A leader in Internet technology, content and revenue solutions, Worldnow, a New York-based technology and sales company, is the only company to provide a comprehensive technology platform and strategic advertising services that enable media companies to expand their digital business with innovative Web publishing tools, advanced video delivery technology and industry-leading advertising solutions. Worldnow's proven technology and advertising leadership equips its media partners with the tools to excel in their digital marketplaces, expand their audience and realize real-world ROI from their digital business. For more information please visit www.worldnow.com.
We are currently looking for a Digital Sales Manager for Worldnow’s local ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC news web & mobile sites. This person will report to the SVP of National Ad Sales and Operations and be responsible for growing local news media aggregator relationships and leading the relationships with programmatic interactive buyers and ad agencies. This person will be responsible for managing the entire Account Management team.
- Maintain, prospect, pitch, close and renew online advertising site specific national brand premium direct and programmatic business
- Strategize with Account Managers on new digital advertising RFP’s, inventory selling based on historical programmatic information
- Direct the Ad Operations team and Account Management team on complex client issues
- Forecast monthly sales, maintain sales budgets, supply reporting to the SVP of Sales
- Work with the sales support team to update all sales and marketing materials (media kit)
- Work with the Manager of Ad Operations to ensure that campaigns are trafficked, tracked and optimized according to advertiser specifications.
- Work with internal content team to develop sponsorship programs for advertising clients
- Identify new business development clients (beyond the banner)
- Work with digital broadcast clients to review revenue reporting
- Travel within the US approximately 35% annually
- 5+ years experience selling online ad inventory for local news/information or related websites
- Relationships with local media aggregator companies/ experience managing programmatic accounts through the sales process
- 1-2 years managing/supervising a team of Account Managers preferred
- Ability to pitch, close and manage local media online advertising business
- Understanding of programmatic Video and mobile inventory trends a plus
- Experience and ability to lead an Account Management Team
- Familiarity with local news sites display, mobile, pre-roll, audience targeting, DFP ad trafficking, reporting, comScore, optimization of complex advertising campaigns
- Familiarity with rich media ad serving solutions and industry trends
- Strong presentation skills; well-versed in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong client relations, client management and business development skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to the email address provided.