World Kitchen Employee Reviews in United States

Busy Enviroment
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJune 28, 2016
Spoke to all the sales representatives regarding pricing contracts for all of our clients. The management was exceptional and worked very well with all the employees. Unfortunately, we were bought out which ended my employment there.
Fast paced call center during busy season.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Management here was great. I was only working over the busy holiday season through a temp agency. I enjoyed my experience here and have nothing, but good to say about my personal experience at World Kitchen, LLC.
Productive and Fun work Atmosphere
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 18, 2015
A typical day includes interacting with people across all functions of the business including brand marketing, customer marketing, design, engineering, quality and finance. The environment encourages all to give their input and to reach out to others to further their skills and experiences. A great workplace with many great and accommodating people.
Pros
Free lunches and products, friendly and outgoing co-workers, good work-life balance
good company to work for
Quality assurance inspector/line operator (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PANovember 16, 2015
Would give this company 5 stars Typical day consisted of inspecting parts,moving with jib crane,overhead crane,forklift, to inspection area and to shipping area.
Pros
paid vacation, health ins, paid holidays
Cons
forced overtime 10 minutes before end of shift.
workplace
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 18, 2015
it was a nice environment fast pace and I love moving around a lot I like making people I learned that management treat you like your a human a lot of places like world kitchen don't
Pros
nice food
Cons
n/a
Great company
Online Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILSeptember 7, 2015
You have an opportunity to advance and learn a lot from the manufacturing industry. Great company to work for a lot of overtime offered
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
Very Productive
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILAugust 6, 2015
Working at World Kitchen, gave me another family. Everyone I met within the couple I was their, were very friendly. The work was simple even though sometimes it got a little frustrating during the busy season.
Great pay/No time off
PLI (Former Employee) –  CorningJuly 6, 2015
It is a seven days one day off, seven days two days off and the seven days four days off schedule with mandatory overtime. Management could be better run, there was an influx of different managers during my time there which seemed to breed resentment amongst the employees. A constant difference of too strict and too lenient caused people to quickly become disgruntled.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No time off
stressware
Maintenance associate (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 29, 2015
got hired on as a class a mechanic with 8+ years of experiance. had some consultants run through and suggest mass layoffs. after all was said and done i got let go before the 400 hour apprentices and the union did nothing.
Pros
got to throw plates off the roof
Cons
you name it.
fast paced environment
general labor (Former Employee) –  monee, illinoisJune 15, 2015
counted inventory.
stacked pallets.
management wasnt all that great.
my co workers were enjoyable to work with.
the hardest part of the job was just consistently working.
most enjoyable part of the day getting off
Great Place to work , good people.... like family, and fun to show up and be a part of a great team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYMay 15, 2015
Love it here ! Awesome place to be a part of , always learning and co-workers are always helping each other . I always look forward to showing up for work and being a part of such a wonderful team.
Pros
Awesome place to work.
Cons
Pay isnt very good, hard to survive with a family.
Trade Mktg. Mgr. for mass merchandiser from Chicago
CONTRACT - TRADE MARKETING/WAL*MART CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
As a Trade Mktg. Mgr. for World Kitchen, my travel consisted of leaving on Monday and returning on Friday most every week. Although this made sense as the HQ (and my boss) were located in Chicago, the hardest part of the job was finding some work/life balance. I learned that managing millions of dollars in trade marketing funds which would affect many different product lines and category placement was critical to any new or existing initiatives and the balance between both is sometimes a gray line. I enjoyed my co-workers - especially those in Corning, NY! Great products, people, and management made a typical day at work pleasant.
Pros
Samples of all the products!
Cons
Chicago traffic on Mondays and Fridays
Great place to work and grow.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIMarch 12, 2015
Working for Worldkitchen has taught me a lot. I love this job, just looking for something with a better work/home balance. Retail managers have to work on off hours, weekends, and holidays. I love being able to grow my employees into better managers. I also enjoy dealing with customers everyday and every day changing events.
Pros
working with new people everyday
Cons
no room for advancement
Bad enviroment
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILDecember 26, 2014
World Kitchen is a horrible place to work at more of labor work bad supervision and kind of a racist enviroment.
Cons
bad enviroment
Fun and easy work environment.
Palletizer Operator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PADecember 5, 2014
Working at Walmart was a great experience. The co-workers were easy to get along with. Stalking the shelves and helping customers was a typical day at work. I learned the presentation is important in retail. There wasn't too much hard about the job.
Pros
long breaks, central heating and air.
Cons
too much work in such a little time
productive, fast paced
PLO Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PAOctober 28, 2014
Review product packing specs, make a pre pack for QA.
Instruct assemblers on packing product on assembly line.
Pros
pay rate, insurance
Cons
short breaks
Great Pay and Benefits
Neo Packer promoted to Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlerio,PAAugust 7, 2014
A typical day a work for me is not always on the same shift. My job requires different shifts every week, I can deal with that but it does make it harder to my plans with my family as well as I have to use my vacation days to go see the doctor. Just b/c I don't know what shift i'll be on until that week.-something I wish they would change.
-I learned I can get extra hours if I volunteer which I like.
-My management is ok somethimes I feel like some of them don't work as hard as they can.
-People come in and out of this factory through out the year for the ones that stay I can tell that they are hard workers.
-The hardest part I would say is the fact that the factory has no AC in the summer it gets really hot at times and we get 10 min's for heat breaks but only if its over 100 degrees.
-The one thing I love about my job besides the health benefits are the hours if I need to pay a bill or car payment I can work extra hours and pay it that next week b/c we get paid weekly.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no ac.
Productive and a great place to work.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Greencastle,PAAugust 4, 2014
I loved my job. Was blessed to have work with them for 11 years. Every job has its ups and downs but I truly can not complain. Met some wonderful people and my bosses were great. Really wanting to find another job like this.
Pros
a lot of job advancement
Cons
very hot
Manager was wonderful,and associates were great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, New YorkMay 12, 2014
I woul count the safe,put the register drawers in and go to the bank before the store opened.When I came back I would check emails to see if there was anything new from corporate, I then would do the line-up and the to do list.Once the doors were open the main focus were the customers. I have learned that the customers are different in different parts of our locations. The hardest part of this or any of my jobs is trying to really understand what the customer is wanting. language was and is difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of my days were intereacting with our customers, and I loved to do plan-o-grams and price changes. My co-workers and myself got along. I am a very hard worker and with them seeing that helped with their attitude and work ethics.
Pros
very good health care, products that they carried were very good, so i was proud to work for a company that had a great reputation
Cons
didnt like the way they did their sales, would change things often with the locations, and the signs they sent had many mistakes.they didnt reward you for any good work, had no incentives.
Very productive work place
shipping lead (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILMay 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was that this company had tecnology, production scanners, computers, conveyors.
the hardest part is to face people when they don't want to work
Pros
30 min lunch, 15 min brake
Cons
no raise