World Relief

World Relief Employer Reviews

Evangelical Christian organization dedicated to the safe placement of refugees in the U.S.
Intern Case Worker (Former Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: lots of hands-on experience and face to face contact with immigrants.
Cons: opportunities for participation at wr is primarily dependent on one's religious orientation.
World Relief is a faith-based organization dedicated to the safe placement of refugees. Partially subsidized by government agencies, its parameters of intervention are limited to protocols in place. A great deal of WR's workforce is volunteer and is predominately derived from churches and other Christian institutions. Not being a Christian, my service was dependent on my motivation; I found needs not being filled, devised a solution, and created a niche for myself: I accessed the immigration department by offering to organize archives and create protocols for training; I found another niche in drivers training, developing and training classroom lesson plans and practicum for immigrants. My tenure ended with the dissolution of the program I was volunteering under; a program that sought government grants for professional services.
excellent componay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2014
They really care about refugees. I helped a lot of refugees with translation. Management are very respectful. The hardest part of the hob was the refugees families. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself.
Good place.
interpreter/Translator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 27, 2014
nice day for most of the times.
an OK management.
good co-workers
and the girl i worked for Charis Steffel was an awesome employee!
Nice place to work until you can do better.
Grant Accountant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: the work is exciting.
Cons: short breaks, not enough growth, benefits are not great
You have to be detailed oriented, meet deadlines and work independely and in a team structure. You have to know about financial statement and the funder government system. The people are very friendly. Nice place to work until you can do better.
Great Place
Internship (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2014
Love it here! This place is a great organization to work for!
good
Office Intern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2013
It was also a very nice to work for. the staff were friendly and kind.
Compassionate and competent staff doing meaningful work
Employment Case Worker (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, enjoyable work environment, meeting practical needs of needy people
Cons: low pay
A great work environment with culturally diverse clientele. There is no typical day in the office as the ever changing needs and schedules of the clients forces you to be flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients achieve self sufficiency.
Place where you work with multicultural co-workers and clients
Employment Specialist/Advocate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2013
Pros: intangible rewards, good team atmosphere
Cons: not good potential for career and salary growth.
During my typical work day I check and respond to emails, phone calls, clients' requests, work on case files, search for job opportunities, attend job fairs, visit different companies, do different orientations with clients regarding employment and workforce in the USA, teach and do presentations to the clients in an employment class, assist clients with different job applications and paperwork and hiring process, create job reports, analyze different documents, assist clients with legal issues mostly related to employment and sometimes immigration, provide orientations for clients during the hire process, explain employment benefits, prepare clients for interviews, create resumes, etc.I have learned a lot about different employment requirements,computer/internet use, effective communication, time management, planning etc. I have good professional relationships with my management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is knowing that it does not provide much opportunities for career growth and salary potentials, and most enjoyable part is very rewarding benefits by knowing that through my work I make positive differences in peoples' life.
Fun working place
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), High Point, NCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: rewarding
Cons: short breaks
rewarding
great work environment
caring people
dedicated co-workers
passionate co-workers
refugee resettlement
Volunteer position assisting resettled refugees (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2013
assist with refugee resettlement with volunteer activities such as introducing refugees to their new environment
Not too bad
ESL Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: facility old
World Relief place is a starting place if you want to serve people. Its fun and relaxing but at itmes can be challening as well.
Caring, passionate atmosphere with incredible clients and co-workers.
English Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2012
World Relief is an intentional, personal, and life-changing non-profit organization that serves immigrants and refugees. My position as an English teacher there allows me to interact with people from all over the world, learn their stories, teach them English, prepare them for jobs and equip them to succeed in the United States.
IS SO FUNNY WORK
PARALEGAL IMMIGRATION (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 27, 2012
Pros: free luch
Cons: 2 hours