World Relief Employee Reviews

Meeting new people and helping refugees
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Currently I participate on a good neighbor team, which consists of collecting house hold items, picking up and driving refugees to appointments, helping them with their English, showing them how to use the bus route, and to teach them self-sufficiency all through building relationships with a refugee family that comes to Akron. The good neighbor team is a group of approximately 6 individuals to care for one refugee family.
Pros
Learning about different cultures
Cons
N/A
Never wanted to leave
Marketing Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
As most companies during a transition you lose a lot of good people and you over work everyone. This company is doing some amazing things to change the world and is truly bringing a voice to the voiceless. Single greatest job I have ever had and I miss it dearly.
Pros
Mission, culture, leadership
Cons
work balance and consideration
great experience if you like social work
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GADecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed getting to know and work with my refugee clients, but realized that i am not the best fit for social work. It is very demanding of your time and emotions and made it hard to find a good work/life balance. The management was also not very organized, but if you are a self-manager and enjoy social work i would say this job is a great place. It is a really great group of people.
Pros
flexible schedule, minimal micro-managing
Cons
being asked to manage too many clients at once, no overtime
Productive and life changing workplace
Tax Preparer/ Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2016
Working at World Relief is a one of a kind experience. Every day brings something new and you have the ability to help others. All the employees come together to be like a family. All doing the same as you are, changing lives one day at a time for the better. You learn new things every day and you grow each and every day.
Finding a home for Refugees
Internship (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 7, 2016
Although this station is understaffed and overworked, they manage to home 190 refugees during a fiscal year. They do everything from meet them at the airport to giving them their keys to their new house or apartment. All this must be done within 90 days of the case start. Very impressive.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
little overseeing for the internship
Work place with purpose
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 4, 2016
This type of work had meaning, Working with refugees was meaningful and enjoyable. The refugee crisis is real problem and this organization helps.
World Relief
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2016
Great mission, dedicated staff, immigration initiative and world wide staff. Parking is not included but you may use many of the parking garages in the city or take the light rail.
Pros
down town location
Cons
must pay for parking
Excellent
Health program Officer (Former Employee) –  Akobo-South SudanJanuary 9, 2016
Provide sustainable primary health care/secondary care
Facilitate , monitor the provision of quality curative and preventive care, Coordinate and management of primary health care
Create awareness of communicable diseases and community health education, provision of emergency health care services on a 24 hours basis, write monthly, weekly reports in collaboration with clinical Officer, work to strengthen church's capacity of supporting health initiative
Pros
Excellent accommodation premises
Cons
inccessibility
A great company to work for
Intern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed everything World Relief taught me. It was an intern position that granted me the ability to trust people and help others at the same time.
fun
Volunteer Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 5, 2015
fun day difference experience everyday they did not know what it was like living in the USA. i showed them different things around the USA

Want to know more about World Relief?

Ask a question
Fun and busy environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 5, 2015
Expect the unexpected. Accommodating new people into the US requires a very patient skill set as well as a broader understanding of the humanity of each individual.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Positive environment.
Cons
Little compensation for travel.
Evangelical Christian organization dedicated to the safe placement of refugees in the U.S.
Intern Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 2, 2014
World Relief is a faith-based organization dedicated to the safe placement of refugees. Partially subsidized by government agencies, its parameters of intervention are limited to protocols in place. A great deal of WR's workforce is volunteer and is predominately derived from churches and other Christian institutions. Not being a Christian, my service was dependent on my motivation; I found needs not being filled, devised a solution, and created a niche for myself: I accessed the immigration department by offering to organize archives and create protocols for training; I found another niche in drivers training, developing and training classroom lesson plans and practicum for immigrants. My tenure ended with the dissolution of the program I was volunteering under; a program that sought government grants for professional services.
Pros
Lots of hands-on experience and face to face contact with immigrants.
Cons
Opportunities for participation at WR is primarily dependent on one's religious orientation.
excellent componay
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2014
They really care about refugees. I helped a lot of refugees with translation. Management are very respectful. The hardest part of the hob was the refugees families. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself.
Good place.
interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2014
nice day for most of the times.
an OK management.
good co-workers
and the girl i worked for Charis Steffel was an awesome employee!
Nice place to work until you can do better.
Grant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2014
You have to be detailed oriented, meet deadlines and work independely and in a team structure. You have to know about financial statement and the funder government system. The people are very friendly. Nice place to work until you can do better.
Pros
The work is exciting.
Cons
Short breaks, not enough growth, benefits are not great
Great Place
Internship (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2014
Love it here! This place is a great organization to work for!
good
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2013
It was also a very nice to work for. the staff were friendly and kind.
Compassionate and competent staff doing meaningful work
Employment Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2013
A great work environment with culturally diverse clientele. There is no typical day in the office as the ever changing needs and schedules of the clients forces you to be flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients achieve self sufficiency.
Pros
great co-workers, enjoyable work environment, meeting practical needs of needy people
Cons
low pay
Place where you work with multicultural co-workers and clients
Employment Specialist/Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2013
During my typical work day I check and respond to emails, phone calls, clients' requests, work on case files, search for job opportunities, attend job fairs, visit different companies, do different orientations with clients regarding employment and workforce in the USA, teach and do presentations to the clients in an employment class, assist clients with different job applications and paperwork and hiring process, create job reports, analyze different documents, assist clients with legal issues mostly related to employment and sometimes immigration, provide orientations for clients during the hire process, explain employment benefits, prepare clients for interviews, create resumes, etc.I have learned a lot about different employment requirements,computer/internet use, effective communication, time management, planning etc. I have good professional relationships with my management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is knowing that it does not provide much opportunities for career growth and salary potentials, and most enjoyable part is very rewarding benefits by knowing that through my work I make positive differences in peoples' life.
Pros
Intangible rewards, good team atmosphere
Cons
Not good potential for career and salary growth.
Fun working place
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 9, 2013
rewarding
great work environment
caring people
dedicated co-workers
passionate co-workers
Pros
rewarding
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Relief. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3