World Finance Corporation

World Finance Corporation Employer Reviews

Collections Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Great out of high school job. Learned alot through the company. Worked at a very fast pace throught the years. In charge most of the time
Over all a fun and professional work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Courtesy/Collection Calls
Field Calls
Answer a multi-line telephone
Cash Management
Book Loans/Renew Loans
Provide superior customer service
Resolve problems and/or complaints from customers
Scan/Copy/Fax important documentation
Maintain office clean
Credit applications over the phone
Check Credit
Verify employment and residence
worked as office manager
Office manager (Former Employee), Ripley TNSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
computer,filing, phone collecting, chasing residence,taking payments worked with two other employees, managing was a learning experience and there was always changes that i was egar to learn, the hardest part of the job was going to the peoples house to collect the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people
Productive and fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Indianapols, INJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, lad back job, meet tons of new awesome customers
The managers and co-workers are wonderful and easy going. Then again, I got along with everyone i worked with! The job calls for you to interact with new customers everyday which i enjoy because i love meeting new people. i enjoy this job most of all the jobs i have been with since it gives me daily challenges and keeps me on my toes.
Productive job where you learn to handle and help every kind of people from all over the city.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: full time job with benefits.
Cons: on some occasions your hard work doesn't pay off.
A typical day at work begins with me arriving to the office early in the morning, log in into the system and commence to make collection calls. Collection calls are made to the customers that don't make their payments on time. What I learned here is that credit and your credit history is very important here in the United States. During my time at this company I have been relocated around town at least 4 times. The reason for this is that the title of Assistant Manager needs to get experience because the sole purpose of this position is to get to the management position of a branch. At my current office I work beside a customer representative and my office manager. They are hard working and very good workmates. The hardest part of my job would be that we work too hard on the collections to get our monthly bonuses but people still refuse to pay. The most enjoyable part of the job would be when I go out on collections calls drive around town.
A company that cares about their employees and customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Eldon, MOSeptember 23, 2013
World Acceptance/ World Finance Corporation is by far the best place for employment. This company cares about it's employees and customer base. It definitely takes a unique individual to work there. This is a very fast paced job and switching gears from taking a loan application to customer service to collections. management in this company is amazing they take the time to train and help correct any mistakes by showing you and then explaining how to fix it. the hardest part is outside collections but I do have to say the most enjoyable part of this job is helping people in need of a loan.
Small easy to get along work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 17, 2013
It's difficult to discuss issues with higher ups, however the inter office roles are easily definable and able to be utilized to better work experience.
very competative work environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pearsall, TXJuly 3, 2013
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: office work is not evenly distributed
very competitive, your bonuses are based on how hard you worked the whole month, i did however have a lazy group of employees so i carried most of the office on my back.
VERY STRENUOUS WORK ENVIRONMENT WITH GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 12, 2013
Pros: overtime hours weekly
Cons: unexpected mandatory late nights
A typical day at work would consist of completing a collection call lists between the hours of 8:30am-11:00am. The call lists contained anywhere from 100-150 accounts daily. We were required to take loan applications over the phone as well as set arrangements on accounts for customers who had difficulty making payments on their accounts. I learned how to manage accounts, how to accurately pull and read a credit report and how to resolve customer issues meanwhile making the customer feel confident in my ability to resolve their issues. I worked for the company for about a year and a half and during that time, I had 4 different managers. I will say that I had the best work environment with the last manager I worked with. The hardest part of the job was collections. It is difficult to get a person to comply with the contracts they've signed as far as making on time monthly payments, which then affected our deliquency reports at the end of the month. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting,interacting, helping, and building relationships with the customers. It felt good to be able to relieve a little of their stress due to whatever financial difficulty they were experiencing.
Tough on family life
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Belton, MOJune 7, 2013
Great staff and outlook on career, but a tough on family life. Once you go salary, they expect all of your time.
productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager/ Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Morris, ILMay 3, 2013
Pros: fun work place
Cons: hours and wages
Outstanding Customer service. Organized/detail-Oriented/ Time Managegement .Accout setup for New Customer, Former and present customer accounts for loans .Achieve collection performance targets as assigned by credit and collection manager.
Evaluate financial risk and credit worthiness.
Productive & fun company workplace
Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ILDecember 19, 2012
Pros: benefits, advancement
Cons: lots of travel, going to customer's homes to collect monies
Really enjoyed working for the company. They had alot of benefits that came with the job. Enjoyed the responsiblity that came with it as well. Typical day included collections (which included calls & field calls), loans, and taxes. I really loved my job except going to peoples homes to collect money and the constant traveling. I worked 60-70 hours/week and was paid salary was a big con.
BUSY
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Freeport, ILDecember 16, 2012
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK CONSISTS OF MAKING PHONE CALLS TO PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT MAKING PAYMENTS, GOING TO PEOPLES HOUSES AND JOBS TO TRY AND COLLECT PAYMENTS, TAKING APPLICATIONS FORNEW LOANS, PROCESSING NEW LOANS AND REFINANCING CURRENT LOANS, TAKING PAYMENYS
Not all people wil enjoy the job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saraland, ALNovember 14, 2012
The day starts off at 8:30am with what we call phone file. The collection process is all day. The goal is to collect whats out and build on the ledger by getting new loans. Second is getting new loans are renewals in from existing customers.Once phone file is done outside collections begin after lunch. While out assistant is to contact customers that have not been contacted by phone.The best part of the job is when I was able to help someone that really needed
it.
Not all people wil enjoy the job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saraland, ALNovember 14, 2012
it.
productive work environment, fast paced at times, slow at others, overall has been a wonderful experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ozark, ALOctober 27, 2012
Pros: benefits such as health insurance and a stable paycheck plus bonuses
Cons: sitting at a desk unable to get up and move around much
I have never worked in collections before I began working for a finance company, so it was a little difficult in the beginning being firm and nice at the same time. My co-workers gave constructive criticism to better understand how to perform the job tactfully. My typical day consisted of phone file in the morning, followed by former borrower solicitation as well as present borrow renewal solicitation, processing new loans, refinancing loans, taking applications for credit, pulling credit from equifax, working up a budget to see if the customer qualified for a loan, assessing collateral, and other basic office duties. I enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job better than the collections aspect. I have always worked in customer service and being friendly towards customers is much more favorable than trying to collect payments when they cannot pay, which is what I would consider the hardest part of my job.
Love the girls I work with, BUT.....
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Dothan, ALSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: mileage, customers
Cons: poor pay, poor benefits, poor leave
I love the girls I work with, but our company does not fulfill my needs. The pay is poor, we do not get over time, our bonuses are small. our benefits are not good. We have to work our tales off to get our numbers every month and most of time we do not get thank you for your hard work. When I was hired on with this company they talked all their benefits and pays raises up. well I have been there a year and have not even received a review, my first review was yesterday. I enjoy my customers and the women I work with. I do not mind Finance work, but the management and the pay make it very non enjoyable.
Fast paced work environment with many perks.
customer service representative/ assistant manager (Former Employee), Somerset, KySeptember 6, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: too many people trying to do one job at a time
Daily loan applications with review of credit report. Processing and closing loans. I achieved a certificate in tax preperation during my employment.
Bill collector
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 20, 2012
If you enjoy bill collecting and skip tracing maybe you'll like this job more than I did, but I quickly realized this was not for me and it was time to move on.
Fun, small office
Assistant Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXJuly 22, 2012
Pros: benefits and compesation for mileage
Cons: following up with customers who did not pay on time
A typical day would consist of helping customers and potential new customers with small loans. I learned how to approve or deny loans for customers. It was a small office so it was just myself and my office manager who was the office manager. The hardest part was denying the customer a loan due to the work history or their credit score. The most enjoyable part was approving customers and printing out the checks.

About World Finance Corporation

Who in the world will accept your poor credit? World Acceptance Corp. just might. The consumer finance company offers short-term – Read more

World Finance Corporation Salaries