World Travel Holdings Employee Reviews

they say one thing and do the opposite
Customer care agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 28, 2017
I would start work at 8pm and then by about 12 am the systems would go down and you were then stuck trying to explain the issues to the customers , which would make them irate.
Laid back work environment, fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 24, 2017
I have worked for WTH for almost 2 yrs now. When I started, I knew, little about the travel industry. WTH trains you and gives you the tools you need to success if your willing to work for it. The hours can be long. As a single parent, it has given me the ability to be there for my children. The other agents that I work with are great and I always feel like someone has my back even though we are mostly virtual.
Pros
Ability to grow, relaxed environment, work from home
Cons
Rotating schedules
Totally incompetent administrators
Travel sales (Former Employee) –  PAApril 21, 2017
Their office staff is pleasant but don't expect anyone to follow through when you have an issue, especially if life altering. They don't return phone calls, provide minimal correct information and act like YOU (the employee) are the problem.
Pros
convenient to home
Cons
Incompetent deceitful administrators
Poor work life balance
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 15, 2017
Extremely long hours, the majority works nights and both Saturday and Sunday, mandatory over time makes many 11 hour days. Keep in mind you are working on commission so you may make little to no money after talking on the phone non-stop for 11 hours. Everyone there I know is miserable. They should take better care of their agents, instead they burn them out and, like me, most move on.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible schedules
Use to be a great place
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Bch, VAApril 5, 2017
I left this company in 2011 prior to all the changes in management. from 2001-2008 it was a great company, good people, good benefits, management was awesome. things slowly changes when the company was purchased and the entire structure changed.
Really Great Work At Home Position
Cruise Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMarch 9, 2017
Typical day is 8-10 hours, at home, scheduled breaks, booking and servicing cruises. Training was 4 weeks, virtual classroom. Got to take seminars at sea. Really fun place to work!!
Great company to work for and also, to book travel with.
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2017
Extensive paid training and continuous instructional support. They teach you how to provide a remarkable experience to your customers. They have a fair points system for bonuses and pay, based on performance. Excellent work life balance is available.
Pros
Can earn loads of money with lots of incentives!
Cons
Must be willing to work any shift.
Set up to FAIL
Travel Pro (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 28, 2016
From day 1 you are set up to fail. To get out of training, you have to get 2 calls who Do not Book....seriously! If you do your job, and all your calls book, You Fail and get fired...no joke. IF you make it out of training by the skin of your teeth, your schedule and pay is not based just on how you do but how everyone else does. If you aren't #1, your schedule will suck, your pay will suck and you will be monitored and coached daily.
Pros
Good pay, if you can make it
Cons
Everything else!!!
Travel Pro review
VIRTUAL TRAVEL AGENT (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 12, 2016
Very nice company. The pay isn't all that. It's base OR commission. We work hard enough where it should be both. You don't make much money until wave season, outside of that...theres no money. This is the perfect job for a house mom that needs something to do.
Pros
management is great and the metrics are easy to hit
Cons
misleading promos online upset customer.
overall rate
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 2, 2016
World Travel Holdings is good to work for since its virtual. But they don't consider a work/life balance. They also don't look at job performance for merit or cost of living raises. I'm looking for better opportunities for advancement.
Pros
work from home
Cons
constantly changing schedules and few if any raises
Excellent Company
Sales- Customer Support/Flex Team (Former Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 13, 2016
Really enjoyed the day to day sales challenges and the daily experiences with coworkers and team leads. Helped to perfect upselling and assuming the sale skills.
Can be very lucrative during WAVE Season
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 23, 2016
Must take 1-2 incoming calls per hour to meet guidelines, can be very demanding during wave season when some customers require a lot more service than others, slow season is REALLY slow hard to make a living, too many agents at once, great place to learn.
Pros
Benefits, health, dental, Pto, ability to work from home
Cons
scheduling vacation time, working holidays, late nights, bidding for schedule
I love this company!
