World Travel Holdings Employee Reviews in United States

I love this company!
Travel Pro 3 (Current Employee) –  TNJuly 9, 2016
Before WTH (World Travel Holdings) I was driving 46 miles one way to work, an hour and 15 min commute there and back and working 12 hour shifts. I was in a dead end job, I hated my job and then one day I called cruises.com to book my vacation and got to talking with the wonderful guy on the other end of the phone and told him my great work story and that I envied him! He told me they were hiring and to fill out and application, and guess what 2 months later I was in training! WTH is what you make of it just like any other job. I love the discounts, the people and the help that they have given me since I have been here. I started in Oct 2015, I have GREAT benefits, health ins, dental, vision, STD and LTD, life ins, 401K. Plus I get to work in the comfort of my own home! There is a life work balance YOU have to create since its in your home. They may add extra hours on but you know in advance and if the hours added wont work for you all you have to do is reach out to WFM and they will work with you. They also have shift trades and schedule trades too! My schedule does change every 12 weeks but we are told this in training and you get to pick your schedule during a shift bid, just depends on your ranking. I have Sun and Mon off now my choice and have had Mon and Thurs off also just depends on the hours you want and the ranking your in when the bid comes around. You also get personal days, sick days and vacation days. This company thinks about its employees and your not just another number. The equipment is awesome and if you have any issues you have tech support as well as while  more... you work you have team leads on chat, or you can email, you have full service support as well as bold chat and other members of your team you can reach out to. You have the freedom to email your clients and call them and you are not put down or scolded when you mess up! They realize you are human and will work to make sure whatever went wrong gets corrected and you know what happened to avoid it in the future. This company is the only one I have EVER worked at that makes me feel like I am a member of one large family and it's funny its all over the net. I have worked where you are physically around others and felt more like an outsider than ever! This company partners with Make A Wish, it also has employee assistance programs that can help you out once a year not to mention the travel perks oh wait did I say that already! Plus other community organizations it helps and the other wonderful things it does! I look to be here for a VERY long time, I enjoy making people happy and finding good deals and sending people on vacation is a great way to do that. There are tons of resources at your fingertips and you get 6 weeks of pd training! I worked 92 hours, because I stayed over booking guests and with the 6% I have taken out in 401K and then my ins that is taken out for my son and I, I NET almost 1300$. That's in 2 weeks! In my PJ's sipping coffee! So this job is what you make of it! No I don't make that every paycheck but it pays my bills and we are doing good...so if you have an open mind, a great (not negative attitude) and you like helping others then this is the company for you! You have no lunch costs out, you have no gas cost or wear and tear on your car, or work clothes, I pay for internet. I don't care I love WTH and all of the people that work here. You just have to have the right attitude and everyone I have asked for help has helped and not belittled me!
My typical day, I log in, check my voicemail's and emails, look at the people I need to call back and start taking and making calls. You get 2 15 min breaks pd and an hour unpaid lunch. BUT still you are in your jammies and in the comforts of your own home. I talk to all different types of people and not only do I book cruises I get to do land vacation packages and airfare as well. I enjoy making people happy and this is the way to do it for me, I was a nurses aide for 25 years and tore myself up, so I had to change careers and wanted to still be able to help people and this was it!
Pros
Whats not to like about working from home and having a great team to work with?
Cons
nothing
Awesome job with excellent job benefits- both fringe and compensatory
Cruise Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 6, 2016
Answering inbound service calls, pulling customers booking by either their name,booking ID, or telephone number. I learned a lot of patience. You learn to take in a lot of deep breaths between calls. This helps so you don't accidentally yell at a customer. The hardest part of the job is explaining to a customer why you have to charge them cancellation fees. The most enjoyable part of the were the "Seminars at Sea" or Class on on Cruise Ships- You would be booked on a cruise line for a week and go learn.
Working on a Daly Basis
SENIOR CRUISE EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 20, 2016
A typical work day is staying on the phones with clients who are looking to book a cruise. I have to work with the client, the cruise line and my managers as well. The hardest part of the job is to make everyone happy - the customer - cruise line - my supervisor. I've been working on a metric system which can be very stressful. The most enjoyable is meeting new people and obtaining my goals and of course making my clients happy where they would always come back to me for their next vacation. I'm happy in this field, as I have been in the cruise industry for 30 years.
Pros
Getting great rates on cruises and land packages.
Cons
Changing our pay scale, what they call tweeking it to a lower amount
BEWARE! This company has NO loyalty to its employees!
Expert Travel Professional / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Taylors, SCMarch 2, 2016
Treat your employees with the same respect you give to your customers. You go out of your way to give customers promised things so that negative word of mouth does not make you look bad, but you forget it is YOUR agents who are doing ALL of the work.
Pros
There are NO Pros to list, There are NO Pros to list, There are NO Pros to list at ALL.
Cons
They promise you everything you want to hear, you build a solid book of business then they send you on your way and keep your customers.
Okay Job for the time
Travel Professional (Former Employee) –  VirtualMarch 2, 2016
Answering incoming calls. Up-selling customers to improve your commission. No sales = no commission. Hourly pay is $10. Health benefits are great, but extremely expensive deduction per pay period.
Great Place to work at.
Outbound Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2016
World Travel Holdings is a great place to work at. I have been employed here for 7 plus years. I have experienced many different opportunities while here at WTH. They have been very supportive through my employment here. Management changes are made often. Compensation could be a little better. Job security sometimes feels shakey. If you express an opinion and they meaning upper manangement does not agree or like it you will end up on the bad list.
Seniority does not weigh much. When it comes to scheduling someone with less seniority gets the schedule they want and you with more seniority does not. Also office politics are abound. Upper management is promoted without anyone else knowing that the position was even available.
Pros
Free Cruises
Cons
Job Security
Stress free enviroment. Opportunity to write your own check.
Cruise Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2016
A virtual agent. Worked from home answering incoming phone calls from customers interested in booking a cruise vacation. Management was there for support and ongoing training. Very supportive. No direct contact with co-workers as we all worked from our homes.The job was not hard at all. It was enjoyable.
Supportive Team Players
Group Account Executive/Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 29, 2015
Great team of people and management although growth potential is very limited there really isnt anywhere to go except where your hired in at.

