World Kitchen Employee Reviews

Above average job considering minimal education needed
Hub Operator (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYApril 24, 2017
Have been here for a long time & have seen many good & bad times. The work is many hours which do take away from quality of life. The pay is above average especially for only requiring a high school diploma. Management has good people for the most part, as does the Union. But the biggest sour point would be the Corporate hiring of the HR Department. It seems to continually be a problem finding knowledgeable fair people to be put into the proper roles. 2 years seems to be the most anyone can last. Union employees have lost pension, and goal sharing over the years and the Company struggles to find proper incentative for all employees. Overall I still think it's a decent place to earn a living. Just could be better.
Pros
Many good employees. A new vice president seems to be very community oriented
Cons
Too many hours takes away quality of life
Wonderful company. Positive culture.
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 6, 2017
Great job! Loved the variety in my work week. Customer service, freight management, promotional sets, payroll management. Great Home Office support system. Would still be working for World Kitchen except my retail (and Mall) location closed.

Great benefits: vacation , personal holidays, Holiday pay, insurance, 401K
Long hours in peak season
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAApril 1, 2017
Definitely well compensated if you are happy working 12 hrs a day, 7days a week for 5-6 months straight. Fun perks including gift card drawings, birthday bingo, free lunch rewards when numbers are exceeded daily for a straight week and longer.
Pros
O.t. pay
Cons
Never a charge on a scanner battery
Fast paced and fun working environment
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PAMarch 28, 2017
World Kitchen gave you training every step of the way and people just could not keep up with this type of quick working pace. Never a dull moment and many short breaks given to rest before hitting the floor running.
Pros
Ability to work overtime alot.
Cons
Phone rings at all times due to call offs.
c b from shipping
order picker (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAMarch 1, 2017
get to have affairswith your supervisor and associates while on company time in shipping department in greencastle plant.
Pros
money affairs insurance
Cons
getting caught
wasted my time
Hub Operator (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYFebruary 3, 2017
dirty, dark, freezing in the winter and extremely hot in the summer. benefits were terrible, management changed out while I was there and they had three different hr managers in two years
Pros
Cons
many
Great place to work if you work hard and are accustomed to production work. Great rate of pay and good benefits. Job security is the only down fall.
Production Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 27, 2016
World Kitchen is a great company, with a safe work environment, approachable management and great co-workers. They offer exceptional pay rates and benefits. Job security was my only issue, due to low production.
Pros
Pay rate, benefits and 4 days off every 3 weeks.
Cons
Being hired as a seasonal/temporary employee, unknowingly.
Productive work environment friendly people.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILDecember 6, 2016
Had opportunity to grow. Started as a temp and became hired in as machine operator. Fun to work for. That is it . I don't want to say anything else.
Pros
We had a union.
Cons
Expensive medical coverage.
productive work place
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PAOctober 16, 2016
World Kitchen is a great place to work, as management. They have a rich culture and really good work ethics. They participate in the 5S and Six Sigma methodologies and are adamant on management development.
Pros
great culture, benefits, pay rate
Cons
none I can think about at this time
Great benefits.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAOctober 3, 2016
During slow season the work/life balance is great. Busy season long hours 6 to 7 days a week. Management and supervision needs inprovment. Organization could use some work. Great people over all.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours.
Cons
Certain departments considered to be hostile work environment.
not very family freindly
batch cullet handler (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 14, 2016
7 day shifts lots of overtime some jobs you can be forced to stay 16 hours.Most of the time management and workers are not on the same page.
Pros
some benefits has a union
Cons
not very family freindly
The company was great to work for and I wish I could have stayed because they everything they could to keep me but at the time I could not relocate.
Store Manager /Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MASeptember 7, 2016
Great company with everything I wanted good benefits, great culture, Growth potential, I learned to manage multi store locations. I had a great dedicated team working for me. The home office was easy and willing to work with the stores. I loved to travel to other stores and build the team and sales culture.
fun and exciting
Set assembly/receiving (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAJuly 31, 2016
The people were great to work with and they treated people fair and the company has parties day before holidays
Cons
short breaks for smoking
Busy Enviroment
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJune 28, 2016
Spoke to all the sales representatives regarding pricing contracts for all of our clients. The management was exceptional and worked very well with all the employees. Unfortunately, we were bought out which ended my employment there.
easy to do!
Hunting Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PA 17225June 6, 2016
I loved this job more than any job i've ever had.
It's an easy way to a great paycheck, and great friends.
The supervisors are nice and understranding.
Fast paced call center during busy season.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Management here was great. I was only working over the busy holiday season through a temp agency. I enjoyed my experience here and have nothing, but good to say about my personal experience at World Kitchen, LLC.
Productive and Fun work Atmosphere
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 18, 2015
A typical day includes interacting with people across all functions of the business including brand marketing, customer marketing, design, engineering, quality and finance. The environment encourages all to give their input and to reach out to others to further their skills and experiences. A great workplace with many great and accommodating people.
Pros
Free lunches and products, friendly and outgoing co-workers, good work-life balance
good company to work for
Quality assurance inspector/line operator (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PANovember 16, 2015
Would give this company 5 stars Typical day consisted of inspecting parts,moving with jib crane,overhead crane,forklift, to inspection area and to shipping area.
Pros
paid vacation, health ins, paid holidays
Cons
forced overtime 10 minutes before end of shift.
workplace
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 18, 2015
it was a nice environment fast pace and I love moving around a lot I like making people I learned that management treat you like your a human a lot of places like world kitchen don't
Pros
nice food
Cons
n/a
Great company
Online Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILSeptember 7, 2015
You have an opportunity to advance and learn a lot from the manufacturing industry. Great company to work for a lot of overtime offered
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval