World Wildlife Fund

World Wildlife Fund Employer Reviews

Fun, energetic workplace filled with extremely knowledgable and talented individuals
Web Developer (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: working with extremely intelligent, talented and upbeat individuals
Cons: learning about all of the crimes against wildlife species and threats they face
A typical day at work involves sitting down at your desk, checking email, finding out who needs what, prioritizing those needs, and fulfilling those needs.

Managers were more like mentors and really instilled confidence in one's abilities to take on new challenges

Very social environment, both media-wise and interpersonally.

Very green office building.

Hardest – more... part of the job was keeping up with such forward-thinking individuals, you realize how much you don't know. This is good, it allows you to set aspirational goals.

Most enjoyable, staring at beautiful photos of furry animals all day. I think this is what contributes such a positive environment. – less
Great Green place to work
Marketing Department Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 7, 2014
Had a great time in my 20's there. Senior people have been there forever so nowhere to go really.
orld Wildlife Fund's (WWF) mission
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 15, 2014
Founded in 1961, World Wildlife Fund's (WWF) mission is the conservation of nature. Using the best available scientific knowledge and advancing that knowledge where we can, we work to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth and the health of ecological systems by: protecting natural areas and wild populations of plants and animals, including – more... endangered species; promoting sustainable approaches to the use of renewable natural resources; and promoting more efficient use of resources and energy and the maximum reduction of pollution. We are committed to reversing the degradation of our planet's natural environment and to building a future in which human needs are met in harmony with nature. We recognize the critical relevance of human numbers, poverty and consumption patterns to meeting these goals. – less
Great Organization
Fundraising Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: difficult to grow within the organization
WWF provides employees with a great, relaxed work environment. It allows for people to demonstrate all of they're abilities and assets to the organization.
Mission drive organization
Director of Livestock & Global Commodity Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 13, 2014
Great people and wonderful mission. Management and leadership could be improved.
Staff Accountant
General Accountant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 6, 2014
I loved working for WWF, they given me my first in DC. Management was great. Great place to work if you want a work life balance.
Small IT Group with flexibility of working from home
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 4, 2013
Pros: good it infrastructure and flexibility of work hours
Cons: long commute and compensation package
Having great time working in WWF as IT team is small and more productive in meeting WWF users requirement. We have 2 days work from home option which gives me more time spending with my little kids.
Environment reflects the person within you and about you
Volunteer- Environmental Issues (Former Employee), SuvaJuly 1, 2013
A day at work is fun when you notice that all the people are concentrating on what you are trying to say.Activities are being taught to the locals and they have to teach the tutors what they have just learn t. This is to test whether they were really listening or was just predenting to be listening during the presentation. i have learnt to be confident – more... to talk to the people and also to deliver the message to them about their marine resources i have learnt more practical activities from some of the theory works done in class.the workplace and the staff are well organized in everything they do.The hardest part of the job is traveling to and from the outer island in small boats and to deliver the message about the marine protected areas. also relating the message to some of the locals who does not understand English.

The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling and meeting new people who have the same idea of conserving the environment – less