World Finance Employee Reviews

Supervisor is a bully!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXFebruary 8, 2018
There was no good training. You are expected to just catch on. I love collections and I am good at it. My supervisor was very condescending to me and the BSR. Unfortunately because she retaliates against you, no one says anything. Good luck to the next manager. You will need it!!
Pros
Money
Cons
Supervisor
Awesome staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 6, 2018
When I worked in the Summerville office it was amazing. Great Manager who helped her staff and did amazing job training and teaching me everything I needed to know. Awesome team who came together and got the job done.
I would never apply to World Finance again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 6, 2018
Working there at first was wonderful I enjoyed coming into work daily I enjoyed my job there although the racism at my office and the way that they approve their loans were very disturbing to me I was not able to handle the certain situations in the office that deal with racism or politics I had to excuse myself from the office
Benefits
Cons
Management and district managers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALFebruary 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job at World Finance i will have to say is my customers, i love to interacting with them. They help my day go by faster i enjoy putting a smile on their faces when they come into my office they appreciate it when i recognize them before they even walk though the door. My customers say i make them feel like family but with a business attitude they don't feel nervous or embarrassed to talk to me about whats going on with their finances.
Pros
my customers, health care
Cons
no paid over time
Great company to work for just not enough pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 31, 2018
2 Years experience..Typical day at work. Make contact with customers, process payments, process loans. Great environment. Learned how collection works, learned about tax. Hardest part of the job would be trying to get in contact with some of the customers. Everyone in the workplace was great just not very competitive when it comes to compensation. Started off at 9.00 Before I recently left it was 10.50 But now the new employees will start off with $13.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Low pay
very serious not enough time in a day to please everyone
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 29, 2018
the job with World Finance was not consistent with your experience. I would love to work for a company that provides enough energy to make your focus on the job better to understand
Very good people and great emplyee benifits
Six Color Digital Maintenance and Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2018
I had fully intended on retireing with world acceptance corp .The company made a business decision to out source all of our work
And I understand business decisions to maintain profit margins for company and the majority of all for the best interest of company.
Pros
Benifits, production bonuses
Cons
Some weeks in our busy season we would have to work 50 to 60 hrs per week
amazing job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJanuary 25, 2018
this is a corp. but a great place to work if you like collections! they give amazing pay to the managers, and the assistant gets decent pay! they are good to work for
Pros
everything
It was a great learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJanuary 25, 2018
World finance was a great learning experience in management training. You are always dealing with customers so there always different personalities that you have to deal with and this grows your people skills as dealing with the public.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Hours
Good
Texas Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alton, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Good job over all. Pretty much collecter position . Making calls all day along with processing payments. Filling out walk in applications ,writing out checks ect.
Good company
Loan Manager (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXJanuary 18, 2018
As Manager of the office always try to take care of my customer and my assistant. Customers for me become number one, with out good customer service, my job won't be easy.
Overall good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 28, 2017
I enjoyed 5 of my 7 year tenure with the company. I worked for three different supervisors and enjoyed them for the most part. The company is constantly making changes and for the most part are good changes. The manager role can be very demanding especially if you receive little support from your supervisor. Overall I would recommend this company for employment.
Benefits
Cons
Hours of operation are not justified.
decent
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  skiatook,okDecember 26, 2017
Decent benefits. Branches are open on Saturdays so you do have to work some weekends. Decent benefits and most people move up fast. They do lay people off fast though.
Great People...terrible industry
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2017
Other employees at World were great, but the sub-prime lending industry sucks. They require you to lend money to people and then collect it back. Collection work is the worst. Customers are rude a lot of the time and are usually 3rd class citizens.
World requires long hours, 6 days a week and the pay is extremely low for the amount of workload.
Pros
Other Employees
Cons
Hours, pay, collection work
Fast pace/competitive/family oriented
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCDecember 7, 2017
I was branch manger for 6 years and i had a great staff, great store, great location, and good supervisor. I left because of health insurance prices getting higher and higher. I love World and the decision was difficult to leave. This is a good company to work for as long as you can run your store you will be relaxed with your staff. Our store loved the holidays and was one of the first finance companies ever to have a float in the parade in town.
Pros
Location/staff/management
Cons
Helath insurance is high for family
The job is great but management is poor
BRANCH SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 6, 2017
The job itself is fun and enjoyable but the working environment and management is poor. The hours are not flexible and promotions are based on who the supervisors like.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor management
It’s not for everyone
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellmead, TXDecember 5, 2017
I do recommend working here but you have to be able to handle everything that comes with the job. There’s good days and bad days and you never know what you’re going to get when it comes to World.
Dont do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TnDecember 1, 2017
Job very stressful. Pay was ok but bonuses were a joke. You work hard and only get 15% of the bosses bonus. Tax season is fun. Did enjoy the time off but when vacation was done I didnt enjoy going back.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
productive and very helpful
manager,asst mgr, csr (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYNovember 28, 2017
i liked working here, very laid back and relaxing atmosphere. the hours were great and the upper mgnt and mgr were awesome. they take very good care of their employees.
Pros
free lunches, incentives always
Part time only
Office Help (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 26, 2017
I worked here only part time and it was only a temporary job. I enjoyed working there and learning new skills. This job was what I needed at the time and it worked out for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Finance. Our community is ready to answer.