Worldwide Express Employee Reviews in United States

Experience
Coordinator/Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
Great job to learn and grow. Very professional environment. Amazing staff and fun place to work. Good competitive pay. If emails and answering phone calls is your thing. Good job for you
Overall a very professional environment.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2016
Worldwide Express is a franchised based company. Minimal opportunity for advancement unless your franchise is expanding rapidly. Decent sales training, with a can do attitude.
Dynamic and fun work environment which promoted a strong team oriented atmosphere
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 21, 2016
A typical week was working Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 5:30 PM and consisted of acquiring, booking and tracking truckloads. I acquired various problem solving skills and built great relationships with carriers and customers. I also acquired a knowledge for numerous line haul rates throughout the United States year-round. Management was excellent and very helpful in providing opportunities to grow and thrive inside the company. We had a very positive and strong employee morale towards the company and each other. I would say the most difficult part of the job was dealing with unpredictable issues that consist within the transportation industry, more specifically after normal business hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was how great the company treated each employee.
Good company.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJDecember 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Enjoyed every day working with incredible people. The job was engaging and fast paced.
High Stress and low pay
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2015
Busy days, long hours, stressful and tense environment. Great co workers but poor management. Constant change in job description. They refuse to hire enough people, forcing others to take on more responsibilities but no pay raises/bonuses. Employees are not appreciated.
Pros
Awesome co workers, great location
Cons
Poor management, short breaks, micromanagers
Great company and atmosphere
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJNovember 8, 2015
Great place to work, professional but laid back atmosphere. A great place to begin a career. I started off a new division there, and in 1 year, I was responsible for 80% of the total revenue of the entire revenue for my franchises sales.
Horrific
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 19, 2015
Best training you'll ever receive but worst franchise owner possible. Corporate and other offices are great but not this one. I recommend this company but not the central pa office. It's a joke
Pros
Great training in dallas
Cons
Local owner
Great company to work for!
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Washington DC Metro AreaOctober 2, 2015
Every day is different at Worldwide Express. I spend my time primarily out in the field meeting with current customers, new prospects, and converting new clients from our competitors services. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people in many different industries.
Aggressive Sales Culture
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
This was were I really learned what it meant to be a professional Sales, and ultimately, a Sales leader. Very aggressive cold-calling culture with high activity, high results expectations early and often. The training program, for both Sales and Management, was top notch. The Sales Management culture from the corporate office to the territory level was that of a culture that breads success. As a Sales leader, the best part of the job was be able to recruit all my team, be a component of their on-going sales training and seeing new reps grow and be successful in the WWEX environment.
If you fit in with the culture, you'll be okay
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2015
Experiences vary franchise to franchise. Unfortunately, my franchise leaders were misogynistic and homophobic. They also intentionally allowed "billing errors" to occur frequently for increased profit. I left on account of my personal ethical principles.
Day to Day
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYAugust 17, 2015
My day in and day out very based on my customer client planned for that week. I am responsible for proactively managing over 220 accounts including business retention, the acquisition of new sales and obtaining profitable growth within your current book of business. I am running proactive meeting and managing warm calls into customers on a weekly base. I drive and support the accounts on a constant base, which has allowed me to triple profit. I meet, maintain and build strong relationships with key accounts end users, such as Owners, CFO’s and Operation Managers
I also work closely and provide sales support to Field Sales Manager and Account Executives by going on larger business deals and making their customer understand what my role is in their account. I need to work closely with clients in order to develop an understanding of their business requirements and need to be proactive in identify solutions for existing and impending challenges that may occur. I've learned a lot with working with Worldwide Express is developing my knowledge within the business world.
Awesome
Regional Director of Full Truckload Operation (Former Employee) –  PittsburghAugust 6, 2015
The best experience I have had in a while. The people are really nice. Great CEO. Nice ownership. Everyone I worked with was very pleasant. Couldnt have been better.
Small company, but great to work for!
Import / Key Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJune 27, 2015
Daily duties included review and prepare documentation with accuracy on every detail and aspect not limited to but including IT
information, commercial invoices, details, etc., transmit information to ABI, verify results and make corrections if necessary monitoring the release of customs and also any OGA as may apply (USDA, FCC, DOT, FDA, etc), check customs release details and ensure any discrepancies are handled properly, transmit payment of Customs duties as needed, ensure file contains all necessary document copies, coordination of entry and break bulk shipments. Prepared, reviewed and coordinated all NVOCC breakbulk /
FCL arrival notices along with proper release of shipments to importers / forwarders / brokers. I also took care of the AR & AP for the company, deposits, check cutting to vendors daily and weekly along with statements to clients and collections. Most of my experience was learned in the 13 years I spent with this company. Management was great as were the co-workers.
Pros
Flexible work schedule when needed
A challenging and rewarding job opportunity
AR Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2015
As a "back office" employee, my job provides me with support, encouragement and consistency. I feel that I am a valued member of our team and our sales reps are some of the very best. Management is very supportive.
Hard Work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2015
Tough job that requires a great deal of energy and persistence each and every day on the job.

A typical day involved planning out your day while making calls and prepping for any meetings you may have for the day. You will then hit the field for the day and cold call business to generate new leads, book new meetings, and eventually close new business.

You learn everything there is to know about B2B situations and the art of making the sell. The training program is excellent and provides you with the tools to hit the ground running.

Management can be excellent or detrimental depending on your franchise group.

Co-workers was one of the best parts of the job if you are lucky enough to actually have them for a considerable amount of time.

The hardest part of the job is the sales aspect. It takes a lot of persistence and dealing with reject properly in order to thrive.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be out of the office everyday and experience all the unique businesses and business owners there are out there.
Pros
Great Experience, Financial incentives
Cons
Long hours, difficult work
Fun Environment
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2015
Great place to work, but just remember you are always an asset, if they do not need you they will not hesitate to get rid of you, without warning.
Learned alot but alot of stress
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 23, 2015
Long work days with rewards on comp plan.
Co workers and manager are great
Management expects alot but will take care of you if your doing well.
Pros
experience
Cons
stress
Fun But Challenging
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJMarch 6, 2015
Fun place to work, but the industry is very challenging. High presure every day. 60 cold calls a day. 80 phone calls a day.
Pros
trips, lunches
Cons
commision
Productive environment, great work-life balance
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2015
Great management, eager to teach environment. Great co-workers, everyone is very helpful. Management is very open to new ideas and loves to listen to employees' ideas and concerns.
Fun up beat enviroment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Great fast pace sales environment. Lots of great incentives and great team leaders that will provide you will sales skills and tools to meet your sales goals on a weekly bases. Very fun company to work for in all.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
na