World Yacht Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
great experence
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
working on a boat was wonderful.The people I met things I seen places I went was a site to c.i love all the events that was going on the boats
Pros
lunch
Cons
long breaks
it was fun working on a boat
busser/bar back (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
the typical day at work was always busy but i always liked being busy and all the challenges it brought day by day,i learned how to make and serve drinks,I learn a lot about different cultures while working at world yacht.the management was good and strict because it help us all work together and they taught a lot of discipline,i got along with all my co workers.they all respected me and each other,there was no challenge with this because i love working with others.the most enjoyable part of my job was working with my managers and coworkers and learning about the job and task i was assigned to.
in desperate need for management make over
cruise manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2015
at one point in the 80's and 90's , world yacht was the sole player in dinner boat and had management with vision that turned a small operation into a striving corporation . This is no longer the case and the same mistake that tarnished their relation with their front of the house got even worse .
no loyalty for their staff including management
I don't see them moving forward and maybe going out of business soon
Great Teamwork.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2014
Getting ready for a Dinner at a cruise is not easy, we have to make sure everything is on board before the boats leaves, We are a very good team I am the head supervisor so I have to make sure everything is in order, cleanness of the kitchen and staff is a priority, next comes timing in production, that way we get things done before 5:30pm our time to go home, fallowing recipes to make sure everything taste yummy.

I am also in charge of the pastries, I have to Make and bake cheesecakes, depending on the count for the night, being the eyes of the kitchen and getting my work done is not easy but I enjoy it because I love what I do.
Pros
free lunch, getting to cruise and see the statue of liberty for free
Cons
short brakes, sometimes comunication, not able to spend holidays off.
Productive place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Very busy place to work, cant't stand in one place for to long. The food here is very good most times you'll find yourself bringing home food because its to good to throw away.
Overview
Waiter/ Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  NEW YORK NYMay 23, 2013
As member of the World Yacht team I was an integral part of the brunch and dinner staff that serviced a three yacht fleet with one of the countries most renowned brunch and dinner cruise lines. My duties included providing outstanding customer service to well over 300 patrons per evening. My duties included ensuring the satisfaction of each cruiser by providing personalized and detailed service, during the course of the excursion. It was my responsibility to be knowledgeable of the various menu options, libations and course of each cruise. I was also responsible for the maintenance and stocking of the various bars throughout the ships, tablescape layouts and displays; clearing of assigned areas after each event.
Great enviroment
Food & Beverage office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2013
Great Coworkers

I Make sure that all my Cruise managers have what they need to have a smooth Dinner/Lunch.

Make sure my staff had everything the need to Sail.

Submitted all my work on time for example payroll.
Overall, enjoyable place to work.
Busser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2012
You just learned your job, each manager was kind of different. Two in specific were real uptight about everything and would get real, as if they've never ran the tour 1000 times before. The co-workers are the same as any other you'd expect to find at another establishment, some you get along with, some you don't like.
Pros
saw nyc skyline on a nightly basis
Cons
some of the management could be real sticklers about things & would micro-manage you.
alot of work for too little money.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2012
i have experienced bus boy even though i was a dishwasher because most of them are slow in doing their job and i have experienced second chef because they would ask me for help sometimes.

4.2