World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employer Reviews

its was good for helping to poor people
Agriculture program assistant (Current Employee), INMay 21, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
i did good job there and learn a lot in health field

the most enjoyable par of the job was field trip
my favorite place
Secretary/Clerk/Typist (Former Employee), alexandria egyptMay 10, 2014
one of the best job i worked at .------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), Genève, GEMay 5, 2014
Great experience to be exposed to the working of the WHO; really depends on the team/project you're working on; fun environment with other interns; very exciting, international city (Geneva); unpaid, unfortunately.
Team work with the aim of producing results
Radio Operator (Former Employee), GhanaFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: never look at time when working
Cons: no break or short breaks
A typical day at work is from 7:30 am to 12:30 with 1:45 minutes break, dealing with huge volumes of emails and proposing responses. I have learnt to be very patience and paying attention to details. In terms of management, this is done in consultation with my boss in regards to schedules, appointments and deadlines to respect. Co-works were very pleasant – more... and ready to help. There was nothing hard about the work expect when you have to prepare missions within 48 hours without having all the information at hand. The most enjoyable part is to get to know people and also get to used to multi tasks. – less
Productive legal office.
Legal Intern (Office of General Counsel) (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2014
Learned policy affecting Latin American countries. Helped organized computer database system. Worked with very friendly attorneys and other staff members.
Working with WHO i feel proud myself.
Surveillance Medical Officer (Former Employee), KathmanduJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: working environment was very good, good resource within organization, and chain of command made me to work for long time.
Cons: limited access of publication, and limited benifit for ssa contract holders
I learned from this organization about time management, work with low resource setting condition, presentation style, community dialogue, provide feed back, supervise staff.
Trainer in Epidemic Preparedness in Africa
Sr Epidemiologist (Former Employee), Yaoundé, CameroonDecember 30, 2013
Built capacity of Africa countries on preparedness for epidemics and outbreaks in Cameroon, Congo, Namibia, and Uganda,
Active workplace
Operational Research Consultant (Former Employee), JordanDecember 14, 2013
Active and dedicated work force, fluid office environment, challenging and rewarding experience.
good workplace
Field Project Officer (Current Employee), SuvaDecember 4, 2013
Great workplace, but sometimes very hard to secure a job with them.
High dynamic work environment
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Jerusalem, Palestinian Occupied TerritoriesNovember 15, 2013
This was a very active and sensitive work, we had to respond quickly to urgent needs for hospitals and clinics, this required high accuracy, complete bidding, prompt deadlines to be met. The relations with the co-workers was fantastic, actually it was a strong requirement for job completion, beside have some fun, lunch together and some jokes here and – more... there. The hardest about this job was responding to urgency in a very limited time, very high pressure mentally and physically. The best part that really made us happy, really happy was when we deliver the urgent items, specially medications and medical equipment to hospitals. – less
Busy, very short time to see the out comes of activities
Short term consultant (Former Employee), Mbeya, TanzaniaNovember 15, 2013
Pros: good experince to see un agency poicies
Cons: un able to see activity outcomes
I had exposed to the international position and got diverse experience particularly on the area of immunization and disease surveillance.
great place to work with employees of World Health Organization from around the world. Good experience and exposure.
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee), MalaysiaNovember 6, 2013
Pros: great benefit
Every day i look forward to walk into WHO office. I make sure my work is completed before i leave my desk in the evenings. So when i come in the office i will start assigning daily task for my subordinates and look into the emails and respond to them on timely manner.
Prioritize my work has become a no. 1 task as everything in this organization is urgent. – more... i have learned a lot from this organization as sometime in United Nations office we have emergency situation arise throughout the world. Regardless of time we have to prepare the employee to move or relocate to the emergency situation by preparing the necessaries irregardless within the same country or overseas.
The co-workers are from diverse background. They are very friendly and a great team player.
The hardest part of the job is were at times we have to communicate with some staff which is not in the office and is on field duty for some hazardous duty station we are not able to reach them to convey the message as they might have limited resources of communication but nevertheless we have always find a solution to all of this.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people around you who i work with and work for. Its a great team and i really enjoyed working here. – less
Productive experience, Great work environment
Intern (Former Employee), Genève, GESeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, networking opportunities
Cons: unpaid
Disease surveillance and monitoring using online media sources through the WHO Hazard risk assessment program. Daily meetings and decisions made concerning disease outbreaks, and the subsequent response
Loved working with team for good cause
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), New Delhi, IndiaAugust 31, 2013
Loved working with World Health Organization. Its was a great place to work.
Organized
Internship (Former Employee), Cairo,EgyptJuly 1, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks
Learning about the mortality and morbidity rates in EMRO countries.Compliling information and working with tight-deadlines.
WHO is wonderful organization
Medical Officer and Research Investigator (Former Employee), Arifwala, Punjab PakistanApril 25, 2013
In Conjunction with World Health Organization. (WHO assisted program)
Responsibilities: Conducted clinical studies and surveys on the effectiveness of antiviral drugs used in HIV/AIDS. Routine hospital site monitoring visits for Data collection on viral loads, symptoms progression, adverse experiences and patient interviews. Conducted pharmacy inventory – more... and drug accountability procedures. Supervised and trained a team of study nurses and community health assistants on study procedures and methods of clinical study documentation. – less
WHO is wonderful organization
In Conjunction with World Health Organization. (WHO assisted program)
Demanding job
Data management (Former Employee), Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaApril 18, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
It needs time to clean the data, harmonize and prepare reports. It was fun, a lot to learn and good for experience. The working environment was not conducive, I learned a lot to do with Health.
Nice but short experience
Consultant (Former Employee), BeirutApril 14, 2013
Pros: safe and secure place to work with
Cons: too many gossips
Nice but short experience as it was contract based. I recommend it highly though.
very good
General management (Former Employee), GhanaMarch 27, 2013
challenging and effective working relations to achieve the best for the day

About World Health Organization

The World Health Organization (WHO) is the  United Nations' agency for health. The organization focuses on four main areas, led – Read more