World Vision Employee Reviews in United States

Organization with a great mission, not always good business.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 22, 2016
World Vision is an organization with an amazing mission. They are not only passionate about the mission but the execute the mission in the field better than any NGO in their category.

That being said, the passion for their mission doesn't always translate to the best business decisions. There are many process inefficiencies that cause unnecessary expense and additional time. It is difficult to advance to another level and pay is consistently below comparable positions in other organizations. Raises are below cost of living standards increases and there are no bonuses. The final nail in the financial coffin is the high cost of health care.

I love the organization but it does not financially support my family and professional aspirations.
Pros
Amazing cause!
Cons
Lower pay, difficult to advance and high cost of health care.
Good Organization to work in all ways
Sr. SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAApril 4, 2016
Management ,coworker are helpful and learnt more information on technical areas and work culture.working with the SharePoint team to explore my knowledge and skills was a value add to the firm.
Productive and fun with a sense of purpose
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 24, 2016
Although it was only for summer youth employment working at World Vision was always an adventure. On a typical day of work we would organize and clean the warehouse and then stock up the shelves making sure everything was organized before customers came in. Management was always patient and made sure we knew what we had to do each day. My co-workers were hard working and always moved with a sense of purpose even though we were all pretty laid back and down to earth. The most enjoyable thing about working at World Vision was that we weren't there just working for ourselves, World Visions cause was to help others less fortunate, providing them with various necessities such as books, school supplies, household cleaning supplies, and etc.
A place where high pressure is non-exsistanced
IT System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98101February 15, 2016
Professional enjoyable environment where departments and staff work together to achieve company mission. All co-workers work and live by the same moral standard.
productive and fu workplace
FIELD MONITOR INTERN (Current Employee) –  CHIMANIMANIFebruary 13, 2016
preperation of distribution reports and equipment and put them in order and get ready to travel to the FDP for distribution.
i have learned to put my house in order and always have fun in what i do. the management has been supportive of the employees though they could do more.
co workers supported me all the way and some even went miles ahead to mentor me.

a lot has been expected of me in a short period of time but i could sail through because of a supportive team i was part of.
Pros
experience
Cons
no lunch, no fringe benefits
Fun place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
greet the staff, clean up designated area, put together some of the displays, disassemble other items to be recycled, stack boxes and leave
Pros
friendly staff and lots of busy work
Cons
sort of cold in the building
very good work place
Education and life skills project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PANovember 4, 2015
After 2 consecutives working years in Word Vision , i developed many skills and gained a good experience.
I was working in a pleasant way as the ambiance was so cool.
despite working 40 hours a week we had a flexibility in working times.
Among the skills i developped i've learned how to do the implementation to a specific project, to coordinate with stackholdrs and partners,also how to write a report and how to make a budget monitoring plus monitoring and evaluating.
of course i faced hard times especially when i had to deal with a short project wish its budget is so high.
My colleaguee were very supportatives i felt like working in my own world at my own place.
World Vision is a very good an comfortable working place where working ain't but joy in giving and sharing
it is a religious organization
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 27, 2015
Very well respected people working to make the world a better place for children. It is a religious organization so only people with certain religious view are allowed to become full time employee.
A great place to work with other Godly people that value your thoughts.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJune 12, 2015
Come in and pray before you start working go over what coming in and out who's doing what and what the volunteers will be doing that day.
I learned that life's to short to worry about things that aren't in your control.
Management at my site works just as hard as everyone else.
My co - workers are my friends and like family to me its hard to live.
Living behind people that had my back no mater what.
Seeing the special "Ed" kids come in and say hi and call you by name and give you hi five's and hugs that warms your heart and makes you smile.
Pros
Godly present that makes you want to work harder.
Cons
Nonprofit no overtime.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2015
Highly professional environment with a family-friendly feel. Great place to develop your career and acquire a range of experiences. Work along side of dedicated co-workers who have decades of real world field experience. In the heart of Washington DC where all the international development "action" is.
Pros
Super supportive co-workers
Cons
A large organization that takes some time to learn to navigate, but still super exciting
Nice work place
MS BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2015
Nice work place with well organized system, having a good team spirit and friendly management people. Outstanding vision to help the needy children in the world.
I love working for WorldVision
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  federal way washingtonApril 16, 2015
I love working here, because I feel like I am doing good for other people in the world. We deal with underdevelop countries and help in disaster and feed children.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
there are no cons
A Great Organization
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  United SatesMarch 19, 2015
Being apart of World Vision is life changing. A great direct mission of changing the world and bringing people out of poverty in the US and places all around the world.
Love the mission, the people and the culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 14, 2015
World Vision was simply this, the best 10 plus years I had in my career. I was able to work hard to help change the lives of millions of children and adults.

I was able to do this for a great non profit salary and above average benefits. World Vision helped me to develop in my career by encouraging me to further my education and covered a significant portion of the costs.

I was excited to get up and go to work every day and would be more than willing to make further contributions if the right assignment became available in the future.

They are still working through the growing pains of becoming a super large non profit and are making the strides to shore up the areas in need of fixing.

I wish them great success in all they do.
Productive and professional
C-SAFE Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  MAZABUKAFebruary 16, 2015
a normal working day would start with a prayer , very disciplined and set out work criteria.
management plays the posiotn of advisor and there to offer solutions .the difficult part in data collection and entry is only the data in the fields does not match and if the data is not legible . the fun part of it is being able to recognize and appreciate different cultures and norms .
Pros
bible study, togetherness and fulfillment
Cons
challenges when deadlines are too tight
Productive, careing workplace
Artist Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA (remote)February 14, 2015
I enjoyed working here, as this non-profit company truly cares about the work they do. They also care about the employees and it shows. I was able to work remotely for the company, and they took care to include me in weekly all-staff meetings and events. My manager was caring and encouraging, helping me grow in the different facets of my job.
Great benefits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 30, 2015
You are helping change the lives of vulnerable children and making the lives of people better. You really feel like you are making a difference at your job.
gym
1- Field Finance Officer in Tyre (Current Employee) –  lebanonJanuary 29, 2015
As I am an employee in World Vision Lebanon ,
I learned so far how to be
- on time
-Working under preasure
- Organized
- Time leader

Etc,,,
It's a great cause and you know your work really counts
Digital Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 22, 2015
You really can't beat knowing that what you do on a daily basis plays on important role in improving people's lives, even saving children's lives.

World Vision has a strong focus on excellence and serving the poor. It's a great culture for people who are Christians, committed to their faith in Christ.

I've played many roles here, and while it's always challenging and never boring, I've experienced an incredible sense of personal reward. And it's phenomenal being able to share this with coworkers who feel the same.

It's tough to get into World Vision -- I've heard they typically turn down 200 resumes for every one person they hire. But if you can get in, you have the skills to excel, and the commitment, it's definitely worth it!
Pros
great corporate culture, values, nice family and amenities, decent pay and good benefits.
Cons
a large organization and cutting through the bureaucracy can sometimes present challenges.
World Vision is a blessed employer
Premier Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 25, 2014
World Vision taught me to give great respect and honor to our donors. They have taught me to treat all donors with utmost dignity and honor. I value every customer. Was able to handle angry donors with ease without losing my tone or cool. The work place is terrific with great respect for the co-workers. The management of WV is very friendly and easily accessible. The employees are treated with great dignity at World Vision. I love World Vision.
Pros
free treats and pizzas are given

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Vision. Our community is ready to answer.