World Travel Holdings

World Travel Holdings Employer Reviews

Job is fun but the top pay of 10 per hour isn't so great.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs FlSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, and fun atmosphere
Cons: top pay is 10 per hour and benefits aren't offered until after 6 months.
Booking cruises and talking about travel is fun. Loved working with people to create their vacation plans. Learned a lot about cruises and have been on several cruise ships which increased my sales, however the pay wasn't all that great.
Responsible and Courteous Business
Product and Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2014
During my near decade tenure at World Travel Holdings I met a diverse and friendly team of dedicated employees and passionate individuals who really made every day a joy. These people instilled a very positive work environment. I enjoyed being part of this team.

While employed, I learned so much about many aspects of office life. From time management – more... and organization to customer support and communication I was given the opportunity to learn and grow. – less
Fun workpkace
Certified Travel Agent (Virtual Employee) (Current Employee), HomeAugust 13, 2014
Making traveler's happy by delivering a remarkable experience
Great Place to Work!!
Travel Agent (Former Employee), HomeJuly 24, 2014
Pros: work from home with a corporate structure
I love WTH, they were a great actual Work From Home Company and I worked for them for 5 years from the comfort of my home. I resigned during my cancer battle to focus on my health.

They are absolutely great
Fun PLace to work for
Travel Agent (Current Employee), At home positionJuly 9, 2014
Its fun because you get to work from home there is no commute and the training is from home as well. there is a lot of help to get you to perform at the best of your ability
Great entrepreneurial place to work
Director, Partner Brands (Current Employee), Woburn, MAJune 8, 2014
The company will move as fast as you are willing to run and has a great work/life balance
Super fun and Flexable work environment
Cruise Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: health benefits, free cruises, discount on travel, great co-workers
Cons: if you are not a phone person you will not enjoy this job
Typical day at work was to come in and open all programs used for searching cruise sales database. Then log into the phone system and start taking calls to book cruise vacations. I learned a lot about the cruise industry and even got free cruises because of my sales ability.
Productive and very creative workplace
Software Release Engineer and Automation (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAMay 7, 2014
Productive and very creative workplace, great team and excelletn managers
Fun Sales Opportunity
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 17, 2014
This position gave me a wonderful opportunity to work in the travel industry helping clients find their dream vacations.
Being a virtual cruise agent was wonderful!
Vacation Consultant (Former Employee), Miramar, FLApril 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits, travel agent deals, ability to take unpaid vacation days
Cons: scheduling can be a challenge, as it is electronically based
When I signed on to work, I usually followed up on the previous day's leads, returned phone calls from my voicemail and tended to any other pending matters. That usually took about one hour. Then I was able to focus on new calls. I would sometimes need to stop tasks I was doing to respond to emails and return phone calls, if they came about throughout – more... the day.

At World Travel Holdings, I learned techniques on connecting with customers more effectively and maintaining client relationships.

Management was friendly and very supportive, as well as my co-workers.

I didn't not feel that any part of the job was hard. However, there are many promotions to keep track of. It could be hectic at times, when it got busy, but never hard.

The part of the job I enjoyed most was being able to establish relationships with my customers and the travel perks. – less
Great place to work.
Reservation Agent (Current Employee), Virtual-Work at HomeMarch 6, 2014
It's a nice place to work, people are very friendly and always willing to help.
Interesting Perks, But No Room For Advancement
Web Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: perks - you can get decent deals on cruises and vacations
Cons: fairly stagnant and repetitive work
Incremental raises were given, but there was no room for advancement in the company. The company has a high turn over rate and work is stagnant and repetitive.
Fun and exciting work
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 2, 2014
Enjoyed talking to all types of people and being about to make there dream vacations come true.
It's A Numbers Game
Virtual Travel Agent (Former Employee), homeNovember 11, 2013
Pros: never having to leave the house to go to work
Cons: have to be more aggressive than you may be comfortable with in order to succeed.
Selling cruises from home isn't as glamourous as it may sound. That being said, the commute can't be beat and the company culture is fun.
Temporary Product Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, MANovember 5, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits, free travel, travel discounts, fun
Cons: i can't think of any
World Travel Holdings is one of the few places where there is an equal balance of work/fun. WTH is a fun place to work and the people you work with make it even better. They pride themselves on providing an environment in which you enjoy coming to work every day.
Nice place to work
Travel Agent Supervisor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 4, 2013
Pros: discounts on vacations
Everyone is friendly and caring about creating a remarkable vacation experience for clients. Work is set so that sales and customer service has many choices on hours work and where to work. Employees can work at home on in call centers.
Workplace
Customer Service Rep./Operations (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2013
I enjoyed working at World Travel Holdings. I was a customer service representative level 3; I handled calls that were anywhere from supervisor to agent support. I also answered sales calls and service calls. I was also part of the internal operations team.
Good work from home company
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), VirtualAugust 28, 2013
Company employs many at home sales and customer service reps. Schedules are flexible but can change every 12 weeks. Must be able to work at least one weekend day a week. Even though you are virtual, there is constant supervision which can be overbearing to some.

There is money to be made but as with many sales positions, you have to be able to tough – more... out the first 2-3 years to get there. – less
Limited Growth
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 14, 2013
Pros: one can get an itan card
Cons: heath benefits are questionable, little to no growth
This company has little to no growth other then there call center positions. Getting into a departement that is not dealing with a phone agent or team lead is impossible. Once one has been there a while ,as a phone agent, one will get more resposibilites; however there is no additional pay, not among the set increases they have set.
Good Money, Bad Hours
Cruise Travel Agent (Former Employee), Remote/Boston, MAMay 26, 2013
Pros: money, working from home
Cons: hours, days off split
Great money, just be prepared to never have two days off in a row and the hours could be anywhere from midnight to midnight range since they are open 24/7/365. Shifts change every 10-12 weeks and it's hard to plan your life around it.