Most income is salary versus commission down time where income becomes limited from November until January.

Company is 80% Virtual employment
Pros
solid company
Cons
limited growth potential
Virtual Position
customer service sales (Current Employee) –  VirtualNovember 1, 2015
Good position for someone looking for a virtual position. Flexible schedule with base + commission. Company provides computer with training.
Pros
Training
Cons
Not a good company to work for
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  King George, VASeptember 21, 2015
This company is not a good place to work, there is no job security. There is not set schedule, they change your schedule and you are not notified at all.
Pros
This company allows you to work from home.
Cons
There are not set hours.
Not what's it's cracked up to be.
Travel Pro (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2015
This company does massive hiring each year and let majority of the people go or people quit all the time due to bad management and hours. Company has a very high turnover rate. Over 90% turnover in the first year.

The management are not very honest and very secretive and you will never know if your job is in jeopardy.

Very minimal pay for the hours you work.

Training is okay, they try to sell you a bill of goods so you will stay at the company, but you will find out it's false advertisement.

The worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
training is okay because they tell you wonderful about the company, but once you start working there you realize they were false.
Cons
minimal pay for long hours, stressful, intimidation style management, customers wanting free cruises.
World Travel Holdings
Travel Professional (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2015
The job is very enjoyable, I have the opportunity to help people plan their vacations. The company is very good at helping you balance your family life with your work family.
Pros
Flexibility, Pleasant product to sale.
Cons
Commissions could be higher
Great customer service staff and supervisors
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT - TRAVEL (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 20, 2015
fun filled work environment with great incentives. The company offered a good basic pay with ways to receive incentives in pay
Pros
paid training
Cons
hours
Your paycheck based on your sales
Virtual Cruise Expert (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 7, 2015
Not a good job for a single person with financial responsibilities. Benefits weren't cheap and hours were awful. Had to work on Christmas Day.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Paycheck based on sales
Always changing
Customer Care Representative-work from home (Former Employee) –  HomeApril 1, 2015
This is a company that is always changing. There was always email form both the cruise line and the company we booked for.
Temp
Travel Pro (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 7, 2015
Hires with knowledge that it will be a life long career, but will not need 80% of people after Wave Season is over. Set you through training for 6 weeks and then allow you to work minimal after the demanding months.
Dedicated Employees and great work atmosphere
Tech Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Enjoyed my time working for a company always on the edge of technology
Best company I have ever worked for.
At Home Call-Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 30, 2014
WTH is amazing. The work/life balance is a little "off" if you want to be more than above average. Excellent management, advancement, work from home is GREAT. Enjoy!
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
work your rear off
Interesting place to work
Manager Support Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 3, 2014
Productive and focused environment
Employees work hard to achieve goals
What once was a fun company is no more
Manager, Workforce Management and Operations (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 8, 2014
They simply don't care, no constancy and show favoritism only if you're a yes person.
Communication is an issue, pay doesn't always seem fair, double standards with some managers and supervisors, not all departments are always treated equally which can make people feel undervalued.
Pros
work at home
Cons
improve communication between departments, model the behavior that you want your direct reports to display - "do as i say, not as i do" doesn't work well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Travel Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.