WorldPay US, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Credit card processing at it's finest
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAApril 3, 2016
Up at 5am and finishing about 9pm six days a week to follow up with Sales support, and sending out emails to potential clients and partners, in the field canvassing for new prospects daily. I learned how credit card processing can be easy to understand once you take out the middleman. My Sales manager and VP of LA Metro has been the best part of the learning experience and most supportive in sales processes. My co-workers are awesome to work with, and share a lot of best practices. The hardest part of the job is building a book of business and a book of partnerships that produce referrals. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about how businesses are ran, and the opportunity to build a big residual stream of income.
Pros
Awesome management, sales process is streamlined, and the ability to build a residual based income.
Cons
Takes a lot of time to build the residual income.
Great Compensation based on performance
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2016
WorldPay is a great place to work, but I'm looking to get back into Management and it is not possible with WorldPay. I would recommend to younger go getters in getting their start in sales
Fun and Competitive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  CantonOctober 2, 2015
The company was a great place to work. There was a great deal of competition among the sales reps which brought many deals to the company.
No job security and constant change of managers and supervisors
Central Installation Specialist/ HD II (Former Employee) –  600 morgan falls road 30350July 29, 2013
A typical day of work consisted of troubleshooting technical issues with POS terminals. I enjoyed the challenges this job presented as far as problem solving.I learned how to work with large groups of people to come up with solutions and meet deadlines.all though the environment was not a professional one. the best part of this job was assisting the customer, and making sure they were satisfied with there service.The hardest part of the job was the lack of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
consistant work schedule
Cons
lack of leadership, and opportunity
No advancement opportunities
PRODUCT ENGINEER - PRE/POST SALES ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2012
This company used to be a good place to work. However, it has been bought and sold several times. With each exchange the corporate culture suffered and it has deteriorated incredibly.

In terms of co-workers, the idea of team spirit is gone. There is a growing trend of co-workers saying, "that's not my job." It seems like people don't want to help each other or the clients.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of updated tools and resources. Upper management wants to build great things but they don't provide their employees with the support, tools, and resources necessary to accomplish those tasks/goals.
Pros
some flexibility in schedule.
Cons
everything else
Productive and opportunity for growth
Customer Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2012
A typical day at Worldpay involve atleast 60-80 inbound technical calls in which nothing less than stellar customer / technical assistance was provided. While working with helpful peers, it allowed the daily workflow to progress effeciently and smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was to hear the satisfaction from the customer after resolving their customer / techinical issue.
Pros
hour lunches; overtime availability
Great experience, each day is different
Transaction Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2012
Each day begins by monitoring credit card transaction activity of hundreds of merchants in various industries. After monitoring is completed, I perform investigations on highly unusual transactions. I contact merchants, make inquiries, and request supporting documentation. Once documention is received, I contact issuing banks to perform verifications. After verification is complete, funds are released to the various merchants. The most enjoyable part of the job is educating merchants about the risks associated with credit card transactions, and often helping merchants avoid financial losses.
Pros
helping people, customers, & coworkers
Cons
resolving issues that are created by others
Horrible place to work...low morale, poor leadership
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 15, 2013
This place is horrible...DO NOT accept an offer for employment. The morale is extremely low in the Atlanta office. Constant lay-offs or termination of tenured staff. Poor, ineffective leadership. Constant turnover of Directors/Managers etc. Departments to do not work together...everyone passes the buck. I sincerely regret taking this job. I guess I should have heeded my first warning sign when my verbal offer was a few thousands dollars off from my written offer. When I questioned the recruiter, I was told I misunderstood only to find out from other new hires the same exact situation occurred with them...unbelievable!
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
short breaks, leadership does not care about employee moral, only production.
Enjoyable Company Until Bought Out
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2013
The company was very enjoyable to work for until it got bought out and the new owners are down-grading positions and salaries in order to turn a profit for resale. The people I work with are what makes the job enjoyable. Everyone is a team player and truly believes in helping each other out.
Pros
location, people
Cons
pay, work load for amount of people
Employee beware
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2013
The company is going through a lot of changes and the budget is tight. Company wide sales are down by 50% and they are trying to sell the company off.
They are turning and burning employees at an alarming rate, just to show a profit.. Not much support as internal staff was downsized at the end of 3rd quarter.
Pros
at least its a job
Cons
small stipend, but mostly commission... on profit.
Worldpay has went to the bottom..it's a number game ..You have no say so in what goes on.Do not work here if you can help it..
Account manager (Former Employee) –  GANovember 15, 2013
Worldpay was a great company to work for back when I started in 2005...Operations dept morale is at a all time low..Management is the worse..I have seen...employees are always getting fired ...operations is too worried about numbers and not the health of the employees..Please think twice before you get a job offer here...Operations is the most stressful and you may need to get a prescription for high blood pressure..and that is the truth.because they will fire you really quick if you are out so many days..and that is with a doctors excuse...the company had been sold 3 times since I was there..Seems if no one wants to buy it.this time around.I wonder why?..I stress please think twice before you take a job offer here..Especially in operations..
Pros
foodtrucks
Cons
constant turnovers in operations.
No transparency, unstable.
Lead Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2012
Unfortunately, while this comapny has the potential to be great, the non-transparant methods and tactics implemented during numerous changes in ownership, down-sizing, and product deterioration, have created a malignant culture in the work place riddled with unsurity, high level stress, unbalanced delegation in responsibilities, and a valid serious tone of resentment amongst tenured staff, which clearly resounds amongst new comers.

The talent that I had the pleasure of meeting and working closely with for 4.5 years are some in the highest calibur of thier field, though the company's unstable infrastructure and lack of integrity erodes the basic needed supportive platform required for a professional to make the difference thier talents may have to offer.
Pros
opportunity to work with a diverse group of colleagues
Cons
unstable company
Fast paced very independent
Bank Alliance Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMarch 25, 2014
A typical day would be checking emails in the morning, participating in bank meetings, meetings with potential clients, branch visits, cold calling on new prospests
Pros
independence
Cons
very busy sometime hard to fit time in for breaks
Stay away!
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2012
This company is not a good one. They look for every reason in the world why not to pay commissions. meanwhile they are turning over management and sales people left and right. It's a horrible environment and there is no positive here.
Good Company to work for
Commercial/National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 6, 2013
I had a successful career with WorldPay, although the company lacked the ability to adjust to the ever-changing merchant service industry.
Pros
pay rate was generous
Cons
management job security
Horrible
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 26, 2014
Complete disregard for family and personal life. High stressful job! Left here everyday with a headache; not because of the job itself, but because of management. I want out!
Cons
everything
Stop..Don't accept the job offer.
Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMay 25, 2013
Poor management from the CEO, HR VP, and HR Director. Employees are over worked and under paid. They have had four layoffs in 18 months.
Cons
multiple layoffs, low pay, low morale....incompetence.
Not applicable
Contract Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2012
No job security, Some of the management has no willingness to help with promoting within the company, the benefits are not conducive to lifestyles
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Excellent Company
Telesales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2012
great company to work for, enjoyed my experience there. Worked there for 5 years, gained valuable experience.
Pros
casual work enviroment, great commision incentives
Great company to work for.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2012
This is truly a great company to work for. This company taught me a lot about quality customer service and the processing of credit card transactions.

2.8