WorldStrides Employee Reviews in United States

Great company TONS of sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 23, 2016
This is a great company to work for. They really take care of their employees. Working environment is very casual. This company is for the person who is driven by making AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN! With that being said that also comes with long hours, travel, sales OR you're that middle-aged person whose kids are off to college and you need something to do and bring that extra money in. I left this company for personal reasons. If someone asked me would I ever go back. Yes I would.

p.s.-The whole company is sales driven.
Pros
The money, hours, casual dress attire, employment appreciation days
Cons
No room for advancement
Great company to work for
Travel & Events On-site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2016
Worldstrides brings over 100,000 students to the East Coast for accredited educational tours annually. Worldstrides has over 350,000 students traveling worldwide last year alone.
The staff and all departments are top notch when it comes to customer service.
Pros
The staff is great to work with and the quality of the tours are fantastic.
Cons
I would like more of a West Coast tour representation
Nepotism and fear-based micromanagement
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 1, 2016
This is the absolute worst company in the industry and the worst employer in the area. You will notice that they are ALWAYS hiring. That is because they are always firing people; zero job security. Tragically, I met some of the loveliest people working at this company but they have all been fired (summarily without cause or explanation) and others simply quit out of desperation for their sanity. The "leadership" is family and friend-based and you have no chance of growing or being promoted.
I worked herefor five years and quit out of disgust for how my coworkers were being treated. I cannot express how much you should AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!
Pros
Very nice coworkers
Cons
"Leadership", amoral HR practices, nepotism
Good pay=no life
Educational Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 10, 2016
Great company, Great people, Great pay. If you have a life whether its a kids, significant other, a hobby etc forget about it. This job requires you to work 6 days a week and most days begin as early as 7:30am and can end as late as 9pm.
Pros
constant contests for monetary amounts, a lot of perks
Cons
you can not use the bathroom without having your phone on you
This company has NO idea what direction they want to go
Not given (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 4, 2016
This company is famous in Charlottesville for its mass firings, rotten working conditions. One moment you have a job, at the end of the day you have nothing.

Laughable salary, even worse management, if you want to call what they have management. First graders could do a better job.

Best advice - avoid at all cost.
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Read above
Terrible Company - Beware!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
They let me go just before I began making money and then turned around and brought me to court to return equipment that they already had back...they had made the pickup arrangements.
Pros
Cons
no work life balance - I worked more hours than if I had been commuting
Review
Educational Travel Specialist (Current Employee) –  richmond, vaMarch 17, 2016
Not bad. Really hard to get revenue and annoying evening hours. Nice management but no room for advancement and NO job security. They mass fire all the time.
great company
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2016
Very friendly Organisation. Everyone eager to help. Doing outbound calls learing to communicate over the phone in a timely matter.Multi task with Microsoft office and Maximizer.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone
Educational Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  RichmondMay 20, 2015
They treat you like children and micro manage you in every way possible. The Richmond office is a joke they think if they feed you they can treat you how ever they want. The VP of the office has favorites and you know if you are not one by how your treated. Not professional at all. They have you use fake names to leave messages if you are not getting through. Work from 7 am to 8 or 9 at night and Sunday evenings you get no time to enjoy your life outside of the place
Festival Selection Advisor
Festival selection advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 7, 2015
This company has a great product. Problem with selling it is the price point. Any teacher that is interested is no longer after hearing the price.

I loved my time here, the people were amazing they staff was always finding ways to encourage you when you were down. The directors really seemed interested in you and how they can help you go further. A great starting salary.

But then reality sets in. Its a sales job. And you are in a small market for educational travel at the moment. You have to be there early, 7:30 am, and be there late, 6-7pm, to get a hold of teachers. Calling on your personal phone after hours and on weekends. Your territory is so stretched you wont have many good schools. The good sales people who are at quota early, those are people who have been there for a while and have repeat business and no new sales. If you cant get your teachers to sign on get a deposit turned in for a trip, then more than likely you wont be there long.

Dont let the free lunches, the contests, the encouragement ever make u feel safe. You are not. If you make your sales quota you will be fine. If you don't, start looking for a new job.
Pros
Free lunches, many bonuses. Great benifits Nice starting salary.
Cons
Longer hours than advertised. False security.
Micro management and no job security
sales associate (Former Employee) –  VANovember 29, 2015
Never know if you have a job by end of day, no job security,constant turn over, mass firings each season for "not producing" despite only being trained by other new employees when mangers take the summer and holidays off, all of them -so they hire you leave you to fend for yourself then core you for not doing it right.

