World Relief Employee Reviews

Goal oriented and enjoyable work place
Refugee Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 26, 2017
The organization had very strong working culture that help workers to help each other and achieve the Mission. The most rewarding things were helping clients for economic independency.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Bad cars for use
Fulfilling Environment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WashingtonOctober 21, 2017
Staff at World Relief were there to do the jobs that they did because they had the passion and drive for it not because of the benefits and salary given to the staff.
More professional
part time as field officer (Former Employee) –  OyugisOctober 7, 2017
The work was had a lot field work so the time was not key but work plan. I learned the goodness of efficiency at work place. Management was good and the culture is to deliver on time. There were many that needed the support of the program but it had a very small funding so you would send them without support. The funds were always a head of the activity so no any single time did we have to wait.
Pros
Visit to different regions
Cons
The percentage time was 30% so less pay
Review at World Relief
Refugee Resettlement Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
My experience at World Relief was wonderful. Helping the displaced individuals was the right fit for me and i learned a lot form my clients.
Great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short break and low staffing.
World Relief
Finance and Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 11, 2017
I was an intern so I did not get paid to work for them for the contracted time I had. The office wasn't large, spent most days answering the phone and organizing files.
Pros
work life balance, passionate people who love their job
Cons
no pay, no career advancement
Great volunteer experience
Nutrition Educator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 17, 2017
A very healthy environment.
The staff is friendly.
The job itself is very rewarding.
There are many different career opportunities here.
I learned about the process of accepting refugees into the United States.
Life changing and relevant
Mental Health Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJuly 30, 2017
This is an ideal place to work if you have a burden of working with the underprivileged. I received a great amount of training that was practical. There was also support staff to help me to adjust to my position and responsibilities.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Busy and engaging
Good Neighbor Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 26, 2017
Volunteering at World Relief was a busy and tasking, but very engaging job. The tasks of a volunteer varied but it allowed for me, as the volunteer, to support refugees in their integration steps, and it allowed for me to support people whom I feel a need to serve. I was also able to work in a setting that valued my faith and allowed me to share it and support others with it.
Volunteers are appreciated
Good Neighbor Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 30, 2017
The staff shows great appreciation for the volunteers. It's evident that employees play many different roles and have a passion for their work. It is also evident that they do not get paid enough for what they do, as is often the case with non-profits. The staff is great and easy to work with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Difficult to set limits with some families as to what you can and are willing to do for them.
Post College experience invaluable
U.S. Programs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2017
A great organization to work for for international development. Excellent opportunity to grow and 'learn the intl, ngo ropes'. This was an opportunity to network and learn the business of NGOs right out of college.
Pros
great opportunity to learn from leaders in the field, mentoring and travel
Cons
long hours, pay could be better for masters level
What I learned
Legal Immigration and Citizenship Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
As a citizenship and Legal Immigration assistant I learned about VAWA cases, Adjustment of status cases and citizenship cases. I was also able to practice my translation skills.
Working at World Relief
Refugee Reception and Placement Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I absolutely love working at World Relief. The work environment is one of the best parts of my job. I am surrounded by mission minded, Christian coworkers that support each other every step of the way. We are more of a family than a company. My job is challenging and I have grown and learned a lot from working here. I spend my days with refugees from around the world helping them get their lives started in America.
Pros
Family environment, Christian
Cons
low pay
Working with refugees
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 8, 2017
This was a unique experience that was life changing for me and also the family that I had the opportunity to work with. I had the chance to really learn different cultures and get a true understanding of other peoples lives outside of our own country.
Helping people help themselves
Volunteer tutor (Former Employee) –  Du Page County, ILJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here as a volunteer teaching English to immigrants. This involved a classroom setting. I learned that learning really never stops even with language. The management were on the ball and well prepared. The workplace culture was welcoming and very open for questions and people were free to take risks and not afraid of being wrong. The hardest part was seeing students miss classes. It was rewarding to see students complete the course and accomplish their goals.
Meeting new people and helping refugees
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Currently I participate on a good neighbor team, which consists of collecting house hold items, picking up and driving refugees to appointments, helping them with their English, showing them how to use the bus route, and to teach them self-sufficiency all through building relationships with a refugee family that comes to Akron. The good neighbor team is a group of approximately 6 individuals to care for one refugee family.
Pros
Learning about different cultures
Cons
N/a
Never wanted to leave
Marketing Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
As most companies during a transition you lose a lot of good people and you over work everyone. This company is doing some amazing things to change the world and is truly bringing a voice to the voiceless. Single greatest job I have ever had and I miss it dearly.
Pros
Mission, culture, leadership
Cons
work balance and consideration
great experience if you like social work
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GADecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed getting to know and work with my refugee clients, but realized that i am not the best fit for social work. It is very demanding of your time and emotions and made it hard to find a good work/life balance. The management was also not very organized, but if you are a self-manager and enjoy social work i would say this job is a great place. It is a really great group of people.
Pros
flexible schedule, minimal micro-managing
Cons
being asked to manage too many clients at once, no overtime
Productive and life changing workplace
Tax Preparer/ Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2016
Working at World Relief is a one of a kind experience. Every day brings something new and you have the ability to help others. All the employees come together to be like a family. All doing the same as you are, changing lives one day at a time for the better. You learn new things every day and you grow each and every day.
Finding a home for Refugees
Internship (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 7, 2016
Although this station is understaffed and overworked, they manage to home 190 refugees during a fiscal year. They do everything from meet them at the airport to giving them their keys to their new house or apartment. All this must be done within 90 days of the case start. Very impressive.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
little overseeing for the internship
Work place with purpose
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 4, 2016
This type of work had meaning, Working with refugees was meaningful and enjoyable. The refugee crisis is real problem and this organization helps.