World Learning Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Nice but new leader
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJuly 13, 2017
Inconsistent leadership but enjoy my work mates. Many changes and the communication is not where it needs to be, departments manage in silos enjoyed co workers
Pros
life balance
Cons
inconsistency in leadership
Excellent
Program Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2017
I appreciated the opportunity to learn about training programs and assistance offered to foreign countries through this job. It also gave me a solid introduction into offerings by the US universities and institutions.
Supportive and warm environment doing good work
Intern for Intl Visitor Leadership Program (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2016
Very inclusive, great place to work. The staff was very friendly and supportive and gave good feedback on my job performance. I was sorry when my internship ended.
Mostly a great place to work
Deputy Director, Exchange and Training (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2015
Mission-driven, excellent colleagues, working on better work-life balance... Overall a good place to work. Recent growth and continued growth strategy have created some stress and over-dependence on some key staff.
Very interesting
funded Regional Coordinator (Current Employee) –  JimmaJune 8, 2015
- I work through out the week with my colleagues. I have learnt a lot of lessons in solving challenges wherever I trael to regions with stakeholders.I prefer authritarian type of management. My co-workers have talent in creating team spirit. Security challenge in field trip in remote areas is the worst challenge I was facing. Team spirit of the organization is unforgattable.
Pros
Free Medication
Cons
Health care
Program Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 22, 2014
Great environment, lots of potential to expand your knowledge of international development. Lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Friendly, professional, academic environment where everyone is engaging.
Cons
Only major con is a lack of advancement opportunities, lots of worker bees and only a handful of managers.
Hard working staff with creativity, imagination and closness with a french expess machine and music in the back ground daily.
Program Assistant EIL (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTNovember 19, 2013
This department is a great organizaiton that works with kids around the United States encouraging culture, diversity and traveling. It give children a opportunityt to experience worlds apart from their daily life, a new scenic view and oppotunities that they are not aware of living within their own bubble. Managments is hands on along with allowing everyone to do their job at their own speed and pace. Eating lunch daily together was always encouraging, sitting and talking about what was going on professionally, personally and academically. I was attending school while working at the center on campus. It was one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had in a while, the people were great along with learning new things everyday about international standards, study abroad programs and seeing the final project completed. The office was on full throttle everyday, while walking into the office with your own song of the day.
Pros
free lunch, basketball time, hiking excusion, late night dinners
Cons
school beaurecracy, red tape
Intellectual, fun, and upbeat work environment
Education Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2013
Great place to work! I work with terrific and supportive people who have given me the opportunity to be involved in numerous development projects in the educational field!
World Class youth exchange programs
International Youth Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTSeptember 25, 2012
I was both a graduate assistant and a facilitator during the summer of 2011. I cannot be happier for the experience working with youth from Mexico, Iraq, and Denmark then what I am now. YPL taught me so much about teamwork, leadership and effective communication that i still use.
Great Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2012
The people are great and I had a lot of fun working there. I really learned a lot and got to work hands on with several projects.
Pros
everything