World Wildlife Fund Employee Reviews in United States

Great
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2016
I love the mission and am dedicated to helping to save the planet and being the voice for those who have no voice (animals). I enjoy everything about working here, the people especially. They are talented and easy to get along with.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Productive fun workplace with every other Friday Off
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2016
I would recommend anybody to come and join the World Wildlife Fund as there is a lot of potential to grow into the position
Nice Place
Senior Accounting Analyst (Oracle software) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2015
Very nice place to work at but some people in management try their best to make it the worse place. Management is not supportive.
Diverse and equitable employer
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 8, 2015
I learned about the environment
and being a member of an international team.
Abiding by Human Resources requirements by two different countries
Travelling to Mexico and experiencing work in a different country.
Pros
Paid for 40 hours, work for 35 hours
Cons
Communication from the Field to Headquarters in both countries.
Fabulous place to work at
Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2015
It is a non profit organization that cares so much about its employees. Good benefits, job work life balance should be adopted by other companies. The president is a very loving, down to Earth person.
Pros
Salary is not that much
Cons
Best perks
Great cause
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 24, 2014
Good cause and a fantastic work/life balance. Opportunities for advancement are a little slim and the technology can be a little outdated, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
telecommuting; great work/life balance
Cons
salary a little low; no path for advancement
Fun, energetic workplace filled with extremely knowledgable and talented individuals
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2014
A typical day at work involves sitting down at your desk, checking email, finding out who needs what, prioritizing those needs, and fulfilling those needs.

Managers were more like mentors and really instilled confidence in one's abilities to take on new challenges

Very social environment, both media-wise and interpersonally.

Very green office building.

Hardest part of the job was keeping up with such forward-thinking individuals, you realize how much you don't know. This is good, it allows you to set aspirational goals.

Most enjoyable, staring at beautiful photos of furry animals all day. I think this is what contributes such a positive environment.
Pros
working with extremely intelligent, talented and upbeat individuals
Cons
learning about all of the crimes against wildlife species and threats they face
Great Green place to work
Marketing Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2014
Had a great time in my 20's there. Senior people have been there forever so nowhere to go really.
orld Wildlife Fund's (WWF) mission
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2014
Founded in 1961, World Wildlife Fund's (WWF) mission is the conservation of nature. Using the best available scientific knowledge and advancing that knowledge where we can, we work to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth and the health of ecological systems by: protecting natural areas and wild populations of plants and animals, including endangered species; promoting sustainable approaches to the use of renewable natural resources; and promoting more efficient use of resources and energy and the maximum reduction of pollution. We are committed to reversing the degradation of our planet's natural environment and to building a future in which human needs are met in harmony with nature. We recognize the critical relevance of human numbers, poverty and consumption patterns to meeting these goals.
Great Organization
Fundraising Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2014
WWF provides employees with a great, relaxed work environment. It allows for people to demonstrate all of they're abilities and assets to the organization.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
difficult to grow within the organization
Mission drive organization
Director of Livestock & Global Commodity Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2014
Great people and wonderful mission. Management and leadership could be improved.
Staff Accountant
General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2014
I loved working for WWF, they given me my first in DC. Management was great. Great place to work if you want a work life balance.
Small IT Group with flexibility of working from home
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2013
Having great time working in WWF as IT team is small and more productive in meeting WWF users requirement. We have 2 days work from home option which gives me more time spending with my little kids.
Pros
good it infrastructure and flexibility of work hours
Cons
long commute and compensation package