World Duty Free Employee Reviews

Productive and Relaxing
Airport Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2017
A typical day at work is great! You can come in and greet your employees and talk about each others day .The best part about working there you learn a lot about enhancing each other customer service skills! We meet all different types of people with all kinds of backgrounds and different states which i love .The only thing that can be difficult at times is making sure are product is not torn or damage so we can meet our sale goals .
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Very fun place
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2017
I learned my way around the airport because of this job. I walked Atleast 3-7 miles a day. Helped me stay in some what of shape. I've done everything from Overnight stocking to Replenishing
Cons
Paying for parking
I like the hour i work
LEAD STOCKER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
They are very unorganized. The management team is very unprofessional. I have learn what not to do as a manager. I do like some of my co-work the are fun to work with. Make the night go by fast cause we work well together.
workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
This workplace is very awesome. management is very good. co-workers are very friendly. such a nice place to work at. would love to work again. very well cultured place
Okay place to work
Retail Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2017
It was a stressful work place but the customers made it fun. The manager was very nice and considerate but the district manager made it very stressful. She'd arrive at a moments notice and if a candy wrapper was on the floor she'd assume it was there all day. She didn't think that just maybe a customer just dropped it
convient
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 19, 2017
the job is easy and a great place the management needs work. they aren't organized and the communication sucks. other than that I love the job and the hours that I work.
convient place to work
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2016
loved my manager and the way she interacted with everyone. .fun group to do hard work with
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 27, 2016
I enjoyed the interaction with the customers the most!! I really loved coming to work and had close relationships with many of my coworkers. I loved the time especially when our local Bay Area sports teams were in championship games.
Pros
working hard but having a good time doing it
Cons
lunch was hard to find with high cost of airport restaurants
Stay Away for Working at World Duty Free it is a very unhealthy and demanding envionment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta Hartsfield AirportSeptember 25, 2016
This is a very poor company to work for. You basically work for terrible wage and if the store does not meet its goal at the end of the month you get no commission as little as is anyway. Depending what store and terminal you work for you might work an 8 hour shift by yourself with a half hour break. Management is not very professional as giving employees time to use the restroom or get a drink you might call 4 people and habe wait over an hour before someone might come to help out.
I learned a lot from this Job, it kept me occupied at all times
Entry Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2016
● Completes opening and closing procedures for three stores in the airport. Completes midday drops for all stores. Reports all financial discrepancies.
● Enforces policies, ensures assigned task are completed. Motivates 30 subordinates to maintain quality service, cleanliness, and great customer service.
● Able to quickly identify and resolve problems, listen and respond to customer demands, and follow up to assure complete customer satisfaction.
Pros
the freedom to create my own leadership style
Cons
bad medical insurance.
Fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
Fun to for you meet some many great people at the airport! Move up to management quickly. contest w/ free product gifts monthly.
Pros
pay and opportunity
positive mindset
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2016
At the Airport we are always busy therefore we do not feel the time also we all have a productive spirit as we can form a great team.
Busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  SFOJune 16, 2016
Good work environment, management seems disorganized since the company has attained new ownership. There is little communication between employees and management. It feels like there is no investment to keep employees long term.
Fast paced job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 21, 2016
It's a fast paced job. Very simple and easy, but you need to be patient with customers. Very chill and enjoyable. It has it's pros and cons. It can be overwhelming, but time does go by quickly.
Chanllenging job with a team envoirment
Warehouse Clerk/Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2016
Very team oriented.One stands to learn a lot of the logistic of merchandise reaches the shelves Early starts and sometimes late days but all in all pretty good job.
Pros
Fun but still chanlleging
Cons
direct supervisor arent really team players
expect to fight
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2016
This job is great as long as you don't want to advance. I have inquired twice about being a supervisor and my boss passed me up on both. He told me it was because he didn't want to take away the floor consistency.

Typical day at work involves cleaning, stocking, greeting customers, cashing out customers, helping customers decide on the right product, opening and closing, and book orders.

All my supervisors are great. They treat me with respect and help me with anything I might need help with. My boss on the other hand doesn't know a lot about things going on out on the floor. He is a nice guy though.

The hardest part of the job is the crazy hours. I have a hard time getting a sleep cycle because of that. The best part of my job is dealing with people from all over the world.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
crazy hours, short breaks, and expensive ins
Great workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 13, 2016
Typical day at work it is very fast paced and it gets very busy but it has its slow moments.
Management is amazing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying customers.
Calm and secured job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bush international airportJune 5, 2015
A very busy place that theirs always people around the airport.
But very slow at times with nothing to do. Management is okay, sometimes they don't understand when the some of the employees have school. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job would be working long hours yet no mini breaks. No benefits, no holidays off. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, co-workers.
Pros
Retail discount, good people
Cons
No benefits, too much pressure
Productive busy workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beauty- fragrance/cosmetics departmentFebruary 16, 2014
My typical day at work,
Fulfilling daily tasks
To work well in a team and bring contributing ideas and discussions
To have a detailed knowledge about all the products and book sales
To perform a personal service for customers
Stock take
Merchandising stock
Passing on important hand over information when shifts change
Dealing with customer service telephone orders and request
Working on computers and delivering weekly paper work tasks which involve figures and targets of each brand.

I have learned a wide range of product knowledge in great detail of thousands of products in store, my service skills have improved and I have learnt the skills required to train others on product knowledge, welcome and train new comers, organise a daily planner for team members, extensive communications between colleagues.

I have a great relationship with my team and other co-workers, we are a team of 12, I communicate jobs and tasks throughout and during shifts, I motivate the team, forth coming with new creative ideas, I hold small up to date meetings with important information for the team. I work not only with 12 people but hundreds of other members around the store in each department, communication is key along with strong relationships.

The hardest part of the job is the early start, getting up at 3.00am to start work for 5.00am.

The most enjoyable part is working in a great team and having freedom around the large store, meeting new people each day and being able to give a personal customer service.
Pros
Incentive, trianing, discounted goods
Cons
unsociable hours
Very friendly environment in a fast paced area
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 20, 2013
Meet and Greet New customers made daily goal reports and make sure we provided the best customer service skills possible to our customers.
Pros
Great Opportunity to Advance
Cons
No set days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Duty Free. Our community is ready to answer.

World Duty Free Reviews by Location