We own and operate influential, general interest publications (in the childcare/parenting/nanny and lifestyle/fitness/beauty/health verticals, respectively) delivering dynamic content daily to an audience that seeks to improve and elevate their lifestyle.
Sr. Web Developer (Full Stack)
As a web developer, you will be responsible for building, testing and maintaining web applications for internal projects as well as our client campaigns, in a variety of scripting languages. You must possess strong all-around web development skills as you will participate in the systems design, development and maintenance of these projects for our staff members and clients.
We believe in building a culture with technical innovation and strong engineering values & goals, since this is crucial in creating a valuable product and in moving the company forward.
This is a FT in-office position in our Santa Monica, CA office
Skills & Requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extraordinary software engineering talent & all around full stack experience.
- 5 years+ web development experience (PHP)
- Minimum 3 years experience in developing, testing and maintaining a wide variety of large scale web-based applications including content-driven websites
- Experience developing, maintaining and enhancing CMS-driven websites (especially in Drupal & Wordpress)
- Intermediate level experience coding for responsive design and mobile sites
- MUST be comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile/iterative/lean/RAD type of environment.
- Object Oriented programming with PHP5 and experience with MVC frameworks (Zend Framework)
- Knowledge of XML and XSLT transformations
- Knowledge of source control systems such as SVN or CSV
- Experience developing, maintaining and enhancing MySQL databases
- Able to develop for cross-platform and cross-browser functionality
- Understand secure coding practices
- Must possess exceptional English, oral and written skills
- Desire to learn and always improve yourself and the team around you
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal direction
- Be proactive and results-oriented
- Great interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with with enterprise quality CRM
- 2+ years experience developing e-commerce websites and applications
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to include links to Github accounts or attach examples of code from your most recent projects.
We will not consider any candidates who do not provide this information.