World Finance Corporation Employee Reviews

wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  lexington tnDecember 10, 2016
if you want to move up to management this is a great place to work otherwise is still a great place. they are good to all employees. miss working there!
Best Place To Work!
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILAugust 18, 2016
Management is awesome, very understanding, very nice place to work, and you get monthly bonuses if you make standard on your delinquent. Couldn't ask for a better place to work! You get paid holiday right off the back, you also get health insurance and dental insurance.
Loans and Tax Service
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 3, 2016
Great place if you don't mind not seeing your family. Long hours. Conflicting guidance from upper management. Long hours driving your car in dangerous neighborhoods where previouis managers made loans. Long reviews in office on bad debt. Goals were set very high. Bonuses promised seldom seen.
Pros
Contests between offices
Cons
Long hours and supervisors that don't support you.
Another great company to work for
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMay 4, 2016
Good company. My office team was great. Hardest part of the job was outside collections. Learned a lot of new things about the Finance business.
Pros
Wonderful people
Stressful and Demanding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day was coming in early to pick up bank bags, starting the day on the phones calling customers at their homes and jobs and all of their references (which I felt was a little overboard). I learned patience, self efficiency and self motivation. Co-workers weren't always as self motivated and eager to do their own jobs and management wasn't really efficient at insuring that each person was pulling his or her own weight. The hardest part of the job was the extremely long hours and field collections into the night. I enjoyed interacting with different people and personalities every day,
Pros
Time out of the office when doing field collections
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, Poor management
Collection of default payments
Manager (Former Employee) –  ILNovember 19, 2015
I had given loans to customers and when they default on them i have to go to there homes and jobs to collect money from them. I ran everything in the office the paper work, phone calls and ect.
Very Productive and enjoy working with my customers and coworkers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Decherd, TNOctober 18, 2015
My typical day at work is getting the job done with many please customers and my boss sees that the job is done tactfully and we have fun with our customers while we work.
Pros
Sometimes we get free lunches at the end of the month.
Cons
No breaks and healthcare family coverage is unaffordable.
Great team work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 29, 2015
As the assistant manager I worked with my team to do collections in the field as well and meet and make new clients. I had a great team where we worked hard to complete our monthly goals.
Pros
health care paid in full
Great company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WISeptember 5, 2015
A lot of potential for advancement
Salary for all positions is fair
Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
This company has been around for a long time and is currently undergoing some major changes to improve its functionality. With a new HR coordinator and CEO, they are making WFC a more up-to-date company to work for. For example, upgrading the computer systems to make the processing more efficient.
Obtained a experience in sells!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 15, 2015
A typical day at work consists opening/closing the store, pending on your shifts. Greeting customers as they arrive and assisting them locate desired merchandise.
Good Company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodville, TexasAugust 2, 2015
The job can be very stressful, due to the drive to be the best you can be. The job is very stressful, due to this line of work. Collections is never easy. I loved the tax preparation. I really enjoyed my coworkers. The training that is provided on the job is fast paced and the software can be difficult at times. Once you learn it it is pretty amazing. There seems to be no end to the capabilities the program provided. Given the opportunity I would love to work for them again.
Pros
Incentives to push yourself and your staff to perform, money, lunches
Cons
Long hours at times.
Medical receptionist
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  WARNER ROBINS,GAJuly 27, 2015
This job was a joy to have , I loved the patients , loved my work , and loved the employer , but the pay was not good, if they had better pay I would not have left this place. I really do miss the patients
Pros
EVERYTHING
great benefits and fun people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed this job because I got to meet a lot of new people, and interact with people on a daily basis. The atmosphere was comfortable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team. The management was on our level and had an open door policy. the hardest part of the job was some of the late working hours, especially during tax season.
Pros
Great benefits
Productive And Fun Work Place Dealing with Customers
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALJune 8, 2015
I really enjoy working with others. Helping others. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have a job to do and its a must I do my job. a typical day at work for me is very fulfilling. I love working especially in a place of business where I have to work under pressure.
Unhappy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 31, 2015
At times they could be very unprofessional. I applied for promotion and I did not get the job, but I was not notified by management that someone else had gotten the job until I walked in the door on Monday morning to find my new boss there!
Productive and educational while helping people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMMay 15, 2015
Working in the office with my manager was exciting and she taught me a lot. We would do our phone calls and plan how we were going to meet standard before the end of the month. Once the calls were done my manager would show me something new that I did not know. I worked with one other co-worker and she was very nice as well and we all three worked very well together.
The hardest part of this job was when the supervisor came into town or called. She did not know how to approach her employees. It always seemed like what we did in the office, even when we met standards, was not good enough. The thing that bothered me the most there was when I called in sick because I had the flu. My manager was very understanding but the supervisor questioned everything about it. I had missed two days and in the law it states that it has to be more than three days before you need a doctor note. She told me I needed one and that I could not call in anymore. I cannot predict when I was going to be sick so the job just got harder with her constantly asking me about my time off and vacation time and saying I needed to do more to help the office when my manager that works with me in the office said I was doing great.
The best part about this job was the people I got to help when they had no where else to go and working with my manager she honestly taught me a lot.
Pros
Monthly bonus, healthcare.
Cons
Sick leave and vacation time
good
CSR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
great company to work for, good vibes, great employees, great experience. good place for anyone to gain office experience and financial experience as well.
Stable Company to Work For
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gallup NMApril 7, 2015
World Finance is a stable company to work for. They have plenty of room for advancement and compensation. With the right manager, it is a excellent company. My manager played favorites which made my job a little difficult. Overall it was a decent company to work for.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Manager favorites lots of overtime.
Fast paced, fun working environment
Customer Service/Loans (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Rossville, Ga.March 10, 2015
It was an interesting job, I was only a temp there so I only got to work there for a couple of months. The workers there are great and love their customers.
Collections Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Great out of high school job. Learned alot through the company. Worked at a very fast pace throught the years. In charge most of the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Finance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.