World Duty Free Group Employee Reviews

very good place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 24, 2017
World Duty Free Group is a very good place to work. They care about their employees and are fair with the compensation in all aspects. You run your business like it is your own.
Pros
benefits workplace
Cons
not enough help
Nice environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
I loved the environment of working at the airport, but the job in general was too much of just standing.. I like to be kept busy. Had to wait for somebody that was WILLING to cover for you while you use the restroom
Honestly wouldnt recommend his place to anyone
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
I appreciate the opportunity to have employment. However, if I am speaking truthfully, I was not a happy employee while working here. If you're looking to feel as if you are disposable, unappreciated and spoken to in a constant condescending tone, maybe you'd enjoy this workplace. Policies seemed to be made up as they go and so unnecessary. Hired as a part time employee but worked full time hours. If you are hired for a specific store, please know that you will be working in multiple. You are a rotating worker.
Very Productive work place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2017
* Multitasking
* strong communication skills
* Management has change since I worked there.
* Fun
* Constantly on your feet on the go.
* Managing you time appropriately
* Time goes by fast, going from terminal to terminal
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Scheduling
Very stressful environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 12, 2017
The companies laws and by laws are unrealistic and unethical.There is no room for advancement or growth with the company. There hasn't been raises issued in over 2 years
Terrible Management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
Management is so bad, when you speak to them, the conversation goes in loops, they will never give you the answer to your question. But coworkers are great. There is favoritism in workers, they give constant write-ups to the employee they do not like or there's a snitch in the company.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
World Duty Free
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2017
Worst management
workplace is ok..
not fair enough
manipulated
management are all fair
not working here again
very persistent with their business
not caring
nice place to start
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 5, 2017
Nice work environment in general. Very useful information regarding high end retailers was provided as well as deep knowledge of the specific brands and products offered.
We enjoy a lot of, because working as a friendly behave there is fun fun fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2017
World Duty Free Group is located inside the DFW airport, I worked as a supervisor over there. The supervisor is responsible for managing a retail staff within a business and also assist the customer and staff during the business hours.
A Place of Employment
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 9, 2016
There was no typical day at this place of employment. Coming from food and beverage to retail brought on many changes for me, but overall I learned a lot.
Great team environment
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 9, 2016
WDFG was a great place to work because management was so inclusive and fair with all employees and contractors!!! Management also provided mentoring.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Closed the Bethesda office
dont care about death in your family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 8, 2016
this place don't care nothing about there employees!! recently my mom passed away What made matters worst I didn't receive one call from management!! This is very sad, sick, heartless to treat your workers. I wont let my dog work here!!
Pros
some coworkers and supervisors are cool to work with
Cons
Not very organized, Lack of communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNDecember 7, 2016
Not enough training. Focused to much on speed rather than accuracy. No tolorance on mistakes. The customer is always right.
Support other co-workers. Ok work.
It fun and you get reward from what you do
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 5, 2016
It was fun working for World Duty-Free Group at the airport because I got 100 gift card for great customer service. You sometimes meet famous people at the place that you work.
Don't really care about their associates
Specialty Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth International AirportAugust 9, 2016
Hard to get bathroom breaks, hard to get a decent raise, constant standing on feet with no sitting even when no customer, with a 30 minute break where you're suppose to do EVERYTHING. Expected to be robots and treated as such by some.
Pros
Working at the airport is fun.
Cons
All above listed.
Bad management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 8, 2016
This company is the worst!! They don't care about ADA laws or Doctors accommodation request for disabilities! They don't care about family emergencies at all!! They only give you two ten minute breaks n one 30 min lunch even when you've worked 10 hours + . The pay is great benefits are great union sucks Unite Here is a joke ... I loved working with the original company I started working with HMSHOST. They actually cared
Pros
Pay, benefits, and meeting new people at the airport
Cons
Management, advancement, accomodation
Last Resort Employer
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisMay 12, 2016
From the ground up the only good thing about this company are the poor souls who work there....and I"m talking associates, not management.
Pros
End of the day
Cons
Management, Pay, Benefits, Communication, Compassion
Cool place to work because its inside the airport
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 7, 2016
This company sucks!!! Management is horrible!! It's very unorganized, unprofessional. The associates are wonderful and cool too work with. This company has no type of advancement period. They don't care if they fire you without doing the proper procedures. They don't have sympathy for death or any other family issues. They don't recognize their associates that's been with the company for 3years+. There is no type of communication between the supervisors and managers. I can go on and on.
Pros
Being inside the airport and the pay
Good Employees, Management Not So
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2016
Had great co-workers and the job could have been a great atmosphere but management did not know how to manage their employees as good as they did the store. The manager was OVERBEARING Whenever they tried to train us on something it was like we were elementary kids and not adults. Would give up an order and we would do it, but then they would FORGET they gave the order and then question why we did the assignment they originally asked us to do. Also, management could never take responsibility for ANYTHING, nor were they ever wrong about anything. Even they were at fault for anything they would try to put the blame on the employees instead of taking responsibility. In the end, it went from being management to just CONTROLLING. They felt that they had to have control in every single situation that I personally felt was not a WDFG group policy, but moreso, their own policy they personally created. Both store were very uncomfortably cold and they did NOTHING about it and did not want us wearing jackets. Lastly, if there were mistakes and errors in anything, they were quick to point out that there were errors but never gave instructions to fix them. And did not like and respect when someone requested off. As soon as another opportunity presented itself I was OUT.
Pros
Good Co-Workers, Meeting the people coming/going to their flights
Tread with caution
beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 26, 2015
Horrible morale on a daily basis from upper management. Although we pleaded to have a positive working environment, it was always overlooked. Constantly funneling money into projects that didn't make a difference instead of focusing on training and activities for an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
management