World Travel Holdings

World Travel Holdings Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Reservation Agent (Current Employee), Virtual-Work at HomeMarch 6, 2014
It's a nice place to work, people are very friendly and always willing to help.
Interesting Perks, But No Room For Advancement
Web Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: perks - you can get decent deals on cruises and vacations
Cons: fairly stagnant and repetitive work
Incremental raises were given, but there was no room for advancement in the company. The company has a high turn over rate and work is stagnant and repetitive.
Fun and exciting work
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 2, 2014
Enjoyed talking to all types of people and being about to make there dream vacations come true.
It's A Numbers Game
Virtual Travel Agent (Former Employee), homeNovember 11, 2013
Pros: never having to leave the house to go to work
Cons: have to be more aggressive than you may be comfortable with in order to succeed.
Selling cruises from home isn't as glamourous as it may sound. That being said, the commute can't be beat and the company culture is fun.
Temporary Product Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, MANovember 5, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits, free travel, travel discounts, fun
Cons: i can't think of any
World Travel Holdings is one of the few places where there is an equal balance of work/fun. WTH is a fun place to work and the people you work with make it even better. They pride themselves on providing an environment in which you enjoy coming to work every day.
Nice place to work
Travel Agent Supervisor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 4, 2013
Pros: discounts on vacations
Everyone is friendly and caring about creating a remarkable vacation experience for clients. Work is set so that sales and customer service has many choices on hours work and where to work. Employees can work at home on in call centers.
Workplace
Customer Service Rep./Operations (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2013
I enjoyed working at World Travel Holdings. I was a customer service representative level 3; I handled calls that were anywhere from supervisor to agent support. I also answered sales calls and service calls. I was also part of the internal operations team.
Good work from home company
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), VirtualAugust 28, 2013
Company employs many at home sales and customer service reps. Schedules are flexible but can change every 12 weeks. Must be able to work at least one weekend day a week. Even though you are virtual, there is constant supervision which can be overbearing to some.

There is money to be made but as with many sales positions, you have to be able to tough – more... out the first 2-3 years to get there. – less
Limited Growth
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 14, 2013
Pros: one can get an itan card
Cons: heath benefits are questionable, little to no growth
This company has little to no growth other then there call center positions. Getting into a departement that is not dealing with a phone agent or team lead is impossible. Once one has been there a while ,as a phone agent, one will get more resposibilites; however there is no additional pay, not among the set increases they have set.
Good Money, Bad Hours
Cruise Travel Agent (Former Employee), Remote/Boston, MAMay 26, 2013
Pros: money, working from home
Cons: hours, days off split
Great money, just be prepared to never have two days off in a row and the hours could be anywhere from midnight to midnight range since they are open 24/7/365. Shifts change every 10-12 weeks and it's hard to plan your life around it.
Fun place to work
Virtual Travel Agent (Former Employee), work at homeFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: commission structure
Cons: if you don't meet the sales goals - your terminated.
As a virtual employee you get to work from home. You create professional relationships with your co-workers.

Management was extreamly helpful in almost all situations that I encountered.

Get to build your own clientelle that you can continue working with year after year.

The hardest part of my job was learning how to sell - I was not successful and – more... so was terminated. This would have been a company I would have enjoyed working for on a long term basis. – less
Kind of scammy, horrible values and ethics
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2012
Pros: tours of new cruise ships, cruise discounts, the occasional free cruise
Cons: management, values/ethics, job security/satisfaction
This is NOT the position I was expecting in ANY regard, nor was it the kind of people I was hoping to work for. From the top down, everyone was shady. It wasn't cold calling, I'll give them that, but it wasn't your typical call center either. Rules did not apply to everyone, customers or associates. Blatant favoritism was shown in both regards. It was – more... a miserable experience!! My co-workers were LITERALLY on Farmville 85% of the time. VERY lax atmosphere, cursing, vulgar/lewd gestures, and innuendos ran rampant throughout the place. I was VERY disappointed and disheartened with this experience. – less
Customer service administrative assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 23, 2012
Always rewarded and recognized employees for outstanding service.