Worldwide Express Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 6, 2017
Great people to work with. Company is at a point where it is constantly growing. Along with the growth comes stricter corporate guidelines to follow, but that is to be expected. Overall the company is in a great place with great foreseeable growth. The benefits are alright, until they provide a matching 401K, I won't be satisfied in that aspect. However, they advise that something along those lines is in the works.
Pros
Flexible hours, management is helpful, company is growing
Cons
No 401K, difficult adjusting to the corporate structure
Excellent culture and leadership!
Key Account Manager & Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 8, 2017
The culture, leadership example, and management team was exceptional. I couldn't have asked for better a boss, a more energetic and fun team, and a greater learning experience. This franchise was incredible to work for!
Pros
Quarterly team trips, salary and commission structure, work schedule, freedom
Cons
Cold calling
cut-throat fast pace sales
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTDecember 29, 2016
the training was pretty good at a national level. The the local level really depends on your manager. My manager didn't show a lot of attention to detail.
Pros
training at the begining is really good
Cons
It is sink or swim. if you don't beat the guys next to you, you are out.
unproffessional biased work environment
Regional Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 26, 2016
This is a privately owned company in which there is no positivity to be had. Very political place in which if you are not in a certain position there you are very much treated poorly. Upper management does not address appropriate work environment behavior by any means
Pros
there were some small treats employees benefited from
Cons
Whole Company
Great culture, People and Professional Growth
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
Worldwide Express is a great place to work.
Pros: Fast paced, Full Cycle Sales, Nice office, amazing manager, great co-workers, company has lots of money to throw around.

Cons: Long workdays (7:30-5:30), lots of driving.
Productive and a Great Environment
Logs and Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Extremely busy, problem solving throughout the date, constantly working with customer's. Dependable, great management, great pat
Pros
Lunch, constant bonuses, open door policy
Cons
my company is relocating
Alright place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Very fratty atmosphere. Good place to learn, maybe not the best for a career.

Typical day is on the phones all day. Either calling or taking customer service calls.

There is a bar thats cool, if you don't drink there you are not.
Managers cared about their employees health and did not overwork and compensated was above five stars.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2016
I had an intensive week of training at the headquarters in Dallas, TX plus weekly conference calls to follow up and continue to learn. I drive door to door and made phone calls to try to get leads while keeping organized with leads, hot leads and accounts in the CRM. For each potential client I create a cost analysis using simulation models and tools given to me.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off, early off Fridays.
Cons
Micromanagement
Fantastic place to get into sales.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Great culture, managers are incredibly invested in your success and created a great culture to work for especially as a young professional.
Fast paced fun environment
FTL Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJNovember 10, 2016
Excellent work environment with exceptional leadership. Fast paced, but team environment allows for sensational service to customers. Corporate owned company.
Review
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work entails phone calls, customer visits, meetings & canvasing.
I spend most of my day in my car driving to existing and prospective clients.

I have gained a new perspective on business and interpersonal communication. I have developed a set of skills that can be applied to any job. I have learned confidence, well articulation, organization & the effects of compounding good habits over time.

I have learned to build strong relationships with my peers to work cohesively for the customers experience.

The hardest part of my job is the self discipline that is required.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I bring to my customers when I solve a problem or bring value to their needs.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
objections
OK for entry level position
Freight Coordinator / LTL Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 4, 2016
This job was very appealing to a college graduate as they pride themselves on providing a fun atmosphere, alcohol, and a good time overall. However it was a very, very stressful job with long hours. Management was not very involved except where they thought necessary. No official training provided in any department. No official vacation time or sick days offered. When asked for vacation or sick days, they made you feel very guilty and sometimes you even had to work on vacation days or sick days.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, some business trips
Cons
No vacation/sick days offered
UPS Customer Support Specalist/Inside Account Manager
Customer Support/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 8, 2017
As a Customer Support Specialist my main responsibility was to provide our customer with live support with no 1-800 number to call for help with packages or deliveries. I also was responsible for tracking packages to make sure they arrived on time without damage, filed claims, scheduled pickups and deliveries, answer invoice inquiries, request credits or refunds. My manager is amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed this position but I needed to take a step to advance in career. The Inside Account Manager position was created to provide out smaller customer base with a single point of contact. My responsibilities entailed reaching out directly to the customer to check in and make sure they were happy with Worldwide, assist with any concerns they may have brought up during the phone call, uncover new business, pass creditable leads on to our sales team, updating customer with new options they may not have known about and lock them in with certain aspects of our business that make it easier on the customers day to day lives. I have the same manager in this position and I am extremely happy here. However, they are relocating out UPS Ops Team and out Freight Team to Dallas, TX and that's not an option for me at this time.
productive and fun work place excellent management
Freight Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2016
fun work environment great staff and management. ensure that you are set up for success. great compensation and benefits and culture.
Experience
Coordinator/Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
Great job to learn and grow. Very professional environment. Amazing staff and fun place to work. Good competitive pay. If emails and answering phone calls is your thing. Good job for you
Overall a very professional environment.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2016
Worldwide Express is a franchised based company. Minimal opportunity for advancement unless your franchise is expanding rapidly. Decent sales training, with a can do attitude.
High Stress and low pay
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2015
Busy days, long hours, stressful and tense environment. Great co workers but poor management. Constant change in job description. They refuse to hire enough people, forcing others to take on more responsibilities but no pay raises/bonuses. Employees are not appreciated.
Pros
Awesome co workers, great location
Cons
Poor management, short breaks, micromanagers
Aggressive Sales Culture
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
This was were I really learned what it meant to be a professional Sales, and ultimately, a Sales leader. Very aggressive cold-calling culture with high activity, high results expectations early and often. The training program, for both Sales and Management, was top notch. The Sales Management culture from the corporate office to the territory level was that of a culture that breads success. As a Sales leader, the best part of the job was be able to recruit all my team, be a component of their on-going sales training and seeing new reps grow and be successful in the WWEX environment.
Great company and atmosphere
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJNovember 8, 2015
Great place to work, professional but laid back atmosphere. A great place to begin a career. I started off a new division there, and in 1 year, I was responsible for 80% of the total revenue of the entire revenue for my franchises sales.
Great company to work for!
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Washington DC Metro AreaOctober 2, 2015
Every day is different at Worldwide Express. I spend my time primarily out in the field meeting with current customers, new prospects, and converting new clients from our competitors services. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people in many different industries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9