great place to develop startling professional skills! . Interning there at the same time going to school at first seem like an impossible thing but do to my determinations and courage to achieve my dreams, I was abled to mix both professional responsibility to produced positive result for the success of my department and to the satisfactions of my departmental manager and director. Skills learned were incredible, from leadership, to concept note writing and to supervisions including working together with highly competitive professionals around the world in a diverse culture and society. All these were incredible achievement I achieved there.
Excellent place to work
Financial Data Team, Development Economics (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 6, 2014
Got a chance to work with economists from top schools in the world. Our team was a highly educated, qualified, and dedicated team. Hardest part was getting data from some developing countries when they go through some crisis. Enjoyed every minute of my stay there helping developing countries.
I was living and working overseas
Project Management and Proposal Development (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 4, 2014
I got Married and had to relocate. My experience with World Bank was amazing
Stop and go work style
Lead VOIP Phone Migration Tech (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 3, 2014
When you were working, you were moving...when politics say stop working, you could be out of work for a few days.
It was bought out by Wachovia
Software Packager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great work campus
Cons: the owners did not support the troops.
I liked working at the campus. It was nice - hiking trails and picnic tables.
Amazing People, projects and work/life balance
Corporate Sustainability Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Working with leaders and innovators in the environment department made my work fulfilling and interesting.

An encouraging work/life balance allowed me to spend time with my young family during my contract.
Great learning Place
Lead Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2014
Upgraded the application from 8.3 to 9.1
Lead a team of 10 on Peronal Adminstration & Self Service.
Working as a Core Memeber for Pension Administration.
Developing Self service Portal for Retirees.

Heavily Customized Environment.
Lots of PL/SQL usage.
Paglet Creation.
Data Integration.
XMLP report generation.
good
Architect / Oracle Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2014
In World Bank our project was to design a Centralized platform and an Web based integrated system for Automation of lifecycle of loan Approval Process
Great culture and knowledge
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2014
-Poor management, not in all departments but in many.
-Great benefits
-Bureaucratic system
Assistant Communications
Assistant Communications Department (Former Employee), Santo DomingoJuly 24, 2014
Representation of the Project in activities and media. Create, coordinate, and follow up activities in support of the project, press releases, monitor the media and event.

1 2 3 4