Worldwide Express Employee Reviews

Good company to make money and advance career
Client Account Executive - Truckload Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2017
Pros: Great People. Great Culture. Management cares about your success. Better Work/Life Balance compared to other companies in the industry. Clear cut path for promotions. Freedom to make your own schedule as long as you are succeeding. Better compensation than competitors. Truckload department is growing.

Cons: Processes, roles, and responsibilities can change a lot, sometimes at a moments notice. Lots of "this is going to happen in x months," but never happens. Not a lot of collaboration or brainstorming in order to improve efficiencies. Not a lot of transparency on what goes on "behind the scenes" at the upper levels.

Advice to Management: Think a little more about the employees rather than what the private equity company wants. Ask for improvement ideas and suggestions from employees at the direct levels rather than sending out a survey which is not specific to any department in the company.
Decent Job
Freight Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2017
Inconsistent operations practices. The benefits are not great, the company does not contribute anything to your 401K. Other than that it's and Okay place to work.
Great work place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2017
When i worked there it was about 8 people so it was very close tight group. The management really cared for the health and happiness of the employees. Fun place and great group of hard working individuals who also knew how to enjoy life.
Good People, Not a very stimulating job
Regional Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 10, 2017
People were great. Job was slow paced. Not a position for everyone. If working in a call center is not something you want to do for 8-9 hours a day, then it is not the job for you.
workplace culture
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2017
Reminds me something from the movie "Boiler Room." Everyone thinks they are above the world, and they have their heads up their own stink holes. Staff safe and stay away!!
Great Place to work
Carrier Sales (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 8, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working for this company. The office life cannot be beat. The only bad thing was management. Very unclear instructions were given time to time and we were very much mislead about future plans for our office.
Very fun work environment, golden tee machine, rock band,
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2017
It was a very good experience, I enjoyed my time there. I will always be greatful for the people I met and learned from. I made a lot of good friends and lifelong connections.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
We merged and I was a victim of exspense avoidance
Great Company when I started
Freight Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 20, 2017
The quality of the people that came on to run the office were lacking in people skills. We worked hard and a lot of the times that effort was overlooked. I believe the corporate office was putting pressure on the franchises to produce more.
Pros
Free Lunch, time off was pretty much always approved.
Cons
Managers were lacking in leadership & you were expected to work long hours with no overtime.
Hiring managers
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 1, 2017
Hiring manager J. C. is doing a disservice to the company in ways that don't serve the quality of employees on staff. His internal biases have led to a poor candidate pool and consequently to overall low moral in the workplace.
Run far away- memphis mgr is awful
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2017
The Memphis office is a terrible place with a terrible manager. He has zero employees right now, becsuse he's a nightmare to work for. He gives you zero vacation days and all pricing must be done after work hours. He has no social life, so he will expect you to not have one either. Expect to work long hard days and be micro managed, controlled, and belittled by your manager. If you have anything personal to do, like a Dr's appointment, he will ask why you need to go, where is the office, and how long it will take and will even ask you to reschedule if he doesn't like the time of day you picked. He will want you to eat, breath, and sleep Worldwide Express. He is a pathological liar and can't remember half of what he says. No one sticks around long because it's already a hard job and working for a bad leader makes it 100 times worse. You will immediately regret it if you go to work at Worldwide Express Memphis.
Pros
Training
Cons
Everything- literally
Great Employees
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work, wonderful management, great team atmosphere, great location for me. Teamwork was easy, helped each other out. Great boss, create team!!
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Relatively fun place to work but a lack of communication from all levels of management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 21, 2017
A real lack of communication from all levels of management in the corporate office. Management seems to place more value on a fun "corporate culture" rather than on customer service and the "customer experience".
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
no matching 401K, lack of communication from management
Very competitive work place with little support from management
Account Executive (Outside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Satisfactory workplace environment. Management gives little support when training/working. Employees are expected to take full initiative for own performance and knowledge of company. If you are independent and good at solving problems on your own, it is a good "foot step" job. Hardest part of job is dealing with the poor management structure. Most enjoyable part of the job is its a young workplace environment.
Pros
Ping Pong table
Cons
no time off, poor management
Wonderful company, headed in a great direction.
UPS Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2017
Everyone is wonderful from the CSR's to the Corporate Executives. Company provides time off to volunteer and gives to charity. The atmosphere is fun and laid back as long as work is getting done efficiently.
Always on the go
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed my team at WWEX; the team is young and energetic which worked out great for myself. Hours are long but it is sales so you only get what you put in. Obviously with sales it is high pressure and if numbers aren't met you will be sure to hear about it.
Stressful, cut throat sales enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2017
Typical work day busy work at office for 1 hour in the morning, cold call till 4 pm and then be prepared to give detailed report. At the end of the day you are guilt tripped into staying as late as you possibly can and if you leave before 6 you are looked down on . Great pay but the product is hard to sell.
Typical sales job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2017
Training is decent, couple weeks then you are on your own. True self starter/hunter. Typical week is 6 meetings ran, with 4 being new meetings with C level executives and owners and 2 2nd meetings. Out in the field everyday, but have to check in and out of the office. Will be analyzed 7 months in and you will know where you stand.
Pros
Out of the office
Cons
No 401K, have to check in and out of the office every day
Great Company
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
You are always expected to be working and being efficient at it.
Everyday you are always learning something new.
Workplace was very relaxed.
I was always able to go to my superior if I ever needed help on anything.
I would definitely recommend Worldwide Express to others.
Pros
Owner of the branch did always by the Employees food or other treats.
Cons
Did not get as much time off as I wished only because I was at a large office.
productive and great place to work.
Accounts Payable Associate II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2017
Plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. The people are great and its a fast paced working environment. It can be really busy at times and overwhelming.
Great environment with great people
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJune 15, 2017
A typical day of work was a lot of time spent on your own and making sure that you were doing better then day before. This dealt directly with a lot of cold calling and traveling on a day-to-day basis. I was able to interact with a lot of individuals and work extremely collaboratively with C-Leve Executives to see just how I could help them along with their company.
Pros
People around me along with management
Cons
A lot of traveling/cold calling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8