World Vision International Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work where you can demonstrate your skills and faith
Senior Editor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 8, 2016
This organization is dedicated to helping the most vulnerable children in nearly 100 countries. The work is effective, and the staff is highly skilled and committed. Transitions and reorganizations are too frequent and may not accomplish the goal set forth in their purpose. The people I have worked with are genuine in their efforts to support the mission and vision of the organization.
Pros
People, faith, mission, vision, long-term impact
Cons
The changing culture and demographics of giving is creating some turmoil, but is also prompting new ideas and methods of conducting the work and engaging with donors.
Christian NGO dedicated to helping children in need by providing food, health and educational aid
Global Digital Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day would involve communicating with team members globally in various time zones. I further enhanced my interpersonal skills by interacting with people in 23 different countries on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was aligning 23 offices in different countries to align with one common strategy.

The most enjoyable part of working at World Vision was having the opportunity to apply my subject matter expertise towards achieving a global content management strategy.
Pros
Telecommuting, Interacting with people all over the world
Cons
De-centralized management and culture
Usually stressful environment. Politicking is normal.
Country Representative (Former Employee) –  MonroviaAugust 27, 2015
The mission of the organisation is great. Poor people greatly benefit from the work. Co-workers tended to be political. There was usually too much work making it difficult to balance work/family life.
World Vision is an amazing place to work
Global Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJuly 21, 2015
World Vision International is absolutely a wonderful place to work. the culture of the company is very friendly. WVI has more of a problem getting employers to take time off than to get them to work because no one wants to take time off, due to the fact that they love their job.
Great mission but lacking in leadership
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 17, 2015
The mission of the organization is great and they do wonderful work around the globe. However the leadership and career development to maintain quality people and drive improvements is poor.
Pros
Meaningful work, travel
Cons
No work life balance, poor leadership
Religious and warm organization
Area Development Manager (Former Employee) –  EAST NUSA TENGGARA (INDONESIA)March 30, 2015
We pray everyday before and after the work.

So it gives a significant base for our actions in daily basis.

It reminds us that we have to work for the sake of humanity.

People also kind and supportive.

Some hard decision still need to be made, after all, we all have to work professionally.

So if you are bad, some managers will not hesitate to fire you.
An international org can teach you the different way of Life.
(D). Commodity Tracking System Officer (Former Employee) –  Manshera KPKJuly 25, 2014
Worked with World Vision International in Winterization and Education Projects in the target districts of Kohistan and Mansehra (Seran valley). During the course of implementation, country commodity tracking system (CCTS) and non-food commodity tracking system (NCTS) were successfully utilized to track and documentrelief commodities and maintain data bases according to the organizational requirements.

1.Maintaining database of food and non-food items at using the CCTS and NCTS systems
2.Visiting sub warehouses to inspect food and non-food stocks
3.Daily and monthly reporting on available stocks, dispatches and receiving, losses
4.Training and orienting warehouse staff on commodity management
5.Reconciling stock available at warehouse with CCTS and NCTS records
6.Physical stock counts in main warehouses on monthly basis
Something new everyday
Country Manager (Former Employee) –  West AfricaMay 23, 2014
Push for LC based contracts in India and Far East.

Planning shipment schedules from 8 West African Origins.

Fund management and strategic fund planning.

Reduced and controlled expenses by improving resource allocation.

Manage operations in Senegal, Cape Verde, Guinea Conakry, Sao Tome, Togo, Benin and Mali with FOB based operations in Angola and Guinea Equatorial.

Negotiated rates to cut costs and benefit corporate partnerships.

Developed growth plans by identifying key clients, key targets and priority service lines.

Offered feedback to executive-level management on the effectiveness of strategies, programs and initiatives.
Community empowerment is World Vision main focus. It's transforming to be in contact with the needy population that WVI is supporting.
Regional Coordinator South area (Former Employee) –  Latin America, and the Carribean Region, HaitiMay 7, 2014
A very fulfiling organization.The sponsorship program was very successful. Children were given access to education and families became sustainable financialy due to small business programs established throughout the projects.
You can contribute with your work to make a change in children life around the world.
Facilitator of Monitoring and Evaluation (Former Employee) –  HondurasMarch 24, 2014
Typical days are always very very busy. You always have the opportunity to learn about different areas because they give you a good trainings very often. Most of the co-workers are always committed to help.
The hardest part is you will have a lot of work to do and be prepare for work under pressure.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see children smile when they receive the help.
Pros
very responsable organization
Cons
sometimes you work a lot under presure
Good working environment for learning and reflections
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  naivashaFebruary 7, 2014
The work entails implementation of project activities in an enabling environment,under competent and effective management with team work relevant for accomplishing project goals.
World Vision was an average rated organisation and which worked towards Child welfare and in most cases achieved its goals, visions and objectives at
People and Culture Officer (Former Employee) –  Hai Cinema Juba South Sudan.December 10, 2013
My typical day at work began at 8am with previous days reviews,looking at my to do list, if was to start with recruitment, Interviews would be top on the list with my schedule hanging next to me.

I learnt that time management helps sort out alot messes that there could be and help one finish up work in a more professional way, giving credit to you the performer and the Department as a whole.
My coworkers were part of the teams in which i worked with and socially interacted with during times off or break times.

The hardest part of my job was on how to communicate a negative change to a like issuing a Termination letter,downsizing.

I enjoyed Orienting staff into the Organization, explaining Company Policies and handing over an Offer, Contract, JDs to staff this created alot Joy to me.

Overall , Management was a dynamic team to deal with we spoke over issues and made collective decisions that impacted positively to the Organization.
Pros
it was nice working with that particular team.
Cons
administration was wanting as change adoptation was viewed as athreat to the then team leaders.
We had get togethers after work
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  AfghanstanNovember 18, 2013
Working environment was excellent so were the people I worked with,
Productive workplace that builds one spiritually
Development Area Program Manager (Former Employee) –  KalomoJuly 11, 2013
Organization that focuses on children. I gained much experience in managing child sponsorship, grants and programmes which included relief.
Pros
daily devotions were very valuable
Cons
gives opportunity for further personal development
World Vision International
Programme manager (Former Employee) –  Juba, South SudanMarch 8, 2013
World Vision international is established in South Sudan for years and is implementing many programmes. In January 2010, I joined WV South Sudan as Disaster Preparedness Officer and then have been appointed as Food Security and Nutrition Programme Manager. It should be noted that The Food Security and Nutrition programme was funded by ECHO and included four components(Food Security, Nutrition, Disaster preparedness and Emergency Response). This programme was successfully implemented despite the challenges of getting appropriate and competent staff locally. This has been possible because of team work , the involvement of each stakeholders and the support of the management. In addition to that our focus on capacity building of the community members and local staff has contributed to the achievement of the established objectives according to WV and ECHO guidelines. What is hard in working in South Sudan is the insecurity and the reluctance of certain autorities to allow expatriates to support the programme
Great Non-Profit
Marketing Campaign Director (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 20, 2012
My work with World Vision was short but the most valuable work I have ever done! If you are looking for a place to give to or work for, World Vision is it!
Wonderfull work place with multiple coss-culture, harsh conditions and wild local people.
Assistant Logistics Coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Kenya, Kakuma Refugee Camp.February 24, 2012
A faith based church organization that upholds morals and advocates for children rights!
Pros
free accommodations, meals, travels, medical cover, insurance etc.
Cons
comprehensive medical cover, air tickets, social welfare etc.