World Fuel Services

World Fuel Services Employee Reviews

Great place for explore yourself and have a great opportunity to became a productive person.
QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2016
I have been working at World Fuel Services (Less than a year). This is a very high-paced and growing environment.Very professional, international and dynamic environment. Successful consolidator in a consolidating industry. Company knows how to adjust quickly and successfully to changes and opportunities in an industry dominated by changes in oil prices, geo-politics and government regulation. I came here because of the opportunity to create and grow and WFS has not failed to deliver that and more. The people are genuine, hardworking and have a collaborative spirit. I truly do enjoy coming to work everyday and feel I have grown more as a professional and person.
Nice
Business analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2016
It was really nice working there
people there are very friendly
I learned a lot while working there
Co-Workers are pretty freindly
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
Productive, good benefits, modern work enviroment.
Financial Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Productive company, offers good pay and an excellent benefits package. Good work/life balance. Would benefit from better training program. Co-workers make it enjoyable to work. Company provides activities year round to boost morale.
Great Opportunity
International Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2016
Headquarters are in Florida difficult to communicate from different locations. Interesting topics a lot of hard working managers.
Stay far away from this place
Flight Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2016
The only good thing about the job was a few of the supervisors and during the time working days, you get 3 or 4 days off, but you pay for it with 13+ hour days.

A typical day is handling very short notice trips and trying to convince CAAs to give you a permit. They have their pet customers, and woe to you if something goes wrong, even if it is a ridiculous request they make. You can never say no.

Spire Flight Solutions, which is part of them in Denver, is led by a very inept, lazy, good for nothing manager. He shoves all of his responsibility to the lower levels, and throws people under the bus to save himself. That is of course if you are not his pet. They change policies and procedures weekly, so it's very hard to remember what the latest is.

The sales team act like bosses, and treat them like secretaries, especially the ones in Singapore. The manager lets them, and encourages it.

The atmosphere is very toxic, and they do not listen to a word you say. Plus, they continue to hire inexperienced people. The turnover rate is very high, and that says a lot about the structure. I was there 2 1/2 years ago, and from a start of 15, I ended as number 3 in seniority, including the supervisors.

To be fair, the benefits are really good. The pay not so much. They just recently realized they underpaid and increased everyone.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad management, long days
Product Control
Senior Product Control Lead - Aviation Segment (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2015
Under utilized in the position. The heirarchy limits the efficieny of the segmented trading groups within the firm. They need to take a better approach at managing younger employees and builing a culture of training.
Self Started
IT Project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2015
To be able to fit in the organizational culture, from day one the employee must to be self started and fast learner.

I do not have much to say about benefits since I am not an employee. I work as contractor.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Lack of communications most of the time
Not a very professional place to work
FLIGHT PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXAugust 18, 2015
Since the merger with Colt they are going downhill. They have several dangerous situations that are possible since they have flaws in the their software.
Productive and Rewarding
Financial Operations Coordinator - Aviation (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 11, 2015
Great management,
good company culture,
people are friendly,
career advancement,
Excellent industry with fast paced challenges,
re location opportunities
Pros
Fee Parking
Cons
No Free Lunches
Weak
M&A / Business Development - Land Division (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2015
Poor pay. Politics. Poor senior management. Low Integrity. Job security is fine. Culture is horrible. Doral location is horrible.
Fast paced environment
Sr. Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2015
World Fuel is a fast pace environment, long hours, good benefits and an overall good work environment.Due to World Fuel's continued path of fast pace growth, there are constant projects to be tackled and at times can be very challenging when they overlap.
Very interesting work.
Senior Flight Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJune 12, 2014
One of the things that I love about working at World Fuel Services is the wide range of work that I have to do. Thee is never a boring day at the office.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
Management seems to be disconnected from the ops department.
Great place
Office Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 1, 2014
Like the place, no room for growth in dept. Ive learned more customer service.
Most enjoyable is meeting people.
and the hardest has been doing office moves
Cool workplace
Commercial Analyst, Jr (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2014
Very high paced work environment. Assisting in the development and review of deal analysis, examining transaction terms and recommending the most profitable options to superiors. Researching seaports all over the world to initiate future customer relationship for providing fuel.
Best Kept Secret in Miami
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 25, 2014
World Fuel Services was a great experience and a great company to work for. Its big but small enough to know names. Had a really good time interning that summer.
Pros
Not much micromanagement
Cons
Great company to get diversified experience in all aspects of aviation
Manager of Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2014
Each day brings new challenges with initiatives that have high expectations. With that, I feel that I am maximizing my learning curve about the business as I am given opportunities to work with different departments within my company. I get a taste of everything, and that allows me to leverage my relationships across different divisions which, at the end of the day, adds value back to the company. Being a part of management has given me a holistic view of what goes on in the front- and back-end of the office. Also, getting my MBA while in management has allowed me to apply what I have learned to everyday business.
Pros
Great family and work balance
Cons
People I work with are spread across different time zones
Very productive
QA Lead/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2013
gained Domain knowledge
Great Co Workers
Had a great interaction with the Business Users
Learnt JIRA greenhopper
Hostile work environment with plenty of politics
Fuel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2013
Pay is below average for qualified employees and severely below average for the revenues and profits of such a company of less than 2,000 employees. Average paid time off, average 401k match and somewhat pricey health benefits. Seemingly great company on the exterior, but the low level staff is a joke. My day consisted of gathering the information I needed to do my work from as many exterior sources as possible and hope I didn’t have to battle my own coworkers for information needed to accomplish my tasks, as communication with outside sources was better and easier than communication within the company itself. Individuals operate in competition with one another to the point of counter-productivity. The company endorses a policy of nepotism which extremely limits the talent brought in. (Bonuses are given for referring new employees.) Advancement is usually available to those who've simply been there for too many years or to those who've connived their way into the favor of upper management. Ambition to advance or gain education and training is met with hostility from those in higher positions. There seems to be an unwritten policy of learn your job and keep your nose out of everything else. Sadly, there’s an overload of petty drama and office politics from entry level all the way to upper management.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Pay, stress, competitiveness, politics, nepotism, lack of advancement, drama
Very productive company and great work eviroment .
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Great company to work for , very good management and benefits .
Sr Developer
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2013
New domain to work on and great to learn new technologies.
Good project experience overall