WorldPac Employee Reviews

bad place to start
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/ Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDMarch 20, 2017
its more on the managers than any thing...management is very out of touch and works you like theirs no tomorrow. the management team ask you not to return because of an illness.
Better management
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXFebruary 1, 2017
The job is great but there management is not so good! I think they could do better them that! A lot of opportunities to move up but it just that they don't have good communication.
Plenty of over time but horrible regional manager
Warehouse Teammate / Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2017
Worldpac was a good company when it was owned by carquest when Advance bought them the benefits are high the raises are low . The regional manager talks to you any kind of way and play mind games with you they should get undercover boss to this company because he is gonna drive the buisness into the ground he has many complaints on him i dont see how he has been with the company for so long and treat employees like animals .
Pros
Extra overtime
Cons
Horrible regional manager southeast area )
No good
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 19, 2017
I had worked for this company for 20 years and they terminated me so they can save money by bringing in contract drivers and terminate the company drivers. Company policies are very unfair and very little advancement in the company, never apply for this company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
No loyalty to employee
Warehouse
Administrative Assistant II (Lead Admin) (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 1, 2017
Long hours worked, a lot of unnecessary drama. If management selection was different this company would not have such a high turn-over. Need to make better choices in lead positions
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXDecember 27, 2016
Management could be better, pretty decent environment, not enough opportunity for OT as they promised, commute was not bad at all. They should hire more people willing to work
fast pace environment; a lot of opportunities for advancement
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 4, 2016
Pay much better compared to competitors. Do not have to wear uniform. Guranteed full time hours and lots of OT if desired or mostly required everyday. Must work every other Saturday in Oakland. Mgmt has lots of favortism, can be unprofessional at times. can transfer to diff locations. Since Advance Auto parts bought Carquest this company has went downhill. Advance is very cheap and made lots of changes and took away a few incentives we had. I miss Carquest! they no like to give vacation time. they make u use all by end of year. only some peoples get vacation. not all people. only 2. I worked in Newark and move to Oakland. Much better in oakland.
Pros
advancement; overtime
Cons
favortism, long hours; vacation advance auto part
Co-workers help each other all time, is wonderful working with happy coworkers.
Ex-employee (Former Employee) –  Dayton new JerseyNovember 27, 2016
Is very hard to having a life with all the hours worked. Some managers are very mean and follow you to take you out even with big lies with te help of human resource. If you get injured even if orthopedic doctor order a surgery the insurer company is the worse in new jersey. I have.4 monts.suffer my multifocal tears in my shoulder ans nobody care even a have a lawyer in my casem,please dont get hurt in this company.
Pros
Good attitude co-workers, help all the time. Good vacation, and sick days . Very good leaders
Cons
If you get injured will be a nightmare, insurer company sedic is the worse in new jersey. Becarefull.
Typical Day
Sanatation (Warehouse) (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXNovember 2, 2016
No communication between the leads/mangers with the staffing companies. Meetings we're held every morning pertaining to the same duties daily. This is not an growing company. Also hire any type of felonies, please read before taking on with this company.
Stable company
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2016
I have worked for Worldpac for the past 17 years and what a great ride it was. I advanced in the company a lot in that time from an order desk salesman to an outbound salesman. I always got along with my co workers and managers, they were all good people. I had to leave the company to be closer to my newborn son in Sarasota.
they get u in the door and don't wanna pay u
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 17, 2016
Don't work for these people first off I'm still waiting on my first check everything time I call The HR Dept I'm getting the run around they don't return phone calls they are unprofessional everything about this place I'm just letting you know if u wanna get beat out your money then work for them and the ghetto warehouse is hot no ac and no fans and u have to work later it doesn't matter what your shift hours are.
Pros
Cons
they steal your money
Great befenefits
Warehouse driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2016
The Company has good benéfits. The only no team work i worked here for few years. It has moré than 1 warehouse. Co workers are good to work with. I beleived management should have a better comunicación and be moré a team player. Most enjoyable is when meeting with customer.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Breaks
Inept management, no room for growth
Lead Parts Distributor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 24, 2016
Long hours, low pay, and management is incompetent as far as leadership is concerned. Negative coworkers and high turnover. I don't recommend working here.
Cons
Long hours, don't treat employees well
Everything that shimmers eventually loses it shine
Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 28, 2016
I stayed way to long, working my way from the bottom to the top with some of the meanest, slimiest people on earth, only to get let go over a petty situation that was not handled properly at all. Since I left it has just gone down hill. In my 4 years there I saw 10 managers come and get fired in 3 separate warehouse. The turn around rate is pathetic. They fire the best employees and keep the bad ones. It makes no sense. You will literally sit there and wonder how half of these people are employed The area rep would come and everyone would flip out because she was so heartless. The VP was super cool though. He genuinely cared about you. But that was it. People were out to stab you in the back every chance they got if it got them ahead. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Clocking out optional holiday hours for time and a half
Cons
Horrible management and upper management. You don't matter
They really don't care about people
Assistant Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2016
They overwork whomever they can without adequate compensation.
disrespectful, heartless, and disorganized leadership. Plenty of opportunities to advance because people leave this company like the plague once they advance. Those who continue to climb the ladder have zero quality of life. Dealing with burned out superiors if something you always have to deal with. Warehouse management are treated like children. Employee moral isn't all to great. If you have a choice, just stay away unless you want to be stuck around miserable people all the time.
Pros
Healthcare, Udemy classes, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Disrespectful Leadership, Disorganized, Unreasonable
Warehouse that operates on a tight schedule
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 29, 2016
This warehouse sends out car parts for deliveries. Parts must be obtained to fill out orders and packaged up and checked to be sent out. Their is multiple daily pallets of parts dropped off in receiving, which must also be checked and put away in their proper location. Customers may come and pick up parts on site if they wish and I would have to attend to them as they came.
straight forward work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 19, 2016
hours are always available if you need to work a 60 hour a week you are able to with overtime

