World Health Organization Employee Reviews

It is a world class organization with some of the best minds in the world
Internship (Official Intern) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
Loved everything about it. We had free coffee, tea, and snacks all the time. Also the leaders are very intelligent people. I loved my boss who got retired this year though.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Job is stress free, work in good coordination with partners and County Health Team.
IPC Specialist- (Current Employee) –  Kakata, Margibi countyMay 24, 2017
Good most of the time, learn to engaged Community dwellers, Good management. Getting Health Care workers monthly report on time.
Partners coordination in the Country.
Pros
Free Communication and Lunch
Cons
Improved Health Care System
good place to meet great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Geneva,March 2, 2017
WHO is such a good example that embraces diversity. You can meet so many people with distinct background and you can learn so much from them. I really enjoyed the experience there.
Pros
international atmosphere
Cons
no payment for interns
Conducive working environment with great opportunities to learn more
Community Engagement Officer (Former Employee) –  Sierra LeoneJanuary 25, 2017
Respect time and result oriented
Believe in collaborative effort to produce maximum result
firm but respect others views and always willing t support others
Always willing to abide by rules and regulations of the work environment
When expected result seems to be far fetched due to limited resources
When required result or outcome is achieved.
Pros
Opportunity to meet and share ideas with different personalities
Cons
Less time of your own (Short breaks)
Hard working environment, many meetings
Western Pacific Regional Office Intern (Former Employee) –  ManilaNovember 5, 2016
As a non-profit organization responsible for global health, there is a lot going on at the World Health Organization. Often faced with the problem of understaffing, the workload can get heavy, but the supportive culture among the employees is a steady backbone. WHO values its staff the most, and has a very fair and opportune environment for its employees. It is one of the most diverse places I have ever worked as well.
Pros
Diversity, learning opportunities
good expreince
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  cairoMarch 27, 2016
it was a good experience , knowing how the professional life goes , as I was trying to work and study at the same time , i started as an internship
very productive
Personal Assistant (P.A) (Former Employee) –  Uwangele Local Government, Imo StateApril 6, 2015
paid advocacy visit to some ward and settlements assigned to me and recommended solution there in to any complaint made.
Pros
Free Lunches, Financial Benefits
Cons
Free Medication
It was was productive and fun place.
Assistant Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  DelhiDecember 12, 2014
All days were busy but well managed with excellent coworker.
Maintaining data but it was always fun when our whole team were able to got their job done.
very helpful Organisation for my productive job for national security and Health
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Kotu LayoutSeptember 12, 2014
The WHO sponsored me during my accademic pursuit to become a Professional Doctor. All its staff were helpful, supportive and cordially working .
Pros
provission of regular monthly stipen
Cons
It was my first hospital after graduating
Assistant Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  DelhiAugust 27, 2014
It was a government set up in India. A fun place to work with lots of experience.
productive and fun workplace with potential colleagues
ICT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  House, NMAugust 24, 2014
Excellent organizational and IT skills, with experience in dealing high level workloads within strict deadlines I am successfully providing ICT supports to achieve the organizational objectives. I am a motivated and efficient learner who looks forward to work in a dynamic environment that can further develop my skills and experience.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
its was good for helping to poor people
Agriculture program assistant (Current Employee) –  INMay 21, 2014
i did good job there and learn a lot in health field

the most enjoyable par of the job was field trip
Productive legal office.
Legal Intern (Office of General Counsel) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2014
Learned policy affecting Latin American countries. Helped organized computer database system. Worked with very friendly attorneys and other staff members.
Active workplace
Operational Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  JordanDecember 14, 2013
Active and dedicated work force, fluid office environment, challenging and rewarding experience.
High dynamic work environment
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jerusalem, Palestinian Occupied TerritoriesNovember 15, 2013
This was a very active and sensitive work, we had to respond quickly to urgent needs for hospitals and clinics, this required high accuracy, complete bidding, prompt deadlines to be met. The relations with the co-workers was fantastic, actually it was a strong requirement for job completion, beside have some fun, lunch together and some jokes here and there. The hardest about this job was responding to urgency in a very limited time, very high pressure mentally and physically. The best part that really made us happy, really happy was when we deliver the urgent items, specially medications and medical equipment to hospitals.
great place to work with employees of World Health Organization from around the world. Good experience and exposure.
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaNovember 6, 2013
Every day i look forward to walk into WHO office. I make sure my work is completed before i leave my desk in the evenings. So when i come in the office i will start assigning daily task for my subordinates and look into the emails and respond to them on timely manner.
Prioritize my work has become a no. 1 task as everything in this organization is urgent. i have learned a lot from this organization as sometime in United Nations office we have emergency situation arise throughout the world. Regardless of time we have to prepare the employee to move or relocate to the emergency situation by preparing the necessaries irregardless within the same country or overseas.
The co-workers are from diverse background. They are very friendly and a great team player.
The hardest part of the job is were at times we have to communicate with some staff which is not in the office and is on field duty for some hazardous duty station we are not able to reach them to convey the message as they might have limited resources of communication but nevertheless we have always find a solution to all of this.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people around you who i work with and work for. Its a great team and i really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Great benefit
Helping people
Consultant for N.I.Ds of Polio Eradication (Former Employee) –  Warrap, Southern SudanSeptember 25, 2013
I worked as a consultant in Warrap state, we cooperate with Unicef office in Waw city.
Pros
Field work
Cons
Hard life, high temperature
WHO is wonderful organization
Medical Officer and Research Investigator (Former Employee) –  Arifwala, Punjab PakistanApril 25, 2013
In Conjunction with World Health Organization. (WHO assisted program)
Responsibilities: Conducted clinical studies and surveys on the effectiveness of antiviral drugs used in HIV/AIDS. Routine hospital site monitoring visits for Data collection on viral loads, symptoms progression, adverse experiences and patient interviews. Conducted pharmacy inventory and drug accountability procedures. Supervised and trained a team of study nurses and community health assistants on study procedures and methods of clinical study documentation.
Meetings, workshop, seminars, community outreach programs
Internship on Infectious disease (Former Employee) –  Ghana- West AfricaMay 13, 2012
A typical day at WHO will start with meeting. Workshop, seminar, or going to a community outreach program. As an Intern I accompanied the National Professional offices (NPO) to various meeting I was privilege to have a broad knowledge of what the WHO was about I gained management and leadership experience as well as a community liaison.
The hardest part about the job was the long commute, as an Intern I did not earn any income consequently place a financial strain.
Diverse culture and a pleasant atmosphere to work.
Most enjoying part is the unity, also safety and security when travelling. Job security and room for advancement
Overall I learnt a lot and appreciate the opportunities and experience I gained
Pros
safety and security
Cons
no stipend, no benefit, no health insurance for interns