World Duty Free Group

World Duty Free Group Employee Reviews

warehouse was a fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2015
pulling over 40 pages of orders for the airports. able to have time off when requested. set times for work and days off. hard job but enjoyable
Good company discounts and benefits!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity to learn about international retail
Cons: Early/Late Shifts
Great company with great people. They are very understanding when it comes to shift changes. Benefits are good compared to other retail jobs I've had in the past. Overall great environment!
Horrid place to work, one of the worst
Employee (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 29, 2015
Company culture is terrible; profit over people. Very high turnover and lots of layoffs. It is a very shameful place to work, there is no concern for work/life balance or employee morale.
Best part is if you like the people you work with
Sales Associate, (Current Employee), TampaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free water
Cons: no advancement, uncaring company
Advancement is not really there unless you know someone. Now that the company is no longer HMS the new procedures are ridiculous and annoying. The company doesn't really care that they're asking for more while not compensating with pay and also taking away benefits. All I can say is if you need a job it is one.
Not a great company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2015
Management was fairly incompetent and didn't listen to employee suggestions. They played favorites a lot and didn't show their faces in the stores very often.
Co-workers were fantastic and the job itself was a rather nice job. There was no room for advancement though and benefits were difficult to come by.
fun working plack
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2015
great very great interesting place where you meet new people
worst company ever
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Romulus, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: gratis
Cons: managers, not organized, non professional, rude upper management, no break room, no sanity for you, hard trainers
This company is by far the worst company to work for. The management sucks and they bully you to get a rise out of you. Then they don't listen to you, or your input. They don't have meetings to make sure everyone is on the same page, and they are very unorganized. Do not apply to this company. They always mess up on your checks you always have a problem with your pay and most of the time the direct deposit is not set up correctly. This company is designed for you to fail and all of those positive reviews are lies. They treat the employees like dirt and no one wants to feel like they are not good enough at work. This place disgusts me.
not really a job for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: two free bottles of waters.
Cons: short breaks.
labor & pay do not match. no real chance for advancement. cant really go to management without being worried about retaliation.HR is also extremely slow with dealing with issues. Extremely shorts breaks.only good thing about this company is they give you two free bottles of water.
worst company to ever work for in the Metro Detroit Airport
Newstand employee (Former Employee), Romulus, MiDecember 20, 2014
Pros: the pay is decent
Cons: management, supervisor, breaks, little to no discount, gossip
This company is HORRIBLE.
alot of favoritism goes on In this company
Management sucks
Too much drama
They have a petty point system
there are some employees that steal
always short of staff, no discount on food, bad communication between supervisors.
If you're looking for employment just to get money & you can deal with B.S this is right for you. Other than that don't even waste your time applying, you will quit in 6 months or less.
Customer Service at the terminal
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Romulus, MIDecember 10, 2014
World Duty Free Group is a suitable employer for those looking for full time employment and decent benefits. To work for this organization you must be flexible, have the tolerance to work in a fast pace setting, and with a diverse public, because this is a international setting. However, if you are a full time student this may not be the employer for you, because the demand to work changeable hours are high.
great place to work for career
Supervisor/ Customer Support Specialties (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 6, 2014
It has always been one of the favorite place. Good management, Credible Director and excellent communication.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio,TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: short 30 min breaks
Easy job. Great pay. Great hours too! Over time is available.
Worked here for over a year
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: lunch and restroom breaks
Cons: management
This job is a joke, seriously. Not a career! This job is really unorganized. Management! What management? Very unproductive! Favoritism. If you are soft hearted, they will use you. Trust me , I have seen it all. The hours are really complicated. 430 am? No one flies that early! My favorite part about this job was meeting different people everyday. People that compliment you more than your own boss. I hope my review was helpful.
A Typical Day At Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2014
Working for World Duty Free, I have learned a lot about different people. The one thing I loved about my job is that it was located in the airport. There are so many differnent faces seen each day. I must say that is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Our management changed frequently so being able to keep up with the differnet ways of running the store had to be the hardest part. It seemed to be something new each day but with my co workers, we figured things out and got the job done. I love my co workers. We always work as a team so the store will be ran properly.
Its a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Romulus, MIDecember 26, 2013
working for this company is nice staff are nice and a good environment for the employees.
a fun place to work if you like to interact with travelers
Book Store Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis St. Paul International airportOctober 4, 2013
This can be a good company to work for if you enjoy talking to travelers and working in a busy airport.

About World Duty Free Group