Work 24/7 in at 7am out at 8/9pm and your phone is always forwarded and ringing with angry teachers. Ac that is not enough. You will never see your family or friends.

Micromanaged. Every second of every day. You will never do anything correct. Ever. It is a very emotionally crushing job. The management that is constantly critiquing you had never actually done the job, and are wildly underqualified to coach sales staff

Everyone gossips and talks about others,especially in management -where there are definate favorites. You will not be successful there unless you learn to kiss butt. Everyone is always eavesdropping on conversations and then twisting it to share with others to save themselves.

Completely inappropriate atmosphere, racist "jokes", sexism, and foul language 24/7 and only encouraged my management who is sleeping worth staff.

Don't do it.
Pros
Constant food. Everyone is equally miserable
Cons
Everything.... seriously, everything.
Heartfelt place to work with great people!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 24, 2014
WorldStrides has grown substantially over the last few years and with that comes newer, more efficient processes across all departments. Despite the growth, they continue to place an emphasis on a casual work environment with a work/life balance. In fact, there’s a kegerator in the break room for employee happy hours and team gatherings. Unlimited sodas, coffee and tea, casual dress code including jeans, flexible work schedules depending upon your department’s busy season, gym discounts, travel discounts – sure, there are busy seasons that are stressful, but it’s hard to overlook the overall package of WorldStrides. We change students’ lives every day!
Pros
great teams to work with and unique benefits
Cons
peak seasons can call for long hours
Great benefits and Pay--if you need a job for a few months
Educational Travel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 19, 2014
Very difficult market--they give referrals only to their top sales people if they lasted the first season. Starting out there is no learning curve or formal training, lots of cold calling----GLORIFIED TELEMARKETING!!!!!! Educators don't respect you or the company very hard sell
Cons
poor management
Great company
Data Entry/ Costumer Support (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 11, 2015
Cant really remember much about this company because its a seasonal job but as much as i can remember the pay was great and management was super nice
-- Don't waste your time applying --
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 25, 2014
After submitting my application, I quickly received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well so I had another one with a group of managers. They asked me to do a project as part of the interview process. I was given a short document outlining a project that I was supposed to do. The project took me about 15 hours given its requirements and to be "creative."

After I submitted the project I didn't hear back from anyone at Wordstrides. I followed up a week later and still nothing! It has been months now and nothing.

I can't believe how unprofessional and rude this company is. I feel like they wanted my ideas and work for free.. Do not waste any of your time or hope on this company. Don't waste your time applying!
Pros
quick response to application
Cons
everything -- they are horrible
Results focused company...driven management
Senior Vice President of Sales - DiscoverNow (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VirginiaFebruary 27, 2015
Everyone at WorldStrides is passionate about the mission to bring educational student travel to as many students as possible throughout the United States.
worldstrides
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  charlottesville, vaMarch 1, 2013
our company was bought out by worldstrides. they say they have family values but you dont see this at all. Their customer service to their clients was awful. coming from a wonderful company who took care of their clients to one who did not was tough. people who moved up were based on who friends where not based on qualifications.
Fun place
Financial Services Support/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 22, 2012
They have a lot of social gatherings, but want you to be flexible in the position you work in. You could be copying one day, shipping things out the next, on customer service calls and then copying again. However, this is only in customer service.
Pros
freebies all the time
Cons
poor benefits
Home Office.
Educational Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 8, 2013
Enjoyed working with teachers by phone and face to face each day to help them extend their classrooms through travel. History was the core curriculum of the educational travel programs.

What I learned was that the USA educational system is broken. We offered opportunities for students to extend their horizons. The teachers were exceptional, but with constraints. Buy offering the extended classroom they made a difference in their students lives.

Management was consistant with training and direction.

My many co-workers will be lifelong friends.

It was challenging to find that teacher who wanted to go the extra mile for their students.

I loved to travel with the schools on thier trips and watch their eyes light up to the wonders of the destiinations. Now they have more information for a productive life. The trip that changed them forever.
Pros
401k match. medical. dental.
Cons
not enough family time.
Great Product and Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 10, 2014
Good work/life balance. Casual work environment and awesome travel opportunities for employees and their family members. They don't pay at the top of the scale but you can't put a price on some of the perks that come along with the job.

2.9