Travel Pro 3 (Current Employee) –  TNJuly 9, 2016
Before WTH (World Travel Holdings) I was driving 46 miles one way to work, an hour and 15 min commute there and back and working 12 hour shifts. I was in a dead end job, I hated my job and then one day I called cruises.com to book my vacation and got to talking with the wonderful guy on the other end of the phone and told him my great work story and that I envied him! He told me they were hiring and to fill out and application, and guess what 2 months later I was in training! WTH is what you make of it just like any other job. I love the discounts, the people and the help that they have given me since I have been here. I started in Oct 2015, I have GREAT benefits, health ins, dental, vision, STD and LTD, life ins, 401K. Plus I get to work in the comfort of my own home! There is a life work balance YOU have to create since its in your home. They may add extra hours on but you know in advance and if the hours added wont work for you all you have to do is reach out to WFM and they will work with you. They also have shift trades and schedule trades too! My schedule does change every 12 weeks but we are told this in training and you get to pick your schedule during a shift bid, just depends on your ranking. I have Sun and Mon off now my choice and have had Mon and Thurs off also just depends on the hours you want and the ranking your in when the bid comes around. You also get personal days, sick days and vacation days. This company thinks about its employees and your not just another number. The equipment is awesome and if you have any issues you have tech support as well as while  more... you work you have team leads on chat, or you can email, you have full service support as well as bold chat and other members of your team you can reach out to. You have the freedom to email your clients and call them and you are not put down or scolded when you mess up! They realize you are human and will work to make sure whatever went wrong gets corrected and you know what happened to avoid it in the future. This company is the only one I have EVER worked at that makes me feel like I am a member of one large family and it's funny its all over the net. I have worked where you are physically around others and felt more like an outsider than ever! This company partners with Make A Wish, it also has employee assistance programs that can help you out once a year not to mention the travel perks oh wait did I say that already! Plus other community organizations it helps and the other wonderful things it does! I look to be here for a VERY long time, I enjoy making people happy and finding good deals and sending people on vacation is a great way to do that. There are tons of resources at your fingertips and you get 6 weeks of pd training! I worked 92 hours, because I stayed over booking guests and with the 6% I have taken out in 401K and then my ins that is taken out for my son and I, I NET almost 1300$. That's in 2 weeks! In my PJ's sipping coffee! So this job is what you make of it! No I don't make that every paycheck but it pays my bills and we are doing good...so if you have an open mind, a great (not negative attitude) and you like helping others then this is the company for you! You have no lunch costs out, you have no gas cost or wear and tear on your car, or work clothes, I pay for internet. I don't care I love WTH and all of the people that work here. You just have to have the right attitude and everyone I have asked for help has helped and not belittled me!
My typical day, I log in, check my voicemail's and emails, look at the people I need to call back and start taking and making calls. You get 2 15 min breaks pd and an hour unpaid lunch. BUT still you are in your jammies and in the comforts of your own home. I talk to all different types of people and not only do I book cruises I get to do land vacation packages and airfare as well. I enjoy making people happy and this is the way to do it for me, I was a nurses aide for 25 years and tore myself up, so I had to change careers and wanted to still be able to help people and this was it!
Pros
Whats not to like about working from home and having a great team to work with?
Cons
nothing
Awesome job with excellent job benefits- both fringe and compensatory
Cruise Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 6, 2016
Answering inbound service calls, pulling customers booking by either their name,booking ID, or telephone number. I learned a lot of patience. You learn to take in a lot of deep breaths between calls. This helps so you don't accidentally yell at a customer. The hardest part of the job is explaining to a customer why you have to charge them cancellation fees. The most enjoyable part of the were the "Seminars at Sea" or Class on on Cruise Ships- You would be booked on a cruise line for a week and go learn.
Good Work at Home
Travel Professional (Current Employee) –  NationwideMarch 27, 2016
It is nice to work out of my home office, but the hours are horrible. There is no work life balance, because they make you work every single weekend, add extra hours to your schedule whenever they want, and change your schedule every 3 months. Also, they keep about 90% of your commission, then still expect you to provide excellent customer service for a client that could sometimes be for a year.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
NO work life balance, HORRIBLE hours (work every weekend, and they make you work over 40hr weeks), TERRIBLE schedule, work for only 10% commission while the company pockets the rest
Working on a Daly Basis
SENIOR CRUISE EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 20, 2016
A typical work day is staying on the phones with clients who are looking to book a cruise. I have to work with the client, the cruise line and my managers as well. The hardest part of the job is to make everyone happy - the customer - cruise line - my supervisor. I've been working on a metric system which can be very stressful. The most enjoyable is meeting new people and obtaining my goals and of course making my clients happy where they would always come back to me for their next vacation. I'm happy in this field, as I have been in the cruise industry for 30 years.
Pros
Getting great rates on cruises and land packages.
Cons
Changing our pay scale, what they call tweeking it to a lower amount
BEWARE! This company has NO loyalty to its employees!
Expert Travel Professional / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Taylors, SCMarch 2, 2016
Treat your employees with the same respect you give to your customers. You go out of your way to give customers promised things so that negative word of mouth does not make you look bad, but you forget it is YOUR agents who are doing ALL of the work.
Pros
There are NO Pros to list, There are NO Pros to list, There are NO Pros to list at ALL.
Cons
They promise you everything you want to hear, you build a solid book of business then they send you on your way and keep your customers.
Okay Job for the time
Travel Professional (Former Employee) –  VirtualMarch 2, 2016
Answering incoming calls. Up-selling customers to improve your commission. No sales = no commission. Hourly pay is $10. Health benefits are great, but extremely expensive deduction per pay period.
Great Place to work at.
Outbound Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2016
World Travel Holdings is a great place to work at. I have been employed here for 7 plus years. I have experienced many different opportunities while here at WTH. They have been very supportive through my employment here. Management changes are made often. Compensation could be a little better. Job security sometimes feels shakey. If you express an opinion and they meaning upper manangement does not agree or like it you will end up on the bad list.
Seniority does not weigh much. When it comes to scheduling someone with less seniority gets the schedule they want and you with more seniority does not. Also office politics are abound. Upper management is promoted without anyone else knowing that the position was even available.
Pros
Free Cruises
Cons
Job Security
Stress free enviroment. Opportunity to write your own check.
Cruise Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2016
A virtual agent. Worked from home answering incoming phone calls from customers interested in booking a cruise vacation. Management was there for support and ongoing training. Very supportive. No direct contact with co-workers as we all worked from our homes.The job was not hard at all. It was enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Travel Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.