I loved delivery, you could drive all day easiest job I have ever had. there is not much time to talk management is very strict, however, good work is constantly recognized and rewarded
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
short staffed
great place to work
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2016
productive place always learning and enjoying working with other teamates,i've been working for this company going on 4 yrs,great management team
Pros
two free 10 mns breaks and 30mns lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced work environment with outstanding team work
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2016
Mondays and Fridays were morning safety meetings, other than that regular day consist of picking orders for commercial auto repair shops/customers. Packing orders to be shipped via UPS or if i was needed in the back the duty was Shipping & Receiving.
Management was questionable sometimes but overall got the job done. I never found any task too difficult for me to complete. Im a happy individual. I enjoyed all aspects.
A typical day at WorldPac
Receiving Clerk/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 10, 2016
A typical day of work for me at WorldPac includes unloading trucks, printing daily inventory reports, looking for any discrepancies and ensuring that those discrepancies are corrected by paying close attention to detail and making sure that steps are taken to resolve any issues. I perform bin movements, and primary, scheduled and invoiced cycle counts at the beginning of each day. I stage up to 750 line items of parts every day. I put away up to 500 line items of parts on a daily basis. I have always loved working with automotive parts and have been very successful in positions where I am required to use precision and pay close attention to details. I love to have things organized, clean and neat, and I am a problem solver.

From working at WorldPac, I have learned the warehouse side of the automotive parts industry from the company that has the largest import and domestic selection of automotive parts available in North America. Management has always been very professional at WorldPac. At WorldPac, we work as a team to ensure the success of the organization. The hardest part of the position is ensuring that orders are put up in a timely manner when we are understaffed. The most enjoyable part, of my current position, is knowing that things are done correctly and everything is in order. I like the feeling of achievement, at the end of the day, when we have gone through eight to twelve pallets of parts, opened them, staged them and put everything away correctly and closed all of the orders electronically.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorldPac. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9